“Smaller hotel, great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #57 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
San Clemente, California, United States
“Smaller hotel, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We always stay at this hotel for an overnight en route to Denver. We prefer a more intimate , non high-rise hotel. The hotel is an attractive adobe style low-rise. Rooms and public area are pleasant and welcoming. Beds are comfortable, service is very good and a restaurant off the lobby gives you the opportunity to eat right there after a long day on the road. It's in a great location just off I-25.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard by Albuquerque Journal Center. The reason I liked this hotel was that it had a "regular" restaurant where you were waited on with good food and service. I was disappointed in their remodel of their restaurant. Now you order at a bar and drink out of paper cups. No waitress, no "real" cup, no cloth napkin. I feel like the remodel was a downgrade.

Room Tip: Ask to be put on a floor without children!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I arrived at the Albuquerque Courtyard to see the finished and new Bistro and Lobby. The Bistro here has one of the largest dining rooms and would accommodate a large group having a conference or even a family reunion. All the friendly faces are still there and the General Manager sent an e-mail welcoming me back. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Los Alamos, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard in February of 2013 for one night because we came to town for a Wilson Phillips concert. We stayed here because my husband is a Marriott Frequent Stayer, and we get points. We also really like Marriott's.

We had a courtyard room, on the third floor. The room is a little older, and the decor is somewhat dated. The bed was comfortable, and had enough pillows -- marriott always gives you an extra. There were two problems -- the first was the window heating unit. It was very loud, and it was hard to sleep with it on, but i eventually remembered I had earplugs and stuck them in, then got to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning the heating unit was still on, so I got up and turned it off and tried to go back to sleep. My husband, however, was awake and asked me if that sound wasn't the toilet overflowing in the bathroom. It wasn't -- instead, there was sewage coming up out of the drain in the shower.

We called down to the front desk, and they sent up the maintenance man, who came in about 20 minutes, He was delayed because he was dealing with 'another incident'. He snaked the drain, and all cleared up, but he told us that this happens maybe once a month in this hotel because the plumbing is old. They try to add something to declog the pipes once a month. He said "I've seen it even darker than that."

We asked the front desk to send someone to clean the shower before we would use it, and they did so promptly. They reacted well to the situation, and we were satisfied. However, I will NOT recommend this hotel to others, and will not stay there again. We will stay at Marriott's in the future.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on the freeway. Make sure you ask for one on the courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I checked in on 2/15 with my points at the hotel and I had reservations for 3 nights. Two nights were with my points and the last night was with my husband's. The clerk was gracious and told me there would be no problem regarding the last night and she would make the transfer of the visa card for the last night. On the last day of our stay (today) I had to tell the clerk about our drain in our bathroom not draining. This was my second complaint regarding the issue. The first time it was not taken care of (on Saturday). Also on Saturday my room was never cleaned. I finally had to find housekeeping and just request towels. The clerk asked me if I was checking out. I told her that the clerk on Friday had said she would take care of the transfer of the room from my name to my husband's. She abruptly told me that couldn't be done and to please give the visa card again to insure all necessities that might be charged to the room. I once again gave her the very same card as well as asked that the drain be fixed. I also requested that our room be cleaned early as we would be back around 2 pm and would like to take a nap before going out in the evening. It is now 2:15 pm and we just arrived back. Guess what? Our room has not been touched. I called the same clerk and she nastily told me they will get to it when they get to it! I stay at a lot of Marriott properties but this has been the worst experience I have ever had. I always wear socks around the hotel floor and the very first night the white socks were black! It's a nasty property with nasty employees that don't care anything about their guests comforts!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My first stay at this hotel. It was challenging to get there, but I liked the location. It was within a few miles of several restaurants, a movie theater and other entertainment. The staff was very polite and helpful. The room had extra pillows and towels, was very clean and had a beautiful view of the courtyard. The wi-fi was free and worked great. The only negative that I noticed in the room was the tiny refrigerator. It was much smaller than those located at other hotels and wouldn't have been sufficient if I had traveled with my family. My only other suggestion concerning this hotel is to skip the breakfast. It cost an additional $10 was not worth it at all!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Clovis, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our 1st stay. Finding the hotel wasn't difficult but trying to get to it was a little difficult. Overall, the staff was very friendly, the rooms clean & comfortable. The breakfast was, IMO, a little pricey at $10+ for a buffett. They don't allow pets (we didn't take ours but often do) so had this been a leisure visit, we would've opted for another hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off I25 so ask for a room away from the freeway otherwise it can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Albuquerque? Share your experiences!