“Just like being Home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Pipestone B&B and Inns
Madison, WI
“Just like being Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the Welcome by the Front Desk Staff to the Suite--you feel like you are returning home, when one is lucky enough to get a reservation at this facility. Amenities are more than adequate from a hot breakfast w/home-made waffles and all the other traditional fixings for the first meal of the day. Other amenities include a very clean laundry room with a fair price for using plus soap available at the Front Desk. However, the other amenities that is also very clean is their swimming pool and hot tub area; and for the kids there is a play equipment--just outside the door with table/chairs for the parents. This is an Award wining facility w/Award Winners as staff members.
(and don't forget to allow time to tour the Nat'l Monument and buy a peace pipes or take in other Museums/Performing Arts Center, too)

Room Tip: Suites located by exits are very adequate and equipment w/Dishes, etc. in an Efficiency Kitchen area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SheilaSommers, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about our hotel. We do have a great property with a great staff, and it's such a compliment that you felt as though you were "home". Please come see us again soon.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mankato, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is nice and the nicest in Pipestone but the room I had was dirty. The carpet felt sticky, crumbs on the floor, dirt, dust, and hair in the bathroom. Pressure of water and shower head was not great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned properly. We can assure you this is not up to our standards and are truly sorry about this. We do hope that you will try us again, as we do have a lovely hotel and would like to have you back.
Star Lake, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had booked a room here as part of a family vacation to several national parks, including Pipestone. We got in really late, and were very pleased with the staff and accommodation. It was clean, spacious, a very nice room, and a nice breakfast in the morning. We were only sad that we did not have more time to enjoy the facility before moving on to our next stop.

Room Tip: King suite was awesome!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and that you were pleased with the staff and the room. Please come back and see us again soon, but please stay longer next time!
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in Pipestone, Minnesota for a funeral and did not know the area. We made reservations at the Crossings by Grandstay and were VERY pleased. This is, by far, the nicest and CLEANEST hotel at which I have ever stayed. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and happy. If all Grandstay hotels are as well cared for and accommodating as the Crossings in Pipestone, I have a new favorite hotel chain. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying anywhere near Pipestone, Minnesota.

Room Tip: We were traveling with two small dogs so the "pet room" on the lower level was very conven...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SheilaSommers, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you Carol for your kind words about our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our nice clean hotel, and that the staff was very friendly. We pride ourselves on giving #1 customer service. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Pipestone, Minnesota, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I travel a lot for business and consider Hilton Garden, Courtyard. Staybridge hard to beat for middle of the road value and consistency. I'd also prefer to camp in a tent than stay in a Super 8, Value Inn, StayInn or low cost brand.

When my wife told me we were stayng in a Staybridge in Pipestone, I thought, "No worries". When I learned on the way down it wasn't Staybridge but Crossings by Grand Stay, I thought "Ruh Roh Rastro!".

Well. much to my surprise, The Crossings by Grand Stay is extremely new and nice. Service, rooms, value, quality all very good. Mike at the front desk provides a 5 star welcome and service. We almost fought over who carried my bags to the room :-). Mike won. The only issue was the electric fireplace and flat panel kept tripping the circuit. No big deal. I didnt report it until we checked out.

I'd recommend Crossing at Grand Stay Pipestone to anyone traveling to the area who respects fellow guests, a good property and doesnt behave like a rock star on tour when staying in a hotel. Kudos to the Team running this joint and the owners. PS I "heard" the radio station and approve ;-). Peace!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SheilaSommers, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and I appreciate hearing that my night audit, Mike "WON!" He is a great asset to the Crossings. We pride ourselves on being "home town nice". Hope to see you again soon.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here because we were in town for a wedding and it was really nice. We stayed for two nights and for the stay relaxing. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful as well as polite. They have relaxing music playing in the lobby which is nice instead of an awkward silence like some hotels. The pool and hot-tub were a good size and well maintained. Our room was pretty nice for the price we paid. The walls are fairly dense to seeing as how we couldn't hear too much outside when we were in the room with the door shut. The continental breakfast was pretty good as well with a surprisingly large amount of options. The only real complaint I have is the lack of an elevator. The only reason this is a concern is because most of my family was staying here from out of town as well and they had a hard time with all the stairs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SheilaSommers, General Manager at Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and thank you for your kind words. We would love for you to come and stay with us again.
North Port
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel was very nice. The hotub was not so hot, but I reported to the Front Desk & they said it would be fixed by morning --- I've heard that before. True to their word. Next morning at 6 a.m. It was hot and working fine.

Should have gone to the local diner, but on recommend of front desk went to local pizza hut ---- poor service there.

Room Tip: AC was great in our room Quiet & effective.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I love reading comments from our guests that when they have an issue or a concern and bring it to my staff, that they are following through on it. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great comment. Please come and stay with us again!

Been to Crossings by GrandStay Inn & Suites Pipestone? Share your experiences!