“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Covington, Kentucky, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I flew into Albuquerque airport after about 14 hours in airport and on airplanes. When I walked into the hotel, the staff was extremely nice, and all had big smiles on their faces and was willing to help with me every question I had. The room was very clean and cozy. It is in a great location close to the airport and near numerous restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel and my next time out, I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

After spending too much time in the car, we needed a hotel that was economical, clean, near the airport and had working fitness equipment. The Good: All three fitness room machines worked, treadmill and two elliptical machines! Many hotels say they have fitness equipment and when you try it, it doesn't work.The rooms were large and clean. The breakfast buffet is similar but might be a bit better than other hotels with an electric waffle maker, many types of breads, bagel and cereals. We originally booked one night online in case we didn't like it. But, it fulfilled all our needs so but we booked two more nights at the front desk at the same rate. The front desk people were just the right amount of helpful vs. letting us do our own thing. The Bad: Not much! The buyers of the Fresh fruit and yogurt for the breakfast could buy healthier and tastier products.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
santa monica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 12/13-12/16/2012. I was pleased with the overall experience. From the nice hotel staff to the cleanliness of the room. The only thing I didn't like was there was no microwave or fridge in the room. They did have a small "market" by the front desk which you could purchase this from water to a small personal pan pizza. The breakfast was good. Providing a variety of items. Its in a quiet area. They also have a security guard at night. I must mention three people who I found especially helpful. First was MARY, the night auditor. I checked in at 2:30 am after a delayed flight from LAX.. She was extremely helpful when I had some difficulty with the reservation. She fixed everything quite quickly and cheerfully. Also I would like to mention an agent name TAMMY. I needed a taxi for a short trip and she accommodated me quite nicely. THANK YOU. And Lastly upon check out was Delilah. She got me a shuttle to the airport within minutes of asking. The checkout process was a breeze and she was very pleasant. The staff are well trained and quick to handle a request. The only other issue was the shuttle only runs till 12am, so be sure you have taxi money. But the hotel is very close to the airport. About 5 minutes. I will stay there again next time I'm in ABQ. APPLEBEE's basically on property too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great overall stay!! The staff was friendly and helpful........definitely recommend staying there!! If you get a chance, speak to Frank.......he is wonderful to work with and was very profesional!! I really enjoyed the convenience of being able to have breakf

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this hotel because we were flying out early the next morning, and I needed a hotel near the airport. I do not usually stay at Fairfield Inns, So I was pleasantly surprised with my experience here.This is by far the nicest Fairfield Inn that I have ever stayed at. As a matter of fact, if I were not aware it was part of the Fairfield chain, I would have thought it a higher end hotel. The lobby was very nicely detailed with wood paneling, presenting a library effect, The rooms and bathroom were very nicely appointed as well. The complimentary breakfast was very adequate, yet typical of the Fairfield chain. Overall, this was a much nicer experience than I expected. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business. The location was perfect - about 5 minutes to the airport.
The room was average. My room had 2 double beds & I slept in one the first night & the other one the second night. Both of them weren't super comfortable.
The hotel offered breakfast in the morning. It included your standard cold items (cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc) and waffles and a breakfast sandwich that you could heat up yourself. It was pretty good.
There is an Applebee's in the parking lot, which is very convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We use the Fairfield when business guests arrive in Albuquerque. Our guests stay at the Fairfield and we reserve the conference room to work with them. The breakfast is adequate for our guests. I wish they would offer a bit more variety! How about some green chile with our eggs??! Location to the airport can't be beat for the price. Staff is helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: View of the Sandia Mountains is a room on the north side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!