“Great Bargain - Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Albuquerque Downtown

You added Baymont Inn and Suites Albuquerque Downtown to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Albuquerque Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   411 McKnight Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #58 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Normal, Illinois
“Great Bargain - Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2006

What we liked about our stay: Fantastic breakfast(!), comfortable and clean rooms, best shower ever (seriously), easy to find/convenient location, free high speed internet access in the room and nice computer and printer with high speed internet in the lobby. What we didn't like: nothing, really. The neighborhood seemed suspicious, but we didn't have any problems with it.

This was a fantastic experience for us, especially given the price (it was twenty dollars less than the advertised price on their sign - we booked online). We would definitely stay there on a return trip to Albuquerque.

• Liked — The value
  • Disliked — The neighborhood
  • Tips/Secrets — If you bring your laptop, bring an ethernet cord, as the high speed internet is *not* wireless.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Farmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

We booked a non-smoking suite with 2 Double beds, 1 King bed, 2 bathrooms and a living room, got a smoking room with only 2 Double beds, no living room. We went back to the front desk and they gave us an extra room with a king bed (they did not even have the type of room they sold us). This room had an overwhelming urine odor. Went and told the front desk, they pretty much told us too bad. We had to sleep with the windows open (it was like 40 degress out at night) and the heater blasting just to be able to tolerate the smell. The last straw was when my 2 year old was playing on the floor and found a CONDOM. The manager was a jerk and only took $10 off of my bill. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were several other people at the front desk, also with complaints while I was there, so I know I am not the only one who got screwed.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Dont stay here!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
AlbQuality, Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2008
My apologies, we took over ownership on Sept. 1st 2006. We are cleaning the place up and striving to offer the most comfortable stay. We would be honered to be given another opportunity to give you the pleasant stay that you deserve.
Hayfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

We stayed at this Quality Inn & Suites for 5 nights and were very impressed. It had a great bed, TV, and shower in our room and the hotel has a free shuttle service, computer in the lobby we could use to check and send emails and a great free breakfast each morning which even included two waffle makers. The main thing we liked was they were always there to help you out with whatever you needed. Thanks you for making our vacation to ALbuquerque so great.

• Liked — how great the staff was and all the extras the hotel had to offer
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2006

Stayed Dec 30, 2005. I had pre-paid through Orbitz. The night shift manager demanded a copy of my credit card for "incidentals" and when I politely declined stating that I had pre-paid this manager angrily informed me he would let me have the rooms but he was turning off all extra services which included a wake-up call. As I went back into the parking area to unload the car, a homeless man approached my family and demanded we give him money. After firmly demanding this person leave us alone, I went back inside to ask the manager for help and he advised me "I don't have your credit card information and you are not entitled to any incidentals". This hotel is hard to find off I-40, it is in a "seedy" neighborhood, and you can read the attitude of the night shift manager. Stay at your own risk!

Stayed December 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2005

The room smelled terrible when we checked in and there was long black hair all over the bathroom floor. The desk clerks were very unfriendly. What a wasted night on our vacation. We'll never stay at a Quality Inn again.

Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

Stayed here last night specifically for the internet as I needed to do a bit of work. Could pick up the wifi but the router had problems. Asked three times to have it fixed, but was given a bit of a shrug each time. Since they have a card in every room saying your money back if you are not 100% satisfied, I though to myself "at least I'll get a free room" as I'm not 100% satisfied. Come the morning and there's a 14 year old working the lobby desk, and of course he can't help with a refund or anything else. We were told to fill out a comments card. The 100% guarantee is a scam, and the internet doesn't work! There was also a pretty nasty dirty towel in our room that in itself would have been enough for us not to be "100% satisfied", but after the internet shenanigans we really couldn't be bothered.

• Stayed July 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

My main compaint is that the hotel has a sign posted "100% satisfacton guranteed", and that is completely false.

-The complimentary breakfast is offered from 6am-10am. The foods should be fresh, not brown and moldy, and should be replenished until 10am.

-The business office is for paying guests, not for the employees children or relatives.

-Employees bring their children or underage relatives to work to help them clean rooms and eat the complimentary breakfast intended for paying guests.

-Place of employment is not a daycare. Employees need to leave their children or underage relatives at home.

-Ridng the hotel elevator should not make you want to puke. The stench from the elevator was horrible and nasty!!

-If the hotel advertises "High-speed internet", access to the internet should be high speed.

-Front desk staff should be courteous and professional, not sleeping or reading the newspaper.

-The manager on duty should be available, even on weekends, if there is a problem or concern.

-Problems or concerns should be addressed immediately by any manager available. The guest should not be given the "run around".

-When expressing problems incurred at the hotel, the general manager should be understanding and apologetic and not hang up on dissatisfied guest.

I will NEVER return to this hotel. I had the worst experience ever!!!! Be advised and do not waste your time or your money at that place. I made the mistake of doing so, and I regret it.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Albuquerque Downtown? Share your experiences!