“Better than we expected!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
St. Louis, MO
“Better than we expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We picked Econo Old Town based on the excellent rate and the fact that it was near Old Town. We had a short walk to Old Town and discovered that a filling station was right next door and Baskin Robbins a few doors down. We did not expect to meet such nice friendly owners and a wonderful breakfast the next morning. Stay here. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This husband and wife managed motel is an incredible find. Wonderful hosts who make you feel like part of the family, great hot breakfasts, with many quality choices of foods, very comfortable beds, wifi, and great service...Toping it off, a block's walk from Old Town Albuquerque. 2 nights here, and my bones are ready to meet any challenge on the road!!!

Room Tip: All good, but upstairs may be a bit quieter from the street
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hawarden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I were visiting the U.S.from the U.K. on a mini road trip taking in Arizona and New Mexico as Albuquerque was our last stop east -so to speak-we were looking for somewhere to stay near the old town and after looking at various places and reviews decided on this Econo Lodge for two nights in October.,I am glad we did.There is not much more to add as previous reviews have said it all - Great, friendly, helpful people run it - good and plentiful breakfast - large clean rooms - overall a smashing place to stay and if we ever get the chance to visit this area again we will have no hesitation in booking into the Econo Lodge Old Town - providing they are not fully booked after all these positive reviews.Keep up the good work.

Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

At the end of a long day of traveling, I was welcomed by a delightful couple--friendly, warm and wonderfully accommodating--who own and manage this motel. They made my stay like being at home. And the homemade breakfast was also a treat. The location is good too.
Be sure to book your stay at Econo Lodge Old Town. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

First, I thought I made a 2 day reservation at this hotel, near old town, but discovered I accidentally made it at the wrong Econo Lodge. When I called to cancel, they refused. Old Town Econo Lodge is under new management and Johnny and his wife are wonderful. Johnny gave me the number to call Choice Hotels to get my other reservation cancelled. Johnny could sense that I was upset, plus in a hurry to catch a city tour bus. He graciously upgraded us to a suite, which honestly is only a larger room with a sitting area, so we could get checked in and be on our way.

The room was immaculately clean, the bed was super comfortable and the pillows were awesome. The daily breakfast was great and I couldn't think of anything that I would want that was missing.

Sadly, my husband and I had a serious car accident while in ABQ which totalled our car, but luckily neither my husband or I were hurt. Johnny graciously allowed us to leave our totalled car in his lot while we travelled on to Santa Fe in a rental car. His wife even offered to drive us where ever we needed to go.

This hotel is within walking distance of old town, very reasonably priced, nice accomodations (within indoor heated pool and spa) and wonderful owners who go out of their way to meet your needs. You can't go wrong here.

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This motel is 2 blocks from Old Town, which was great for shopping and meals. Also on Central, with a bus straight through downtown and up to Nob Hill. The people were friendly and helpful, and breakfast was lovely in the morning. Good price, too! Couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Flagstaff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Spent two nights visiting Albuquerque . Needed pet friendly hotel and this fit the bill!
Clean room with sofa and large upholstered chair plus desk and chair fridge and microwave. Very convenient to Old Town, walking distance, and museums. Breakfast was varied and good. Service was outstanding including restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Old Town? Share your experiences!