“GREAT HOTEL AND INCREDIBLE STAFF!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cliff's Amusement Package
Ranked #45 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Oklahoma City, OK
“GREAT HOTEL AND INCREDIBLE STAFF!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

This hotel is the nicest I have stayed at in Aalbuquerque! The location is great downtown and is close to anywhere you need to be. Check-In was fast and eay (and you get a delicious Doubletree classic cookie!) The rooms are very nice and the beds are comfy. You are greeted when you enter by a very friendly staff person as well. I don't understand the negative reviews. I booked this hotel on priceline.com as well and was treated very well. Aalso, parking in any downtown is going to cost you. The $10 parking is very reasonable considering most Dallas overnight parking is closer to $25. This hotel can not be beat if you need to stay downtown.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
On behalf of the Doubletree Team we would like to "Thank you" for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward in accommodating you in the near future!

Mrs. Loretta Chavez

574 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

traveled to this hotel with my co workers for a conference... it was very nice and close to where we needed to be

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
tree06, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
Thank you for your positive review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree. We hope to see you in the near future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

We planned a budget trip to Albuquerque with my teenage son. There were a lot of places we were planning to visit. Thus, the hotel was not as important, as long as the location was good and we could have a good night sleep. I put a relatively low bid ($55) through Priceline and instantly won this hotel. After that I read some reviews and honestly was prepared for something much worse than what it turned out to be.

It is not a new hotel. But, it is updated and clean. I actually liked the simplicity and modernism of the decor. Our room was large and had two comfortable queen size beds in it. It had most of the things you can expect to find in a 3 star hotel. But, a couple of important things were missing. One was a little fridge, which I really wanted to have, because I like having a fridge when traveling with family. The second was a safe box, which could be inconvenient to leave valuables in the room. On the positive side, I liked the convenience of free wifi internet. That was nice. And, overall I didn't find anything about the hotel I really didn't like. The location was in downtown. So, it would probably appeal more to the business travelers. Albuquerque downtown is pretty much your average American downtown - boring.

Overall, the hotel was not that bad. I have stayed at different hotels all over the world, and I can tell you - there are much worse places for a whole lot more money out there. But, it was a "budget" trip. And, I think the price I paid was fair. BTW, I listened to some of the reviewers and didn't park at the hotel parking lot, which they do charge $10/night for. I conveniently parked by one of the entrances from the street at a parking meter (which is free from 6 pm to 8 am). That was perfect, because we were gone all day anyway.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Doubletree. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and that you found our Sweet Dream beds to be so comfortable. During your next visit just wanted to let you know we offer safe boxes which are located at the front desk.
Hope to see you soon!
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

I arrived at the Doubletree as part of a conference. The location of the hotel to the convention center cannot be beat, as there is an underground passage connecting the hotel to the convention center. There is an airport shuttle service (one the hotel doesn't seem to want to advertise. Thank you to the woman at the information desk in the airport for saving me cab fare, although I did have to wait about 15 minutes for the shuttle van.)

Check in seemed a bit rushed. The check in desks are off to the side of the lobby, almost hidden by the elevators. If the line to check in gets more than two people deep, you actually end up blocking the elevator doors. I was quickly checked in, but was not given the hot cookie that is the hotel's signature. No explanation, just a "Next". So, sad that I wasn't welcomed with one of my favorite reasons to stay at a Doubletree, I went up to my room.

The hotel is laid out in a square shape, meaning that all rooms are subjected to at least two hallways' worth of noise. The layout also means that rooms are not the same. My corner room had the bed area immediately as you enter the room, with the bathroom tucked around behind. I didn't realize how loud it would be due to the location of the bed literally right next to the door.

The furnishings appear rather new and the bed, though saggy on the ends, was comfortable enough. The television is a vintage 25-inch Zenith, so it must have been the only item in the room that was leftover from the previous refurbishment. My Hilton requests were not in the room (second time that the service has not delivered) and had to ring housekeeping to bring up hypoallergenic pillows. The maid must have missed a few things before I checked in. There was garbage in the can from the previous guest.

My main issue with this hotel is the sub-par noiseproofing. Any guest on the floor slamming his or her door will be heard by pretty much everyone on the floor. I heard the person in the next room using the bathroom (right behind my head while I was in bed) and suffice to say, if someone has their TV on loudly, you will more than likely be able to pick out which channel they are watching. The other odd thing is that the air/heating unit is loud, jet engine taking off loud. I could hear my neighbor's heat kicking on with regular frequency. The units are wall-mounted, which also allows the noise from the street (as well as exhaust from the city buses) to come directly into your room.

Internet access was quick and free, but you needed to have an access code. I didn't have any complaints about the internet or the television channel selection. There is also a few computers downstairs in the lobby where you can browse the internet and print boarding passes.

There is a restaurant in the basement of the hotel and a small bar on the lobby level. I cannot vouch for these as I did not try either during my stay. However, if it is your first time to downtown ABQ, be prepared that not many restaurants and/or shops in the area are open past 6 p.m. We got rushed out of a diner at 8:00 p.m. so you may end up having to eat in the restaurant at some point if business goes too late into the evening. There is also the exorbitant room service available as well.

The staff was hit or miss. Some, such as the young lady who handled my check out, was delightful. Others were surly and cold. It was obvious that even though the hotel was the host hotel for a convention, the staffing was sub-par. There was one woman working the check in desk the second day of the convention, when there were the majority of the exhibitors checking in. Not very good staffing policies. Supposedly, the shuttle was available to take guests within a radius around the hotel (and friends had used it the night before to get to dinner) but when we asked, we were told no. Just a strange experience. I was supposed to stay four nights, but decided to change my ticket so I could go home early, which is not usual for me. But I was so tired and needing to finally get a good night's sleep that I had to leave. I would not stay here again unless I needed to be close to the convention center and the other surrounding hotels were full.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Got this hotel on priceline and was so ticked off when I read reviews. Yes, there is a rip off charge of $10 to park. Joke was on us, since gate was open next morning and we could of just drove off. In the morning went down to the coffee bar and it was closed. Asked at the front desk, and the clerk said he did not know anything. So, if you are going to Albuquerque, DO NOT bid on Priceline and stay away from this Hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I am pretty well-traveled, and have stayed in many properties around the world. I was seriously concerned over staying at this property after reading the reviews here. As it turns out, I worried for no reason. The worst things I can say after staying here is that it could use some updating, decor-wise, and that the location was dull. It was; however, connected to the convention center via hallways, which added to the convenience for the conference I was attending. Overall, my stay was excellent. Extremely prompt service, good restaurant, and clean and comfortable rooms with excellent bedding. The free shuttle took us to and from the airport, and offered to provide free transport to restaurants and museums. I expected the worst, and came up happy.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Santa Fe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

service was aweful, they offer a "Fall Givaway" that bogus & un redeemable at you checkout. i'll never stay here again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!