“A place to crash with an OK gym with kitchen facility in room” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #58 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A place to crash with an OK gym with kitchen facility in room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

If this was a vacation trip instead of work, I would have had more use for the kitchen facilities. It's in a fairly central location as far as Albuquerque is concerned. Close to Walmart, if that's where you shop. Lots of cameras inside and out, so I don't know if that makes me feel safer, or not. It's got your typical gym equipment for a smaller chain hotel, it all worked well, but there are no towels or equipment cleaning products on hand. Great room facilities, but this chain has weekly maid service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood for 4 nights. This was our first experience at any Candlewood establishment and we chose it because we were looking for a place that would enable us to cook our own meals and 'settle in' for a few days while on a short holiday in the US.

We were very impressed with our experience. Our 1 bedroom apartment was neat, clean and spacious, with everything we needed for a comfortable stay. All the kitchen basics were covered - cutlery & crockery, cooking items, dishwashing liquid, tea towels and even paper towels and filter coffee sachets, plus plenty of storage space for any groceries we bought. A small cooktop was complemented by a microwave and even a dishwasher.

The bathroom was well equipped and not cramped at all, and the towels were thick and fluffy.

The bedroom had one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in and the bed linen was crisp and good quality. They even provided both feather and foam pillows to choose from. The drapes did an effective job of blocking the light.

There were two large flat screen TVs, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. The living area also had a DVD player, which you can use to watch any of the DVDs from the free video library at reception. The only thing that wasn't perfect for us was the air conditioner - we were there in October but still needed the cooler in the afternoons and it did get quite noisy, but luckily we didn't need it on all night. I can imagine that this would be frustrating in the hotter months.

As well as the free DVD library, there's free wi-fi, free laundry facilities and gym. And the best part about Candlewood was the Candlewood Cupboard - an assortment of very reasonably priced ready meals, snacks and traveller essentials available for purchase on an honour based system. Perfect for those late arrivals when you are too tired to eat out.

The location is clearly the Candlewood's weakest aspect for anyone who doesn't have their own vehicle (it was a good 90 minute walk into Old Town), but there is a bus stop right on the corner that will take you into downtown every 20 minutes or so for $1 (or $2 for a day pass). There are a few dining options within easy walking distance (an Applebees almost across the road and a Little Anita's a few blocks away), and a 24 hour Walmart is about a 5 minute walk away for all your grocery needs.

To top things off, we found the staff at the front desk to be very friendly and helpful. This was great value for the price. If we are ever lucky enough to visit ABQ again, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Braunfels
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had a great stay at first then I extended my stay I called in to do so, the next day I was woken up by house keeping banging on my door. over & over mind yuo I extended my stay because I was ill. Then I start getting harassing phone calls from front desk. Mind you the money has already been taken out of my account. Stilll calling to go down to front desk, so I go down to front dek tell her Im staying 2 more day. The girl says fine I ask do I need to sign anything she says no. I go back to my room to be sick. Sick all night still in room again bang bang bang said what I dont need house keeping. She comes in anyway now naked freaking out just out of shower. Then 10 minutes later ring ring ring....rudly the woman says YOU NEED TO COME DOWN HERE NOW, I said I have already saying 2 more days cant i just pay you like the last times with out coming back down there I went last night ....NO YOU have to come now...Im sick I cant...No now. Canat you look on you tape & see I went down there last night?? No mam I dont know what you look like...so I go down there, mind you all night my key had been deactivated I think 3 times,and my internet, becase she didnt renew them. But she said no the key was deactivated because of your cell phone. Said oh I have been here a week and just now they are deactivated because you checked me out then basically she called me a liar.....ACTUALLY EVERYONE IS GREAT BUT DAY TIME OPERATIONS MANAGER....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gardnerville, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was my husband's and my first stay at a Candlewood, but not our last. Loved the way the room was designed, with a long countertop area to eat or work, flatscreen TV, comfortable bed, kitchenette. Very clean room, and great price. What a great introduction to the chain, and we'll be using them again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I spent 7 + 1 days at the Candlewood Suites in Albuquerque and had a great time. Price, Location, Comfort, cleanliness, it had it all. They had a "Candlewood cupboard" where you could buy necessities and food without having to find and drive to a grocery store. We definitely will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently visited Albuquerque on a business trip and we were able to get our entire weekend at candlewood suites for less than $150. The hotel is very clean and quiet we enjoyed our mini kitchen and the free movie rentals. We will definetly be staying at candlewood suites in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Recently rennovated property with a central location in Albuquerque makes this property a solid choice for an extended stay hotel. The amenities are basic, but I enjoy the Candlewood Cupboard, which provides food and beverage items on a pay-as-you-go honor system. Free coffee available all-day long is nice. Workout room with basic equipment for cardio and weights allows an average hotel fitness experience. Only complaint was trying to check-out on a Sunday, nobody was available at the front desk for about 35-40 minutes while the clerk was checking rooms for housekeeping. Perhaps a little short-staffed that day??

Overall, no hesitation recommending this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Albuquerque? Share your experiences!