“Not a bad stay. Average and clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cliff's Amusement Package
Ranked #40 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Chicago, Illinois
“Not a bad stay. Average and clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been at this hotel three times and I come every Novemeber for a conference. First off, don't let the outside appearance fool you. It looks weathered on the outside, but it's a nice decor that you will find on the inside. The staff are friendly and do a nice job of keepting the hotels clean.

The rooms were ok. Nothing special, but they were clean and I slept very well here. The breakfast wasn't all that great and it is overpriced.

Here are the three main benefits for staying here:

1. Good location. I was able to walk to the convention center and to many restaurants and bars that serve craft beers.

2. Resonable prices: Sure you get what you pay for, but your dollar goes pretty far here. This isn;t a fancy hotel. If you are looking for a good hotel experience, with the frills, and the prices to have that experience then stay at the Hyatt. That is also a good experience.

3. Good customer service: This is a huge factor that I always look for. On my last stay we asked the front desk for their recommendation on a good taxi service because we were going to spend some time in Old Town. The front desk said that the hotel staff would be happy to drive us and then pick us up. It was better than paying for a taxi. I was pleasantly dueprised by this gesture and it was appreciated. Perhaps the hotel was aware of my Hilton status, or maybe they still remember the art of good customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Renee B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
David A,
Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us at DoubleTree Hotel. We appreciate your repeat business and are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear your kind comments on our staff and their excellence in customer service. I'm glad our complimentary shuttle service was an added benefit to your visit. Thank you again for writing. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Gus Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very clean hotel with friendly staff. Everyone was helpful from check-in to check-out. The housekeeping staff does a very good job of cleaning the room. I would stay there again. Good location for business stays. Free shuttle service to & from airport & around town. Not available to other local hotels.

Elizabeth R,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. We’re glad you enjoyed our clean rooms as well as our friendly staff. I’m happy to hear that our shuttle service provided an added benefit for you and your transportation needs during your stay. We enjoyed your company and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed at the Doubletree March 15 -17 in room 1406. They have a shuttle from the airport and will take you to any place within 3 miles of the hotel. We didn’t rent a car and used the shuttle to get to Old Town and to/from the airport. The shuttle drivers are friendly and knowledgeable about the city. The hotel has a restaurant where we had the breakfast brunch each morning. Didn’t eat there for lunch or dinner so can’t comment on the food. (We had vouchers for the breakfast brunch so I can’t give you the price).

We had a coffee maker in the room but no refrigerator, unfortunately. The room had a loud air conditioner which, when it clicked on, drowned out the TV. Also, any loud talking in the hallway came right in the room, especially bad Saturday night when some drunks got off the elevator about 1 a.m. and tried to find their room. Another guest yelled out “Quiet” so we weren’t the only ones awakened.

We had drinks in the bar one evening. A gin & tonic was $10 and a glass of wine $13 - yikes!

Room Tip: 1406 overlooks the Convention Center and Convention Center Plaza. View from the room was good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
C W B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Doubletree. I'm glad to hear the shuttle drivers were friendly and shared their knowledge of the city. I hope you enjoyed your time in Old Town! I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the loudness of the air conditioner. We enjoyed having you as a guest and hope you'll visit us again soon!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Hotel was ok. Wall was thin. Heard people talking in the hallway. The bed was ok. The shower was bit scary. Free shuttle and the driver is very nice. Good quality breakfast. Parking is expensive. Paid less price so not too much complains.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here overnight for business. I'm a HHonors member so I typically frequent Hilton hotels. This property is downtown, not too close to things like shops or restaurants. They do have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to a shopping area (souvenirs and stuff) but I opted not to do that. When staying here, keep in mind that it is pretty empty downtown after 6pm. There's not much around to do or see. There is a restaurant/bar in the hotel, but I didn't visit there.

The lobby was very clean and I was greeted with a smile from the doorman. Carlee at the front desk was very polite and helpful during check-in and she answered all my questions. She also gave me my cookie which I devoured! Carlee kindly explained the parking fees and that there are in and out privileges. Brionne in Accounting was helpful in resolving a billing issue that I had. She promptly arranged for my credit card to be credited for the billing error and even sent me an email invoice confirming the transaction. Rene was helpful in arranging for me to have a late check-out.

I was on the 14th floor in a quiet room away from the elevator. The room, King bed, was clean and neat. I ordered room service and it was prompt and delicious (I ordered the Caesar salad with chicken.) Sleepwise, things were pretty quiet-no complaints.

Room Tip: I always get a room on a high floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Tygar,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your recent stay with us at Doubletree Hotel. I'm delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us and your appreciation for our staff. We have a special team here, so it's great to receive your kind comments about their excellence in service. I'll make sure to give Carlee, Brionne, and Rene a special commendation for their outstanding service. We enjoyed your company and hope you'll visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Gustavo Luna, General Manager
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at the hotel as it was one of the conference hotels. Front desk staff was very cordial. The warm chocolate cookie was a nice welcome. For the price, I would have expected better maintenance. My room had a cracked sink in the bathroom. One of the lights in the bathroom did not work. The desk lamp on the writing desk did not work. The corridor carpet in front of my room entrance had a lot of stains. The room itself was quite clean and well furnished. One other small irritant: There is coffee in the room but only Chamomile tea bags. When I asked for black tea, housekeeping sent me more of the Chamomile tea bags. I called the front desk and I got more of the same. Evidently, they think Chamomile is black tea and that is all they stock! My complaints are minor but nonetheless something not expected from a Hilton branded property.

Location of the property was good. There is a tunnel connecting the hotel to the convention center which I found very convenient. Parking was convenient and reasonably priced ($12 per day). Decent fitness center with 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 2 recumbent bikes, and some free weights. Food outlets are conveniently nearby. There is a Starbucks around the corner and a number of eateries just a couple of blocks away on Central.

OklahomaProfessor,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to have had you stay with us while attending a nearby conference. I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed our welcoming staff and found the location of our hotel suitable for your travels. We will work on the maintenance issues you addressed. I appreciate you bringing them to my attention. We will also look at expanding our tea selections, so the next time you visit, your black tea will be waiting. Thanks again for writing a review. We hope you'll visit us again soon.
Gustavo Luna, General Manager
Mabelvale, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been to Albuquerque on many occassions and this was the first time I stayed at the Doubletree.Yes it's true, I didn't get my cookie at check-in but really no big deal. The stff, for the most part were five star and always willing to help. The room on the other hand left a lot to be desired. It was dated and it's time to fix it. Otherwise I look for two things in a hotel room: the bed, the shower. The bed was ok. The shower was scary. It took a long time for the water to heat and then the temperture would vary during a shower. Lastly, the water that did come out was a dribble not a stream much less a torrent. Not all bad due to staff but facilities suffer deferred maintenance indeed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!