“Overall clean rooms, easy access from highway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)

You added Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 Hotel Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #74 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Omaha
“Overall clean rooms, easy access from highway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed several nights here for a horse show. All rooms open to the outside like a motel with an inner courtyard. Hotel (motel!) is easy to get to, as it is right off of the expressway (I-40 & Eubank). Rooms are quiet and clean. There is an indoor pool with hot tub and guest laundry facilities if needed. Rooms were clean overall--had to switch rooms after a few days when there was a leak in the ceiling from heavy rains. This was a little concerning, especially since our room was on the ground floor (water followed the ceiling beams and soaked our bed). Staff switched our room immediately but didn't think to offer to bring a luggage cart to help us. Breakfast was fine and appropriate for a Holiday Inn Express. Many smokers here despite all rooms being nonsmoking (they were all smoking outside). We didn't notice any smell in our rooms, and overall this didn't bother us, but if someone is very much bothered by smoke, I would advise to choose a different place to stay. Indoor pool was not the cleanest (water was a little cloudy), but hot tub was fine. While there are many stairwells, there is only one elevator to access the 2nd floor. Depending upon where your room is located this could mean a lot of walking--could be difficult based upon one's physical condition. I think this place is ok--I've stayed at other Holiday Inn Expresses that I thought were a little better. I'd be fine staying here again, but I probably will go back to the Hilton Garden Inn (off of I-40 & Louisiana). Price was a little more there, especially since We stay for 13 days, but the neighborhood was a little better and service was a little better too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear ay T,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Denham Springs, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The lobby floor was not real clean, so that was my first clue that I might not be happy here. The grounds also appear shabby. My husband thought the room smelled like smoke even though we had requested a non-smoking room. I thought the bathroom smelled of urine, but everything appeared to be very clean except for what appeared to be a dead insect in the bathroom vanity light cover. This is a very old motel not a hotel (the rooms open directly to the outside). The bedding appeared to be very clean, but the sheets were very thin. I was very disappointed and would not stay here again. They definitely need to update this place.

Room Tip: Pay more to stay somewhere nicer.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear teachertravels206,

Ben J
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had to stop at this hotel on our way to Texas. The room rent was around $100. We have requested for a non-smoking room. However noticed that one room has smoking smell. As we checked-in very late we didn't bother to talk to the front desk. There was stinking smell coming on our way to the 2nd floor.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast is ok. Not great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear sbendapudi,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the breakfast selections we offer. We would like to apologize for the unusual smell you noticed and for any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Woodville, Texas, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The room was very small. You couldn't sit a the desk and have someone walk behind you. The bathroom was a 5by4 room with a bathtub and toilet. You couldn't shut the door unless you step into the tub. There was an air conditioner under the window that was next to the bed. The room for the breakfast was small no room to move very unpleasant . The room was clean but very small. The price was about double the prices around this area.

Room Tip: Room on the east side away from the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Robert T,

Connie D
Versailles, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family and I went to visit my parent in California, on our way to California we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Albuquerque NM June 2014. We had such a great experience at the holiday Inn, that we decided to stay there again two weeks ago from June 2014/July 2014. One of the reason we stayed there again was due to the great hospitality and professionalism of your staff. The rooms, breakfast bar, swimming pool and the hotel in general was extremely clean. The manager ( I don't remember her name) was extremely professional and helpful. My family and I want to thank you for the great experience and the hospitality. Thank you again, from the Chaney Family.

Room Tip: No changes
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Norman, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here 1 night on our way back from Las Vegas. I read the other reviews after we booked the room. This is not a typical Holiday Inn Express. It must have been built as a motel, and then converted. The rooms are fine, but the layout is more like the old Holiday Inn from the 1970's. The bathtub and toilet are in a very small room, and the sink is outside in the bedroom. The room seemed clean and did have a microwave and refrigerator. Staff were friendly at check-in and check-out. The wifi was great. The breakfast was a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. There are restaurants and a Target within walking distance. It was easy to find off I-40.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were carrying our dog on this trip so we were looking for pet friendly Hotels. This Hotel had a nice pet walking area. The Hotel was clean with nice beds and pillows. It served a nice hot breakfast. It had a nice refrigerator and microwave. The location was close to I-40, that made it nice to get back on and continue our travel to Fort Smith, Arkansas. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling with their pet. You enter your room from the outside which made it nice for our dog walks.

Room Tip: With pets the bottom floor is best. Choose room near pet walking area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)? Share your experiences!