“A work in progress, I think” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1801 Yale Boulevard Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Formerly Ramada Limited Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
west virginia
“A work in progress, I think”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed only one night here, before boarding a plane in the morning. I really liked the guy at the front desk - very nice and helpful.

My room smelled of some sort of sweet disinfectant. Better that than other odors, I suppose, but I'd rather have had no odor at all. The bed and the room were comfortable, but it's clearly an older facility, and things were a bit worn. I had to be careful to close my door behind me - it didn't automatically swing shut, and a couple of times I discovered it wide open - not a good thing for a woman traveling alone!

Sound-proofing left something to be desired. I didn't hear anything from the hallway, but listened to my next door neighbor's end of a long phone conversation, and heard every word.

The room had a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. WiFi was free and worked well. I noticed a laundry room. I followed a sign to "pool, hot tub, sauna, and fitness center," and I can report that the pool, hot tub, and sauna look nice, in a retro sort of way, but there is no fitness center that I could detect.

Breakfast was good. The sign outside advertises "Waffle Bar" - that means not one, but two, waffle makers! Be sure you spray the waffle maker thoroughly before using - I did just a cursory spray because I try to limit excess fat - and it wasn't enough. The poor desk clerk had to clean up my mess, but was nice about it. There were other choices for breakfast as well - the usual suspects.

Overall this was fine, especially for the price (about $50, inc tax) and proximity to the airport. A few renovations would make it really nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
vpatel, Owner at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear gdionelli,

Thank you for our stay at our hotel and helpful suggestions. We are in fact in the process of a renovation and will have the top floor ready for occupancy in early October 2012. Our renovation will include new furniture, carpet, bedding, and bathrooms. We hope to be completed with the whole hotel by the end of the year, but if you are in the area this winter please ask about our newly renovated top floor rooms.

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ganado, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Had to make another quick flight to Texas and stayed for just a few hours at this Econo Lodge. This used to be a Ramada, it seems. The motel is very nice and clean and a cut above most Econo Lodge properties I have used.

The front desk guy was great and went out of his way to be helpful. Great attitude! The room was very nice. Just wish I could have stayed a little longer, but the early morning flight beckoned!

This may become my motel of choice when flying out of Albuquerque. It is close the the airport and all the park and rides, plus it's just a nice place. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Room had micro and fridge. Very decent for the price. I just wonder why all the hotels nearby also have a fence around them!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!