“Return To Old Town Econo Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Return To Old Town Econo Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Well I did it, I returned to Econ Lodge on Central this year. Every March I take a vacation to Albuquerque Old town and ride to Santa Fe on New Mexico railrunner for Bead Fest for the day.
I stay at Econ Lodge because it is near everything I need. It is 2 blocks from Old town, restaurants, shopping and about 3 miles from downtown. Good trip for a senior.

When I returned I was more so surprised. Last year it had changed hands and the New owners, John and Alice were ever so helpful and friendly. Tell them I sent you. lol. It had been cleaned up ( which I knew my room would be spotless) and repairs were coming along. This year, I came to find the breakfast area had been remodeled and John was a good chef.
They are ever so helpful with transportation, and very suggestive on where to get items if you need them. There is a Walgreens right there also.
John also rents bikes to help get around quite reasonable. They are not far from the Rio Grande River Park which has trails.
I chose to also visit the Natural History Museum which is a must if you have children. It is in walking distance.
I can't believe how they have taken the stress out of my yearly adventure, Thank You Econ Lodge and John and Alice.

Room Tip: I stay in 105 or 106
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The senior rate was a very reasonable price. The room was clean and the breakfast was better than most at this price. My only complaint was that the walls in-between rooms were thin, so you heard every noise from rooms on both sides of your room. It was walking distance to Old Town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

There are surprisingly few hotel options near Albuquerque's Old Town. They basically fall into two categories: Expensive or sketchy. Fortunately Econo Lodge is there to save the day (or the night, as it were). We stay here every time we visit Albuquerque. It's a simple, reasonably priced place that is clean and well-maintained. The owners are terrific people - very friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. And the free breakfast is great, with a much better selection than you'll typically find at similar hotels. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

It was a wonderful respite from the usual hotel service. The owner was very helpful in every aspect. She upgraded our room when we needed a first floor room. There was no extra charge and she thought of the upgrade. The restaurant recommendation was the best we had on our trip. It was such a great stay that we wanted to stay longer, but couldn't. Breakfast good and did I mention that our room was clean?

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Morrison, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The new owners are outstanding. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast and front desk staff were great. We met family from Phoenix and we came from Denver it was a half way point for both of us. They recommended great Happy Hour restaurants and even offered to drop us off and pick us up. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed three nights while enjoying the beautiful area. I had booked the king bed suite which was $5 more than the king bed room. I am so glad I did so much more room by having a couch and coffee table in there as well as a lounge chair right next to it. It just gave a bigger area when you walked in rather than walking into a room with the bed right there. The one thing I enjoyed was there was plenty of lighting and bright lights as well. Some places you can barely see in the room - not here it was great. There was also a small fridge and microwave. The room smelled great - it was clean - the bathroom was bright and clean. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The couple running the motel were so nice - so helpful and friendly. We had a problem with our laptop and he came right over to the room to see if he could help - his wi fi was fine it was our computer that had the problem. I know they had a hot breakfast waffles - eggs - sausage - potatoes and I believe cold items as well. I didn't eat the breakfast so I can't comment on the food. Coffee is what I have and that was good. We enjoyed our stay and most definitely would stay there again when we come back to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite it was only $5 more - you get so much more room and besides both rooms were p...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My family needed a place to stay fast for a last minute family trip. We only stayed 2 days here on the way to a different location but this was a better stay than some of the other places we stayed on our trip. The rooms were very inexpensive so I wasn't expecting the rooms to be so nice. I was so wrong. The rooms were spotless and smelled great. Fresh clean smell not a fake cover up. We also got help from the front desk taking our luggage up stairs. We even saw some hot air balloons from our window early in the morning. Indoor pool (small) and hot breakfast was the cherry on the cake. Plus the location was next to major attractions. One block from old town and down the street from the biological park and walgreens steps away (our daughter got a little sick) Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Old Town? Share your experiences!