“Stale smell” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Clarita, CA, USA
“Stale smell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed on the second floor near stairs. There is an elevator that we used for transporting luggage. The stale smell was overwhelming when we arrived but I soon got used to it! The ice machine on the second floor was not functional. We would not have stayed a second night. The continental breakfast was packaged type cinnamon rolls, yogurt, cereal. Adequate

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
super8abqeast, Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We strive to exceed expectations and apologize if we fell short. Please be assured that we have addressed the issues you brought up and we thank you for letting us know where we could improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

As far as hotel goes, my review I is quite the same as others..terrible. People working there were nice though. Also, if it weren't for my GPS, I probably would not have found it. Place is situated between construction area and office buildings.

Room Tip: Do not go there, cheap, but even then it is not worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We're sorry that you did not find your stay up to par. We wish to not only meet, but to exceed expectations at our hotel and apologize that we did not succeed during your stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here because most of the other motels were booked. Check in was painless and staff was friendly and helpful. room was clean but nothing special. Tv did have directv with plenty of channels. great value for a place to catch some shuteye.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you, we're glad you enjoy your stay and hope we can be of service to you in the future.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Whatever you do, don't stay here. The woman at the desk who called herself the manager was hostile and belligerent. I asked her twice for a receipt when I was checking out and then she asked me if I wanted a receipt. When I asked why I had to say it three times, she came back at me with utter hostility like nothing I've ever seen before in a hotel. When I asked her name, she refused to tell me and pointed to a blank spot on her shirt. She said she was the manager. When I asked her how I could complain, she said, "Trip Advisor.'' So that's what I'm doing. The room was mediocre, which was expected at the low price I paid. But when the person allegedly in charge acts like she did, you want no part of the place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. This does not reflect the standard of service we uphold and apologize for the incident at check out.
Burleson, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I have only walked out of a hotel once, and this would be the second time. The room was extremely hot when we walked in. The air conditioner was disgusting and had mold growing in it. The walls were disgustingly dirty, especially in the bathroom. The floor was in need of vacuuming. It was just plain dirty, and no one felt comfortable staying there. So, after checking in, we immediately checked out. Maybe we just had bad luck in the room we were assigned, but we decided to find another hotel all together and were glad we did.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We apologize for the condition of the room. Please be assured that this is not our standard of service/cleanliness in our rooms, and that the problem has been addressed.
Cornville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife, grand daughter, her cat, in crate, and me, all would say that it was clean and the A/C worked great, with diners in walking distance......only minor glitch... no refer...early rise and leave for points east....coffee and breakfast was fine....good staff and the motel was easy off/easy on I-40...We did call Wyndham rewards to book the room,witch I think helps

Room Tip: the motel was far enough from the Interstate so there was little noise
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We're glad you found your stay comfortable and hope to be of service to you again on your next trip to Albuquerque.
LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

3rd time at this hotel. Not luxurious but clean and comfortable. Breakfast is good which includes yogurt, cereal and waffles. Tea and coffee available 24 hrs. Helpful staff. Very hot weather brought small lizard into my bathroom which staff very carefully picked up and released outside.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review. We're glad you found your stay comfortable and we look forward to your next visit.