I have been at this hotel three times and I come every Novemeber for a conference. First off, don't let the outside appearance fool you. It looks weathered on the outside, but it's a nice decor that you will find on the inside. The staff are friendly and do a nice job of keepting the hotels clean.
The rooms were ok. Nothing special, but they were clean and I slept very well here. The breakfast wasn't all that great and it is overpriced.
Here are the three main benefits for staying here:
1. Good location. I was able to walk to the convention center and to many restaurants and bars that serve craft beers.
2. Resonable prices: Sure you get what you pay for, but your dollar goes pretty far here. This isn;t a fancy hotel. If you are looking for a good hotel experience, with the frills, and the prices to have that experience then stay at the Hyatt. That is also a good experience.
3. Good customer service: This is a huge factor that I always look for. On my last stay we asked the front desk for their recommendation on a good taxi service because we were going to spend some time in Old Town. The front desk said that the hotel staff would be happy to drive us and then pick us up. It was better than paying for a taxi. I was pleasantly dueprised by this gesture and it was appreciated. Perhaps the hotel was aware of my Hilton status, or maybe they still remember the art of good customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern surroundings, warm hospitality and a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie await your arrival at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Albuquerque. Located downtown, the hotel is conveniently connected by underground concourse to the Albuquerque Convention Center, close to the Civic Plaza and the historic Old Town. Albuquerque International Sunport Airport is just five miles from the hotel. Surrounded by trees, and with stunning views of the Sandia Mountains, this Albuquerque hotel offers a unique, relaxing setting in the heart of the city.Make yourself at home in a guest room decorated in soothing tones, and with complimentary high-speed internet access and amenities for work and relaxation. Choose a suite for a separate living area, upgraded amenities package, dining table and sofa bed. Our downtown Albuquerque hotel has flexible event space for up to 300 guests and a fully equipped business center. Print from your room and pick it up at the business center with our useful remote printing service.Catch up with work while sipping your favorite Starbucks coffee at Onyx Café, taking advantage of the complimentary WiFi in all public areas, or gather with friends and colleagues at ICE Lounge, enjoying the contemporary decor and range of refreshing ice cold drinks. Sample New Mexican and coastal Californian cuisine at La Oja Restaurant at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Relax poolside, admiring the mountain views and fresh air, or work out at the fitness center featuring the latest in cardiovascular and strength equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Doubletree Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Doubletree