“Clean hotel, no elevator, poor shower” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 2 Pipestone B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“Clean hotel, no elevator, poor shower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is clean, rooms are moderately sound proof. The toiletry is average. There is 24 hour coffee in the lounge. There is ample parking. The only shortcoming I can think of is that there is no elevator to the second floor. I stayed a week while on business in the town. I would stay again but at at $90, it is slightly over priced for a small town. The breakfast buffet was average but acceptable. The shower is the worst one I have seen. Very low pressure. I could not wait to get back home and have a nice shower with copious warm water.

Room Tip: if you have problem climbing stairs with your luggage ask for a level 1 room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SheilaSommers, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are pleased that you found your room and the hotel clean, and that you enjoyed the 24 hour coffee. We do not have an elevator, but if stairs are an issue, we would be happy to get you a room on the first floor. Just request that when you make your next reservation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pipestone, Minnesota, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The room was really nice but the bed sheets felt damp.
I stay in motels 3 nights a week and have to fax my work in each night and at this location they faxed it for me and then charged me $1.10 That is enough to make me stay elsewhere from now on.

Room Tip: It feels damp in the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that the sheets on your bed felt damp. We hope that you will give us another chance to prove how wonderful our hotel is, and that you will come see us again.
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the Welcome by the Front Desk Staff to the Suite--you feel like you are returning home, when one is lucky enough to get a reservation at this facility. Amenities are more than adequate from a hot breakfast w/home-made waffles and all the other traditional fixings for the first meal of the day. Other amenities include a very clean laundry room with a fair price for using plus soap available at the Front Desk. However, the other amenities that is also very clean is their swimming pool and hot tub area; and for the kids there is a play equipment--just outside the door with table/chairs for the parents. This is an Award wining facility w/Award Winners as staff members.
(and don't forget to allow time to tour the Nat'l Monument and buy a peace pipes or take in other Museums/Performing Arts Center, too)

Room Tip: Suites located by exits are very adequate and equipment w/Dishes, etc. in an Efficiency Kitchen area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about our hotel. We do have a great property with a great staff, and it's such a compliment that you felt as though you were "home". Please come see us again soon.
Mankato, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is nice and the nicest in Pipestone but the room I had was dirty. The carpet felt sticky, crumbs on the floor, dirt, dust, and hair in the bathroom. Pressure of water and shower head was not great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned properly. We can assure you this is not up to our standards and are truly sorry about this. We do hope that you will try us again, as we do have a lovely hotel and would like to have you back.
Star Lake, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had booked a room here as part of a family vacation to several national parks, including Pipestone. We got in really late, and were very pleased with the staff and accommodation. It was clean, spacious, a very nice room, and a nice breakfast in the morning. We were only sad that we did not have more time to enjoy the facility before moving on to our next stop.

Room Tip: King suite was awesome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and that you were pleased with the staff and the room. Please come back and see us again soon, but please stay longer next time!
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in Pipestone, Minnesota for a funeral and did not know the area. We made reservations at the Crossings by Grandstay and were VERY pleased. This is, by far, the nicest and CLEANEST hotel at which I have ever stayed. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and happy. If all Grandstay hotels are as well cared for and accommodating as the Crossings in Pipestone, I have a new favorite hotel chain. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying anywhere near Pipestone, Minnesota.

Room Tip: We were traveling with two small dogs so the "pet room" on the lower level was very conven...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SheilaSommers, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you Carol for your kind words about our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our nice clean hotel, and that the staff was very friendly. We pride ourselves on giving #1 customer service. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Pipestone, Minnesota, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I travel a lot for business and consider Hilton Garden, Courtyard. Staybridge hard to beat for middle of the road value and consistency. I'd also prefer to camp in a tent than stay in a Super 8, Value Inn, StayInn or low cost brand.

When my wife told me we were stayng in a Staybridge in Pipestone, I thought, "No worries". When I learned on the way down it wasn't Staybridge but Crossings by Grand Stay, I thought "Ruh Roh Rastro!".

Well. much to my surprise, The Crossings by Grand Stay is extremely new and nice. Service, rooms, value, quality all very good. Mike at the front desk provides a 5 star welcome and service. We almost fought over who carried my bags to the room :-). Mike won. The only issue was the electric fireplace and flat panel kept tripping the circuit. No big deal. I didnt report it until we checked out.

I'd recommend Crossing at Grand Stay Pipestone to anyone traveling to the area who respects fellow guests, a good property and doesnt behave like a rock star on tour when staying in a hotel. Kudos to the Team running this joint and the owners. PS I "heard" the radio station and approve ;-). Peace!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SheilaSommers, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and I appreciate hearing that my night audit, Mike "WON!" He is a great asset to the Crossings. We pride ourselves on being "home town nice". Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone? Share your experiences!