“Manager is hostile and belligerent” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel Albuquerque East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   450 Paisano Street NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123   |
Ranked #80 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Manager is hostile and belligerent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Whatever you do, don't stay here. The woman at the desk who called herself the manager was hostile and belligerent. I asked her twice for a receipt when I was checking out and then she asked me if I wanted a receipt. When I asked why I had to say it three times, she came back at me with utter hostility like nothing I've ever seen before in a hotel. When I asked her name, she refused to tell me and pointed to a blank spot on her shirt. She said she was the manager. When I asked her how I could complain, she said, "Trip Advisor.'' So that's what I'm doing. The room was mediocre, which was expected at the low price I paid. But when the person allegedly in charge acts like she did, you want no part of the place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Albuquerque East, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. This does not reflect the standard of service we uphold and apologize for the incident at check out.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Burleson, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I have only walked out of a hotel once, and this would be the second time. The room was extremely hot when we walked in. The air conditioner was disgusting and had mold growing in it. The walls were disgustingly dirty, especially in the bathroom. The floor was in need of vacuuming. It was just plain dirty, and no one felt comfortable staying there. So, after checking in, we immediately checked out. Maybe we just had bad luck in the room we were assigned, but we decided to find another hotel all together and were glad we did.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Albuquerque East, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We apologize for the condition of the room. Please be assured that this is not our standard of service/cleanliness in our rooms, and that the problem has been addressed.
Cornville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife, grand daughter, her cat, in crate, and me, all would say that it was clean and the A/C worked great, with diners in walking distance......only minor glitch... no refer...early rise and leave for points east....coffee and breakfast was fine....good staff and the motel was easy off/easy on I-40...We did call Wyndham rewards to book the room,witch I think helps

Room Tip: the motel was far enough from the Interstate so there was little noise
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We're glad you found your stay comfortable and hope to be of service to you again on your next trip to Albuquerque.
LOS ANGELES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

3rd time at this hotel. Not luxurious but clean and comfortable. Breakfast is good which includes yogurt, cereal and waffles. Tea and coffee available 24 hrs. Helpful staff. Very hot weather brought small lizard into my bathroom which staff very carefully picked up and released outside.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review. We're glad you found your stay comfortable and we look forward to your next visit.
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My expectations were low and this place just just made it. It wasn't filthy but you could see soda residue on the walls and furniture. A/C hadn't been turned on and it took over 2 hours to get to a comfortable temperature. We had a no smoking room, but you could smell old cigarette smoke throughout the hotel. OK if you are tired and just need a place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you raised have been addressed with housekeeping and maintenance.

Been to Super 8 Motel Albuquerque East? Share your experiences!