“Great location, dreary place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Union Pier, Michigan
“Great location, dreary place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The location of this motel is as convenient as you can get. The staff was wonderful--helpful, pleasant and whatever else makes a staff wonderful. Best motel breakfast ever.
I've stayed here a few times and have been in very pleasant rooms so maybe this time I was just unlucky. The room was large and clean but really dreary. Dark and shabby. Still--I don't travel to sit in a motel room and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Location couldn't be better. Great value
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Econo Lodge Old Town Albuquerque. The room was clean, the bed firm & level. The best part of our stay was the complimentary breakfast. The hot breakfast of egg, sausage, bacon and waffles was great, but the raisin bread toast was the ultimate breakfast treat. We found this lodge a great value for the price. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We took a weekend family trip to Albuquerque and selected the hotel based on the good reviews and because it was close to the Old Town and the aquarium, had an indoor pool, accepted our dog and included breakfast. We agree with the positive reviews and thought it was a great place to stay. You can tell the management is working hard to please the guests. Great hot breakfast and nice indoor pool. We had one of the pet rooms which was fine. This is not a fancy new hotel, but for the price it was an excellent stay for us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thonotosassa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We are CDL drivers, our truck was in the shop. We picked Econo Lodge Old Town because of the value and they have an indoor pool, hot tub & accept dogs. The breakfasts were great everyday, with many options to choose from. The staff is very pleasant and the driver was very curtious and knew the best places to go for our needs. There are many things to do in Old Town and places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
El Cerrito, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is an inexpensive motel. Yes, the sofabed was a little worn, and there was nothing fancy here (shampoo and conditioner only, no hand cream, for instance), but it did include a hot breakfast (same every day) and the best pastries outside of our gourmet area -- apparently made by a French pasty chef. The management is Romanian and very accommodating, and the motel is a block from Old Town. We were on the first floor toward the back, away from the street, and it was generally quiet. Also, the window opened!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Booked a family mini vacation to Albuquerque and happened upon Econo Lodge Old Town while hotel searching online. It was listed as one with the closest distance to the zoo, aquarium, and botanic gardens, the purpose for our trip. After seeing it had 4.8 out of 5 stars and 45 glowing reviews I decided to take a chance on it. I was using my hotel points, so really I had nothing much to lose. Well, I'm so very glad I did! The hotel staff was nice and friendly. The room we were offered just had wood floors installed to replace the carpet. That totally surprised us. I definitely didn't expect to receive a room with brand new wood floors in one of the older hotels. After dinner we came back and took our kiddos to the pool. It was a nice sized, indoor heated pool, complete with hot tub as well. Perfect for both the kids and the adults. The next morning we decided to check out the "hot breakfast" that they offered. Hello!! There was a waffle station, biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, coffee, and pastries!! We weren't even hungry for lunch until later in the afternoon! When we checked out the gentleman behind the desk apologized that because I was using my hotel points that he had no receipt to offer me. He asked if I would like to take home fresh fruit from the fruit basket, and said he had more bananas and such in the back if I'd like. I just can't say enough how friendly and attentive the staff was at this hotel. I've never felt genuinely appreciated for my hotel stay before. Albuquerque is only 4 short hours from our house, and I can promise anytime we come back from day trips we WILL be staying at this Econo Lodge in Old Town!!!!!

Room Tip: They are switching over to wood floors from carpet. If offered a wood floor, take it! The floors a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Eagle Nest, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is the first time staying at this hotel. It is a very nice place to stay. It is a must if you want to visit old town. Leave your car at the motel and walk to old town. Parking in old town is very limited. The staff and breakfast is a plus for this econo lodge. I really appreciated the heavy weight plastic ware to use at breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Old Town? Share your experiences!