“Clean, modern hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Clovis, New Mexico
“Clean, modern hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly and check in went quickly. We enjoyed the modern decor and it was a bonus to have a full sized hair dryer in the bathroom. The pool and hot tub temperatures were just right. The gym equipment is nice there was a good variety of it. However, breakfast was disappointing. The "full breakfast" had no hot items other than the waffles you make yourself. If you don't want those you're stuck the options of microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, or toast and fruit. Not even cold cereal was available. If you're a breakfast person, this hotel isn't for you. There are less expensive hotels with better breakfast options in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to look into any issues or concerns at hand by our valued guests more closely. We are happy to hear that the staff was friendly and things went smoothly for you. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in the breakfast area; nevertheless your comments will be reviewed more closely as our utmost desire is to provide a pleasant stay for all our future and current guests. Again thank you and we happily remain at your service!

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the staff and the hotel itself. The front desk staff was helpful and always had smiles on their faces. Convenient location with an Applebee's in the same parking lot and a few other restaurants within walking distance and a short drive to the airport. They have a shuttle service but if the driver is not available, they will pay for a cab to get back and forth to the airport. So close but so quiet!
The room was clean and the bed comfortable. They have a small refrigerator/freezer combo and microwave in the room. Breakfast in the morning was a small selection of breads/muffins, cereal, yogurt and premade egg sandwhiches. Coffee and tea available all day. The fitness center only had one treadmill and two ellipticals but it was never busy so I was able to get in and out before work.
Planning on staying here again when I have business in the area.

Pearland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel is conviently located close to the airport with shuttles available. The room was nice. The mattress was comfortable. We had no complaints. The breakfast bar was good. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Have stayed here for over the past 3 years. Very good staff service, who know the area well for giving directions. They have a list of restaurants of good places to eat and a Applebee's on site.

Suggest making reservations for possible better rates. Near airport terminal and close to Interstate freeways.

Room Tip: Book early,
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The best service I have seen from a hotel any brand in long time, clean,very friendly staff. conveinant to airport and major highway. Will definitely stay again! Two room suites are very spacious and have fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: Upper floors quiet, 2 room suites very roomy.
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Selecting this property from the Marriott website, I was not expecting much. I travel about 200 days/year and almost always stay at a full service Marriott property. However, the rate was nice and the location was exactly where I wanted to be.

Upon check-in, I was pleasantly surprised. My room matched my marriott.com profile to a "T". This is something that rarely happens even though Marriott uses it as a selling point to its Elite members. In fact, I flew in from DC and stayed in a full service Marriott property while in our nation's capital, but, unlike Fairfield, my room wasn't close to my profile preferences.

This leads to my comparison Fairfield by Marriott in ABQ vs. Marriott in DC.

Fairfield: Marriott:
Free Parking $40/night and only via valet (high cost AND a wait for your car)
+/-$70/night +/-$199/night
Room as I like Room set to Marriott's preference
Free Breakfast Free breakfast for Elite members only
Generic, Limited toiletries Expanded selection of upper end toiletries
No help w/luggage* Dedicated bellhop (tip +\-$2/bag)
Luggage cart No luggage cart for guests
Free local calls/wifi Local/long distance/wifi +\-$15/day (Free for Elite members)

Ok, now granted, I understand DC is pricier, but just comparing service, this property beats them...hands down. One would expect better service with a high room rate and a supposed higher end property. I don't see it and I have almost 400,000 Marriott points. As I look at my comparison above, I see a few perks, nicer toiletries and help with your bags, but I am 100% confident that any guest needing help at this ABQ property would receive it. In fact, I often prefer to take my own bags as the bellhop at times has 10-20 years on me or if I don't have any cash on me to tip. I don't like the obligation.

A few more niceties at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport: Self-service laundry is $1/wash and $1/thirty minute dry and the front desk comped me laundry soap! My room was nice and clean and even smelled good. Wifi is nice and fast (and free) and no ANNOYING Ibahn log-in system the Marriott chain seems to love. Every employee I came across was friendly and cheerful and eager to help.

So, what's wrong with this property? Not much. Here are a couple of things, but only because I'm looking for something to say so it doesn't sound like I have a vested interest in this review or this great hotel. First, I'd love a microwave in my room. I had a fridge and bought a frozen pizza from the lobby, but then had to go downstairs to nuke it. Second, a Sunday paper would be nice. Third, I'm not a huge fan of their coffee. That's not to say I didn't drink a couple of cups during breakfast, but I've had better coffee.

I don't contribute often to tripadvisor, but this stay warranted it. And, I anticipate Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport to be my go-to ABQ hotel from now on.

Room Tip: Pool-facing rooms are quiter.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is clean, great price, and friendly staff. I've stayed at several hotels and not very often am I greeted by a member of management during breakfast. Frank Berged was the best. He helped me with directions to some local attractions, too. Everyone was so nice and made me feel right at home.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!