“Not a Holiday Inn Express” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)

You added Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 Hotel Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #69 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Ashland, Oregon
“Not a Holiday Inn Express”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel is not up to the usual holiday inn express standards. It's like a motel 6. The lobby is nice but the rooms are very out of date and poorly kept. Dingy and small.
I would never stay here again. The prices, by the way, match the lobby--not the rooms. If you are okay with an econo-lodge style room save your money and stay there!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Clean, comfortable and good location (next to the Owl Cafe). Reliable Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

On the morning of departure, our room was swarming with miniature ants. When pointed out to the maid, "oh, you must have had food in your room." So apparently they think it's our fault because we had dog food. Oh, and by the way, they charge $25 for a pet fee, which was never described in the reservation system.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

A bit older property than other Holiday Inns but we got a good nights sleep with no noise issues and good coffee at breakfast.

Better than some holiday inns we have stayed at... not as good as others.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I have stayed here on MULTIPLE occasions with my pet. First, be advised that there IS a $25 fee per pet. Secondly, there is no grass at all, only rocks. Thirdly, and MOST concerning, is an apparently "new" rule that you may NOT leave your pet unattended in the room (even in their Pet Taxi) for ANY period of time or risk a $250.00 penalty. If you are just passing through, be advised that you cannot go out to dinner unless you take your pet and leave him/her in the car while you eat. If you are planning to stay for breakfast, also be advised that you cannot go unless you put your pet in the car. If you are planning a lengthier stay, please note that you cannot go sight-seeing, or for meals, without taking your pet with you. During the summer months, it gets VERY hot here. As any pet lover knows, it is NOT safe or acceptable to leave your pet in a hot car for ANY length of time. In my book, this hotel does not qualify as "pet friendly" anymore...I love traveling with my pet, and she is used to traveling, and behaves very well. In the past, whenever I HAVE left the room it has only been to go for a meal, and I always put my pet in her pet taxi. I think an across the board penalty for leaving your pet in the room, where it is safest during hot weather, is NOT "friendly" for pets OR their owners.

• Stayed May 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

This was not the Holiday Inn Express experience I have grown to enjoy. This is an old 2 story Holiday Inn refurbished with Holiday Inn Express furniture. I never felt safe in these rooms with outside doors. There was no Priority Club greeting. There was no elevator. The outside steps were coming apart and were definitely a safety hazard as we carried our bags to the 2nd floor. The shower was very small with no safety rails at all. Slip in the shower and you could easily end up in the hospital. I learned my lesson here. In the future I'll do a better job of checking out the hotel before I make my reservation.

• Stayed March 2011
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

It's bad enough the room was worn and had a bad smell. The hotel claimed we smoked in the room. We don't smoke. They charged a extra $100 on my card without any notification. When I called for a correction they told me I did not stay there but later said the maid found something in our room. I'm a retired Police Sgt. and this area did not feel safe to me. I was right but did not expect to get ripped off by the hotel itself. Pass this one by.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)? Share your experiences!