I work at an IHG property that if very clean and only expect that when I stay at a hotel that it will be clean and comfortable. The girl at the counter was very friendly and checked me in very quickly. The room was not vacuumed; there were candy wrappers between the night stand and the wall. There was some white/gray hair on the bed near the pillows and I’m not sure if it pets hair or a guests. My boyfriend when to the bathroom as soon as we checked- in as any guest does- he looked at the floor and noticed some hair not much but there was some. He also noticed that the back of the bathroom door had some nasty off white goo. I went to tell the girl at the counter about what we had seen since we checked- in and she moved us room. We were pleased that she was very nice once again. We were moved to the third floor and I walked in and started looking around, there were no wrappers on the floor but the carpet was not vacuumed, there was more hair in the bathroom and hair stuck on the bathroom door! That is not the worst of it... As I moved the curtains out ran a HUGE roach maybe like a couple inches long. My boyfriend told me to not say anything that night but to just mention it at check-out. In the morning I did mention to the front desk representative who happened to be the general manager of the property and all she told me was "we'll spray that" I have no idea what the "that" was but in any case I was charged for my room. I went paying an employee rate which is nothing really but just enough to cover the cleaning/labor cost of the room. I don't understand because both rooms were not cleaned properly and the rooms are not being inspected. Not one person has ever complained that the property I work at is dirty.
As a hotel management graduate I was very disappointed with my stay at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.Candlewood Suites Albuquerque hotel is located in the heart of Albuquerque, New Mexico and is only a one hour drive to Santa Fe. We are near the city's major highways and just 3 miles from downtown. Just a few minutes away from the Albuquerque International Airport, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Park and the mid-town business district. The finest dining, shopping and entertainment are also close by. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet, two separate phone lines; check e-mail and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and DVD/VCR. Borrow your favorites from the free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard, now featuring 'Juan Valdez' complimentary coffee to all guests. You can also purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Pets allowed with a non-refundable fee based on length of stay. $75 for 1-6 nights and $150 for 7+ nights. Pet agreement must be signed at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Candlewood Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Candlewood Suites