“Disappointing Marriott” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Oakland, California
“Disappointing Marriott”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights at this hotel on Aug 1st and 2nd. The room was clean and nicely taken care of. The usual amenotie weren't provides, like cream rise or
Lotion. Had to chase it down. The free breakfast was terrible. The room was not kept clean. There was spilled food on the floor, too manyeople for the small room, and the hot food was quite awful. The eggs were likely powdered, the everything else followed suit. It was so NAD that the second day we went somewhere else. Shame on you Marriott!

Stayed August 2014
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear jeri126:
We want to extend our most sincere apology for the disappointment we caused in our failure to provide an excellent room and service. I would like the opportunity to make this right with you; please contact me directly.
We would like another chance to win your loyalty - please do not hesitate to contact me for your next reservation.

Tami J. Scott - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reno, Nevada, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The check-in was painfully slow, and the room was nothing to get excited about (a step above a Motel 6). The breakfast was pretty good considering it was included in the price. I was expecting a little nicer coming from a Marriott hotel chain.

Dear Eric M:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - the Fairfield Inn & Suites ABQ Airport. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations upon arrival; thank you for sharing your comments regarding the check-in process. I will definately look into the situation and see where we could improve the efficiency of our process.
We would like another opportunity to win your loyalty; if you find yourself coming to Albuquerque again in the near future please contact me directly for a reservation.

Tami J. Scott -GM
Clovis, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was the worst Marriott Hotel that we have visited. The service was okay, but not superb. Our room was sub-standard for a Marriott. Our bed sheets had a stain on them and our phone did not work, so we had to go downstairs to the front desk to let them know and have everything changed. It is very hot in the hallways as the small air conditioning unit at the end of the hallway is used to cool their entire hallway. Also, these hallways smelled. The front desk told us what we would be charged and it was different than the price we reserved for the room. However, the maintenance person and continental breakfast food serviceperson were very kind.

Dear Ahotelreviewer2014:
My most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family during your most recent visit. We have looked into the issues you described with the air conditioning on the guest floors and my apologies for your discomfort.
I was glad to hear the our maintenance staff and our breakfast attendant were friendly and accommodating.
We appreciate your feedback and we will use these comments to improve our overall facility as well as our service.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is just ok. It's not great and it's not bad. I stayed here on my Marriott Reward Points, so I feel like I can't complain too much. Pros: Location is easy to find. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful. There is an Applebee's just outside, so it's easy to walk to. The room was clean. I did not have the breakfast as I was in a hurry, but from what I saw it looked fine. Cons: There were children running up and down the hall until 3am. The walls are not very thick, so we heard every bit of it. The plug for the bathtub did not work, so I had to attempt to give my young children showers, instead of a bath. Room was smaller than what we are used to. Like I said, overall it was just ok for a Marriott brand.

Dear e3ward:
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites ABQ Airport and we appreciate that you found our location convenient for your travel purposes. You are correct, it is great to have Applebee's right outside our front door and our guests' very much enjoy this added benefit.
I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise in the hallways - in the future, feel free to contact the front desk and we will certainly address any noise concerns immediately. As you stated, our front desk staff is friendly and willing to meet any concerns and provide service.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return to Albuquerque.

Nephi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I frequently stay at Marriott with friends and family. This time I caught a deal which was quite a bit cheaper than my friends and family rate. I had to pay in advance and it was non refundable. I guess this hotel offers that rate on a somewhat regular basis. It was easy to get to the University of New Mexico and downtown from here. Close to return my rental car to the airport. Room was clean, not fancy and a little older. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was fairly decent. Overall was a great value and a much nicer stay than I had last year when I stayed at the Fairfield on Manuel (a couple miles north of UNM). Service as I always see at Marriott is good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Greg R;
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! I would agree that we are fairly priced and provide value not only with our complimentary amenities but also our close proximity, as you mentioned, to the University of New Mexico, downtown, Sunport, Kirtland Air Force Base and many other great places!
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Airport - we appreciate your business! I hope you will be traveling back to Albuquerque in October to enjoy our wonderful International Balloon Fiesta - don't miss it! We are only 10 minutes south of the park itself - and to see over 500 hot air balloons ascend is quite a sight! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next reservation at our hotel.
Tami J. Scott, GM
Perryville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently stayed a week at this hotel and the stay was pleasant. The rooms are clean and the beds are nice. The location makes for quick access to the interstate or airport. The free breakfast is very good as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Chad D:
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel - we are glad that you had the experience we strive for daily! I hope that you will come back to our hotel soon and enjoy the great weather in Albuquerque.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Was not expecting this much from a Fairfield.
In the past I have tried to stay away from Fairfield Inns due to nothing more than uncomfortable beds. After all that is why your there most of the time. This one had very comfortable beds in a very clean and up to date room.
As previous reviewers have mentioned, it has all the amenities such as fitness room, pool and washer and dryer. The fitness room was in great shape with everything in working order.
They did have a complementary breakfast but we were out the door before it began.
Kudos to the management at the Fairfield Inn Airport in Albquerque!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Olineman:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - Fairfield Inn and Suites Albuquerque Airport. We appreciate the kind words and we are glad that you found our accommodations comfortable! It is so important to have a comfortable bed and get a restful night, but you will definately have to come back to enjoy the breakfast.

We look forward to serving you again in the future and thank you again for staying with us!

Tami J. Scott GM