“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Windsor, Colorado, United States
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

On our way from Colorado to Arizona we stopped at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport. It was conveniently located near I-25 and I-40. We happened to have a free nights stay. We weren't expecting much because of the "airport" in their name. My oh my, were we surprised! It was a beautiful & quiet facility with friendly staff. Never once did we hear an airplane, either inside or out. The grounds were nicely landscaped. The rooms were fabulous...very modern decor and nice comfortable beds. When asked to give a dinner recommendation, the staff gave us a wonderful suggestion! They offered a hot breakfast bar complete with different types of green chile to put on your eggs (very New Mexico-ish)! I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

As we have been traveling cross country we have been staying in Fairfield inn and suites. This one wax ver clean and accommodating. The breakfast was good as always and the staff kept the area stocked and clean. The room with two queens was large enough for our rollaway which was waiting. In our room at check in. What a delight ! Also , we originally only booked one night but extended it to three and when the front desk realized our rate was out of wack made sure to fix it in our favor. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is pretty basic, with nice clean rooms and friendly staff. Applebees is on site, although since we were in Albuqurque, we wanted to try some New Mexico cuisine. We did enjoy the pool one morning before checkout. In the evening, very windy conditions blew a lot of debris into the pool. Wi-Fi was great, and although the Disney channel was not listed, we got it in our room. This hotel is convenient to everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Fairfield Inn a lot. I had a great room and it was comfortable and clean and had internet access and I was able to relax in a cool environment. The staff were very friendly. I got a great rate for one night and the location was good --- close to the airport and the interstate.

I didn't eat breakfast, but I noticed they had a free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New Haven, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were arriving past midnight and picked Fairfield Inn for a quick overnight. While I have seen some negative reviews, I found none of those issues - Everything worked - everything was clean - breakfast was minimlal but fine for the price of the room. Service was very good - employees all asked (even if just casually passing in hall) if everything was fine and was there anything they could do. We stay at Marriott brands quite often, but this was our first at a Fairfield Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. Right near airport (which by the way is a GREAT airport).

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor due to the crowded Applebees (Sat. night) across the parking lot - but h...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very friendly and professional check-in. This hotel is located very close to Car Rental Return. Applebees is right next to hotel. Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Definitely will stay here on our next trip

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

When I travel, I base my decision on where I will stay based on the reviews I read from fellow travelers. Man were they all wrong when it came to rating this hotel. Yes staff is outstanding but that was all that was correct. The tub in our room had a yellow ring of grime around the drain and was dirty I also noticed the wall by the door looked like someone had spilled something brown and left there to dry. That alone made me want to leave but i didn't want to upset my family so i didn't say anything and stayed. The next day I noticed staines on a pillow and black staines on a so called clean washcloth. The tv did not work nor the ice machine so we had to go down to the main floor for ice. The last straw was waking up in the morning and finding a ROACH ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR!!! I got my family up at 6 a.m. and left!! Very disgusted and will NEVER STEP FOOT IN THIS NASTY PLACE AGAIN!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!