“Okay stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Sacramento, California
“Okay stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is just ok. It's not great and it's not bad. I stayed here on my Marriott Reward Points, so I feel like I can't complain too much. Pros: Location is easy to find. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful. There is an Applebee's just outside, so it's easy to walk to. The room was clean. I did not have the breakfast as I was in a hurry, but from what I saw it looked fine. Cons: There were children running up and down the hall until 3am. The walls are not very thick, so we heard every bit of it. The plug for the bathtub did not work, so I had to attempt to give my young children showers, instead of a bath. Room was smaller than what we are used to. Like I said, overall it was just ok for a Marriott brand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear e3ward:
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites ABQ Airport and we appreciate that you found our location convenient for your travel purposes. You are correct, it is great to have Applebee's right outside our front door and our guests' very much enjoy this added benefit.
I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise in the hallways - in the future, feel free to contact the front desk and we will certainly address any noise concerns immediately. As you stated, our front desk staff is friendly and willing to meet any concerns and provide service.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return to Albuquerque.

Tami J. Scott - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Nephi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I frequently stay at Marriott with friends and family. This time I caught a deal which was quite a bit cheaper than my friends and family rate. I had to pay in advance and it was non refundable. I guess this hotel offers that rate on a somewhat regular basis. It was easy to get to the University of New Mexico and downtown from here. Close to return my rental car to the airport. Room was clean, not fancy and a little older. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was fairly decent. Overall was a great value and a much nicer stay than I had last year when I stayed at the Fairfield on Manuel (a couple miles north of UNM). Service as I always see at Marriott is good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Greg R;
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! I would agree that we are fairly priced and provide value not only with our complimentary amenities but also our close proximity, as you mentioned, to the University of New Mexico, downtown, Sunport, Kirtland Air Force Base and many other great places!
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Airport - we appreciate your business! I hope you will be traveling back to Albuquerque in October to enjoy our wonderful International Balloon Fiesta - don't miss it! We are only 10 minutes south of the park itself - and to see over 500 hot air balloons ascend is quite a sight! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next reservation at our hotel.
Tami J. Scott, GM
Perryville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently stayed a week at this hotel and the stay was pleasant. The rooms are clean and the beds are nice. The location makes for quick access to the interstate or airport. The free breakfast is very good as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Chad D:
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel - we are glad that you had the experience we strive for daily! I hope that you will come back to our hotel soon and enjoy the great weather in Albuquerque.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Was not expecting this much from a Fairfield.
In the past I have tried to stay away from Fairfield Inns due to nothing more than uncomfortable beds. After all that is why your there most of the time. This one had very comfortable beds in a very clean and up to date room.
As previous reviewers have mentioned, it has all the amenities such as fitness room, pool and washer and dryer. The fitness room was in great shape with everything in working order.
They did have a complementary breakfast but we were out the door before it began.
Kudos to the management at the Fairfield Inn Airport in Albquerque!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Olineman:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - Fairfield Inn and Suites Albuquerque Airport. We appreciate the kind words and we are glad that you found our accommodations comfortable! It is so important to have a comfortable bed and get a restful night, but you will definately have to come back to enjoy the breakfast.

We look forward to serving you again in the future and thank you again for staying with us!

Tami J. Scott GM
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very big, very nice hotel. Plenty of free parking and good free wifi. My room was spacious and functional. It was clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. Nice, clean linens and towels. The bathroom was small and clean, with the sink outside the tub/toilet area. There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning that’s really good.

I was on the 4th floor and I saw a coin washer/dryer on this floor near the elevator (but, I didn’t use them.) There is also a pool and gym (neither which I used).

It was a very nice hotel and I would most definitely stay here again. It is conveniently located off I-25 and is only a couple miles from I-40. All good!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tczig:
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff! We definately appreciate you staying with our hotel and we do strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations! I'm very glad you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast - it is a great way to start your day!
I hope you will come back to our hotel soon and enjoy more of what Albuquerque has to offer!
Thank you again and we look forward to serving you.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Pros

* Great value, inclusive of breakfast
* Good bed
* Decent room layout/decor

Con's

* Indifferent staff (no proactive engagement)
* Lack of control of teenagers staying on my floor who created chaos (I had to step in 2x)
* A little far from old town

Room Tip: Hope for no teenagers where you are - Low prices attracts them.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear JackandJill1970,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - I was glad to see that you felt we are a true value with our complimentary hot breakfast. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our decor as well as the comfortable room!
My apologies that you felt our staff was "indifferent" - that is definately not the standard that we cultivate. I will share your comments with our staff to assist us in improving our overall hospitality skills and that we are taking a proactive approach when taking care of our guests.
Albuquerque was hosting the Regional Southwest Soccer Championships this week and we are very grateful to have a great tournament and turnout for this event. However, I know that having this many teenagers in one space can feel overwhelming and I apologize for your experience. We do have all the coaches and parents sign an agreement - and we do try to assist with supervising the teams as best we can; my apologies if they disturbed you in any way.
If you would like to discuss this with me personally I would be happy to speak with you. You can reach me directly at 505-349-2580 or Tami.Scott@Marriott.com. Thank you again for staying with us.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I try to keep in mind the cost of the stay when I write reviews so I won't go into the little stuff, but for $100+ I would expect better, like the smell of the hotel, comfort of the bed, pillows, etc. first, the vanity lights didn't work at all. We notified the front desk at 2pm and returned to the room at 9pm with no resulte
S. We notified the desk again and a maint guy showed up but couldn't fix it. We had to take the desk lamp off the desk and put it on the vanity so we could have some light. Also, we reported that the door to the room had loose hinges and it didn't sit in the frame without getting caught at the top. We had to be sure the door was closed completely and latched or it would stay open a little. There was no effort to fix the door while we were there.
There weren't enough electrical outlets to charge the electronics. We had to find wall outlets and there weren't many that were easy to get to.
The wall AC blew cold air on the bed so we had to put a chair in front of it to deflect the air.
I would expect this hotel to be in the $69 range not over $100.
On a positive note, the complimentary breakfast was decent and it was pretty quite on the top floor.
I wouldn't stay there again unless it was a better rate. In fact, I doubt that I will stay at a Fairfield again. It simply wasn't worth what we paid for.

Room Tip: Upon checking, go to the room before dragging in your stuff to be sure everything works and it meets...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Glenrms,
My most sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. Even with our best efforts we do sometimes fall short of even our own expectations. I am very disappointed that we did not provide you with a clean, comfortable room that works - which is our promise at Fairfield Inn & Suites.
I would ask that you contact me directly and please afford me the opportunity to make this right with you. You can reach me directly at 505-349-2580 or email me at Tami.Scott@Marriott.com.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope to hear from you soon.
Tami J. Scott - GM

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!