“Terrible Customer Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Utah
“Terrible Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel itself was just fine. Clean, fine location, comfortable beds. I probably would've rated this hotel higher except the service was pretty appalling. Not only did I have a strangely hostile conversation with the front desk when I requested they re-send my reservation confirmation e-mail because I had never received it, but the man working the desk when we checked out was also quite rude.

Some extra details on the phone conversation -- I was transferred mid-sentence THREE TIMES. It was as if the person I was speaking with could not wait to get rid of me. I kept getting transferred to random voicemails of other employees and had to hang up and call back. I was in the middle of suggesting that maybe they had mis-typed my e-mail address (which ended up being the case) when I was transferred to someone's voicemail in accounting. It was so incredibly weird and rude. If it hadn't been days before the balloon fiesta, when another room would have been hard to find, I would've canceled and booked somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Samiam887,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that you did not receive the excellence in service that you've come to expect from us. This is definitely not up to our standards and we're sorry for any inconveniences you experienced as a result. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention, and I assure you I have addressed your comments with our staff so we can consistently provide exceptional service to all guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and found our accommodations clean and comfortable during your visit. We value you as our guest and do hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future so we can provide a more positive experience. Thank you again for writing.

Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I travel a lot for work and this is the worst hotel I've stayed at. Specifically I am referring to the staff. They overcharged both my credit card and my roommates credit card multiple times. Even while we were staying there they assured us that these were only "holds" on the credit card and it would be correct at the end. I can understand making a mistake maybe once or twice, but 4 times?! To make it worse, they wouldn't reverse the charge when I called because it was a weekend and I have to call back on Monday. This is an unnecessary hassle that should be taken care of immediately not just during business hours. Regarding the stay, the only positive was that it was convenient to the convention center. The rooms smelled musty and the restaurant was mediocre at best. I would recommend staying somewhere else.

Tina K,
Thank you for writing. I'm very sorry for the experience you had while staying with us, as well as any inconveniences that resulted. Your feedback is important to us and we apologize that you were unhappy with the way the situation was handled. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance. We value your business and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I love staying at the Doubletree in Albuquerque! The staff is very kind and attentive. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and of course, Albuquerque is just an awesome city. The restaurant food is good too. I have to say, I think the kindness of the staff and feel of the hotel make it an ideal place to stay in ABQ. The environment is pretty lively which is something I personally appreciate. You'll have a pretty good view of ABQ from the just about any room in the hotel. During the annual balloon fiesta in October, you can even see the hot air balloons in the distance. The hotel location is convenient - it is close to the highways and generally not too far away from any other point in Albuquerque. Most places I drove to were hardly 10 minutes away. I highly recommend staying at this property!

Mon131,
Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your visit to Doubletree Albuquerque. We appreciate your compliments regarding our great location and comfortable accommodations, but most importantly our wonderful staff. We have a great team of dedicated associates that make sincere hospitality their top priority. We're happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing a review and sharing your recommendations of our great hotel.

Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The beds here are horrible. Seems as though they are from the 1960's! Restaurant and lounge staff friendly but not trained. Bad wine list and the lounge area is really poorly decortaed. the tables and chairs seemed like they came out of one of the banquet rooms. Hotels needs to be updated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Jill A,
Thank you for writing. It's unfortunate to hear about your unhappiness with our beds, and I apologize for any discomfort you experienced during your stay. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority so we appreciate hearing from you. Please know your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property and overall guest experience. We hope to have an opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great Location, connected to the convention center. Saved my travel budget by providing free shuttle transportation to and from the airport. There really isn't much around there in terms of restaurants would be the only downfall. Luckily one of my colleagues rented a car, but I supposed the shuttle could have taken you to and from a restaurant. Room was clean, service was good as well. I cannot comment on the restaurants within the facility, I packed breakfast and ate in my room, and had lunch at the conference, dinner out in town.

Buckeye05,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Doubletree Albuquerque. I'm pleased to hear that our complimentary shuttle service and close proximity to the convention center was convenient for your travels. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while attending your conference, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree. Extremely nice staff and very helpful with all my questions and requests. Nice gym - though I wish the lighting could be brighter. Restaurant and coffee bar was good. Room comfortable. A/c was a little loud but no big deal. Enjoyed staying here when I was in town for a convention. There is a walkway to the conv center so you don't even need to go outside. Nice hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
love_HNL,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your Doubletree Albuquerque experience. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our convenient location perfectly suited for your conference travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to return for another visit in the near future. Thank you once again for writing.

Albuquerque, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

You can hear people talking down the hall through their room doors at 1:30 a.m. People walk in circles in the hallway and talk loudly on their cell-phone. The indoor hallway is conducive to noise from guests slamming doors at all hours of the night. Inconsiderate people and cheap construction equals no sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jamison R,
Thank you for writing and sharing feedback from your stay. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered during your stay, as well as any inconveniences you experienced as a result. I have shared your review with our security team and staff in order to heighten our awareness of such issues and provide a more positive stay. We value you as our guest and do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!