“All employees gave good service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cliff's Amusement Package
Ranked #46 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
eldon mo
“All employees gave good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The van driver that picked us up from the airport did an excellent job telling us about the city. Monique in the restaurant waited on us twice and gave excellent suggestions. The employees at the front desk were always ready and never had to wait, and handed us warm cookies. will be back

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Lynda B,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at the Doubletree Albuquerque. It’s great to receive your complimentary feedback on our staff and their excellence in hospitality. We have a wonderful team of associates that are dedicated to providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I’ll be sure to recognize Monique with a special commendation for her outstanding service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

629 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have, when available, stayed exclusively at Hilton properties now for 20+ years no matter where in the world I am for business.

When I called from the airport, the driver was there promptly to pick me up (within 15 mins.) and was very helpful. I asked about where to eat for dinner within walking distance and he gave me multiple choices including the hotel. When I checked in the lady at the reception desk told me I had been upgraded to a suite on the 15th floor. The room was what I come to expect from Hilton and Double Tree, clean, comfortable, functional. The one minor annoyance with the room was that the wall mounted fire alarm was chirping because it needed a new battery. I called to have maintenance come up and fix this and it was done before I could get back upstairs from getting a sandwich to go!

I decided on the hotel restaurant as I had been traveling all day and didn't want to walk 4 blocks. I asked the hostess if I could just get something to go and she handed me a menu. As it was dinner time, the menu reflected that with pretty pricey entrees for what I wanted. The hostess offered that it wasn't on the menu, but that she could have the cooks make me a Club sandwich with fries, they did, it was prompt, and also very good and under $10 total!

Next morning had a great breakfast buffet, Terry my server was there at every turn making sure everything was just right. Kimberly, the hostess had a great smile and was very welcoming and seated me promptly.

The only thing for me that would make this location better would be some local fare restaurants closer to the property.

Over all I think the management here needs to be complimented on doing an outstanding job, not only for the people that they are hiring but also for the attention to detail. I have come to realize from spending so much time in hotels, that (for me) it's the little things that make a stay either good or bad.

Patrick P,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your patronage and complimentary feedback on our great hotel. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay, the comfortable rooms, as well as our friendly and accommodating staff. We have a special team here, so it's great to receive your kind comments about their excellence in service. I will pass along your kind comments to our team and I will make sure Terry and Kimberly receive a special commendation for their outstanding service. We value you as our guest and hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Rio Rancho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Room was clean. Beds were exceptional. Bathroom wasn't bad until I dropped something and noticed that under the open counter it was quite filthy, an easy oversight I'm sure, but still... :/ Front desk were all kind and most helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Kim D,
It’s great to hear from you. Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at Doubletree Albuquerque. I’m glad our helpful staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds made for an enjoyable stay. I appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your bathroom was not met with our excellence in service. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Surprise, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

You have to pay to park, or park on the side streets and rick getting hit by traffic. Then the parking lot hold maybe 30 cars max! Getting out, you have to weave all over the place. And who has a coffee pot with only sugar and no cream! No umbrellas by the pool, and this is New Mexico!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Autumn R,
We appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the frustrations you encountered parking your vehicle, and the areas we fell short in meeting your expectations. Your feedback is important to me and provides opportunities to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon to see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Gaithersburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a FABULOUS experience. Normally I stay at Hyatt's, Marriott's and Ritz Carlton's. Now I'm sold on the DoubleTree Albuquerque!! The staff were AMAZING. From Tiana who shuttled me in from the airport (the Hyatt doesn't have this service....what a GREAT value....this saved me at least $35 round trip!) to Stacy at the front desk with her friendly smile and upbeat personality. I attended a banquet in the ballroom and the food was delicious. My room was clean and comfortable. I travel many, many nights a year on the road. This stay tops them all!!! It's the people that make a hotel great.....(or not)........GREAT job DoubleTree Albuquerque!!!

Gem G,
We appreciate you taking a moment to write a review. I’m pleased to hear you had a fabulous experience with us at the Doubletree and felt well taken care of by our wonderful staff. I’ll be sure to recognize Tiana and Stacy with a special commendation for their excellence in service. Please continue to make the Doubletree your number one choice hotel in Albuquerque. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The good: I liked the downtown location, view of the mountains, polite staff, tea and coffee in room, warm cookie on check-in, clean room, staff very responsive when I complained about the bad radio and the noisy a/c.

The bad: Must pay for parking. Getting out of parking area was a pain. On Monday, the number we were given on Sunday to punch in was no longer valid; another day the person in front of us couldn't get out so we were stuck. There is no human manning the barrier. My room looked like an old hotel room with some surface updating. The window couldn't be opened and the a/c roared like a train. I tried to use the a/c as little as possible but the room got very hot. Can't imagine what it would be like in the summer. A window that opened would have made a big difference to my comfort. Had a bad radio which the staff quickly replaced. However the new radio had very few stations that could be heard over the static noise. They also tried to fix the a/c but it remained noisy. The TV did not have many stations and again several seemed to have reception problems. On Sunday night the TV stopped working at around 10 pm. However, it worked fine the following morning.

I switched from the airport Marriott to the Doubletree just to be downtown. The city of Albuquerque seems to be doing a lot of work to make the downtown look nice. However, it is seems to be a very dead city. It was hard to find restaurants that were open in the evening. Even old town was dead. We expected a big party for Cinco the Mayo but there were just a few straggling tourists.

Roswell, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Wow- When I booked this room, I thought based on reviews that it would be a nice place to stay. Do not be fooled! This hotel is NOT worth the money--even if you book a room for a $100 a night, I would've had a cleaner room at a Motel 6. I expect so much more from a Doubletree. This hotel is average at best. We arrived and our room was HOT--I turned down the thermostat and we left for 4 hours, we returned and the room was still hot (like some chocolate we had purchased and put on the desk was melted in the package)...we called the front desk and the maintenance man came up and said we would have to move rooms. It was 9:30 pm and we got moved to a room on the third floor (we had booked a room with a king, but when they moved us, we got a nice downgrade to a queen...) with the loudest A/C unit ever--We wanted a cool room, we got it. It sounded like a 747 taking off every time it kicked on. They were nice enough to give us free breakfast for the next 3 days, but we only ate there one day because the buffet was mediocre and all the food was salty. The room felt dirty, there were nasty finger prints ALL over the headboard, around the thermostat and the wall paper was peeling off everywhere. To flush the toilet, you had to hold down the handle for 12 seconds (yes, I counted) and then it would run for about 3 minutes. I usually am a pretty easy going person--I know that not everything in every room is perfect, but as our stay continued, it just kept adding up!! The good things about this hotel have everything to do with location. It was close to Zoo, Isotopes Park and other places we wanted to visit. You can walk a couple streets down and enjoy some cool restaurants. It clearly is a business hotel--I didn't see any children or families. I would never stay here again. There is nothing special, hip or trendy about this place. I felt dirty after staying there and I am glad I carry around antibacterial wipes with me because I had to wipe down the tables and headboard. I will not be returning to this Doubletree.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Peytonsgirl,
Thank you for writing. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!