“good value for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #88 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque

Tempe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

One bed was "broken". It had one coener that was lower then the others.
The carpet was old and "dirty". The dirt was worn in.
Window covering allowed light in. The flickering light all night was annoring.
The location worked for me. The staff was friendly. I have stayed here in the past and may return. The breakfest is about the same as other places. I did not use the Internet and only has coffee from breakfest (do not eat want was there).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us. We apologize for the carpet, we're addressing it. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to be of service to you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I went to Albuquerque for a weekend convention with almost last-minute arrangements and when I discovered this hotel had better customer ratings AND was half the price of the hotel my convention was at, I gladly booked this. I found the staff at front desk courteous and helpful at all times of day. The place is tucked back off a short road hidden behind the walls that separate the Interstate, by a skating venue, but I didn't see whereas the neighborhood was particularly bad, I've seen worse areas of Albuquerque in past trips. The closeness to the Interstate was perfect for someonewith a car, I don't know if it would be as convenient if had to rely on public transportation though. Overall my room was fine, I didn't have any troubles with the bed or AC unit or wifi access. however I noticed that the paint beneath the window was peeling from past water damage, the curtains were wired onto the curtain rod, and chunks of wall beside the bathtub showed both water damage and denting, so there are distinctly some fine detail maintenance work that really should be addressed. nothing structurally unsound or of great nuisance, but little things that do make a difference in customer opinions. All in all, it was decent for a Super8--not the best nor the worst I've stayed at.

A couple warnings:
First, the breakfast area in the lobby is very small and easily becomes crowded. There is one waffle iron, so unless you don't mind waiting, don't count on a quick waffle. Also food choices besides making a waffle were all carb-based bread, muffins, and bagels, so don't count on finding protein short of the milk.
Second, be VERY careful to check your receipt when you check out to make sure you are not charged a pet fee if you didn't have a pet with you. They tried to slip that charge by me but I caught it and protested. My bill was corrected after a short spell of the clerk (I think she was fairly new) had to ask around for help in fixing it. Afterwards I noticed the wording on my receipt for the charge indicates it is a charge put on automatically, which is a bit of a sneaky practice some hotels take to charge a fee in hopes you won't notice and pay when you shouldn't have to.

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Mary Katherine S
Thank you so much for your input. Our customer's satisfaction is very important to us and we're sorry to hear of the mistake with the pet fee. We do not charge any extra fees automatically and it was an unfortunate error. I'm glad we got it taken care of for you. Thank you as well for bringing our attention to the maintenance details that need work. We'll be sure and get it done. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to serve you again.
Socorro, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Weekend trip away from home and visiting with family staying in a much more expensive hotel. I just needed a place to crash after a long day of fun. Check-in was a bit troublesome since their computers went down, but I work in IT so I understand those things happen. BUT they checked me in the old fashioned way and I was on my way to my room and a good night's sleep in a clean room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank your for your input. We look forward to being of service to you again.
LAWTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

the location is great because it is close to where my family lives. the staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable and always helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!