“Excellent place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Hawarden, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I were visiting the U.S.from the U.K. on a mini road trip taking in Arizona and New Mexico as Albuquerque was our last stop east -so to speak-we were looking for somewhere to stay near the old town and after looking at various places and reviews decided on this Econo Lodge for two nights in October.,I am glad we did.There is not much more to add as previous reviews have said it all - Great, friendly, helpful people run it - good and plentiful breakfast - large clean rooms - overall a smashing place to stay and if we ever get the chance to visit this area again we will have no hesitation in booking into the Econo Lodge Old Town - providing they are not fully booked after all these positive reviews.Keep up the good work.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

At the end of a long day of traveling, I was welcomed by a delightful couple--friendly, warm and wonderfully accommodating--who own and manage this motel. They made my stay like being at home. And the homemade breakfast was also a treat. The location is good too.
Be sure to book your stay at Econo Lodge Old Town. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

First, I thought I made a 2 day reservation at this hotel, near old town, but discovered I accidentally made it at the wrong Econo Lodge. When I called to cancel, they refused. Old Town Econo Lodge is under new management and Johnny and his wife are wonderful. Johnny gave me the number to call Choice Hotels to get my other reservation cancelled. Johnny could sense that I was upset, plus in a hurry to catch a city tour bus. He graciously upgraded us to a suite, which honestly is only a larger room with a sitting area, so we could get checked in and be on our way.

The room was immaculately clean, the bed was super comfortable and the pillows were awesome. The daily breakfast was great and I couldn't think of anything that I would want that was missing.

Sadly, my husband and I had a serious car accident while in ABQ which totalled our car, but luckily neither my husband or I were hurt. Johnny graciously allowed us to leave our totalled car in his lot while we travelled on to Santa Fe in a rental car. His wife even offered to drive us where ever we needed to go.

This hotel is within walking distance of old town, very reasonably priced, nice accomodations (within indoor heated pool and spa) and wonderful owners who go out of their way to meet your needs. You can't go wrong here.

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This motel is 2 blocks from Old Town, which was great for shopping and meals. Also on Central, with a bus straight through downtown and up to Nob Hill. The people were friendly and helpful, and breakfast was lovely in the morning. Good price, too! Couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Flagstaff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Spent two nights visiting Albuquerque . Needed pet friendly hotel and this fit the bill!
Clean room with sofa and large upholstered chair plus desk and chair fridge and microwave. Very convenient to Old Town, walking distance, and museums. Breakfast was varied and good. Service was outstanding including restaurant recommendations.

Walnut, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We are from Iowa and were on a road trip to California, so I used tripadvisor to find motels along the way. After seeing all the good reviews about this place we decided to stay here and were happy with our choice. The owners are very helpful and friendly. They had a large variety of food choices for their breakfast, even had fresh strawberries! We did have a bit of trouble finding it. I liked being able to park right in front of the room that has an outside entrance, makes bringing luggage in and out easier too. There were some things that needed updating in the room, but they are working on remodeling more as they get the time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here while attending a conference at the Hotel Albuquerque (10 minute walk from Econolodge Old Town). Requested a clean and quiet non-smoking room and that is what I got. Very pleased with room amenities, microwave, fridge, alarm clock (which showed the correct time). Hosts were very helpful and offered information to make my stay in Albuquerque an enjoyable one. Location is an excellent base for exploring Albuquerque Old Town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Old Town? Share your experiences!