“Billing issues that have yet to be resolved. Nice place but not worth the hassel and no call backs.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #40 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Los Lunas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very nice place,wonderful food and drinks. Nice staff. Although billed me twice and they have not yet resolved. I called to resolve and accounting manager has not returned my call. Would have stayed there again but not worth the hassel.

Room Tip: Shuttle will take you up to 3 miles from hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Brenda M,
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the extra charge. Our accounting team has taken care of this issue, and we regret the inconvenience it caused you. I am glad to hear that you liked our hotel and staff. We welcome you to visit us again as we hope to provide a more positive experience. Thanks again.
Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Ute Park, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

While the staff did try their best by moving me to a different room, it smelled worse than the first one. The rooms smelled musty and faintly of cigarettes. Waking up with a stuffy headache two days in a row was not worth it. I will never stay there again.

Mary B,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. It is with great regret that we hear of your disappointing experience. We apologize for your discomfort with the cigarette odor in your room and please know that we are taking steps in communicating our policy to our guest as we are a 100% non smoking hotel. I will share your comments with our housekeeping team and look for improvements in these matters. Thanks again.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

First the good news: They have a starbucks kiosk in the lobby, my daughters will get some really fancy shampoo & soap, and the bacon served at the breakfast buffet was outstanding. Some of the best bacon I've ever had.

Negatives: small rooms, sketchy location, and I'm upset with myself because I missed the small print on $12 for parking....really $13 w/tax. Ain't nobody got time for that!

I spent $300 (incl tax & parking) for 2 nights and upon further reflection: I say....either spring for the Embassy Suites or find an $89 Hampton Inn and drive over to the Doubletree to enjoy some world class salted pork products at breakfast

Room Tip: Stay at the embassy suites instead.
Dad05,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Doubletree Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast buffet, especially the bacon. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you visit Albuquerque.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently returned to this hotel after having a really nice experience the last time (see my previous posting from last summer). And, although this visit was pretty consistent with the last on most accounts, unfortunately I felt the service in the restaurant was lacking ... or at least it left much to be desired.
During my first night, I ate in the restaurant, and though the food was good, the service was horrible. I just about swore off ever eating at the hotel again, except that the following night I stopped in at the bar for a drink before heading out for dinner, and eventually (and fortunately) decided to just stay in and have dinner there again (granted I was a bit lazy to leave the hotel ... it was a long day). I'm certainly glad I decided to stay, because the young woman at the bar (I think her name was Kim) exhibited exceptional personal skills and provided fantastic dinner service (albeit a bar dinner). Thank you Kim (I hope I have your name right) for redeeming my impression of the hotel's service rating.
So, other than the less than desirable service in the restaurant, the hotel is still a top stop for me when I'm in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: If you're going to eat a meal there, eat at the bar instead of the restaurant - service is actua...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
drmiera,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear from you, and we appreciate you staying with us at Doubletree. Firstly, I apologize for any of our service lacking excellence. Secondly, I'm glad to hear that Kim was able to make up for your dissatisfaction and exhibit exceptional service with a friendly demeanor. I'll reward her with a special commendation to show her my appreciation for her outstanding work. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We value you as our guest and hope to see you again the next time you're in Albuquerque.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The warm cookie at check-in was great. i got a reduced rate for the room. it was very convenient to the convention center where the event i was attending was held. Parking was convenient and easy to access.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Cowboysrule931,
We're glad to hear from you, and we're delighted to know that you had a nice, pleasant stay with us at Doubletree Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our property, and I'm glad you especially liked the welcoming warm cookie! Please plan to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Albuquerque.
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

But just my initial experience with front desk mgr Stacy addressing my frustration with Central Reservations has been remarkable. I think I have found THE best place to stay in town! As a single women traveling, Stacy also highlighted security measures in place as I expressed concern after other travelers comments expressed concerns about panhandlers on street.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kbnaperville,
We appreciate you taking a moment and writing a review. I'm glad to hear that Stacy was able to assist you in a kind and professional manner. We look forward to your visit. Thanks again.
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I ended up staying here for a couple of nights due to arriving to ABQ early for a conference over at the Hyatt. It was incredibly honorable for DT to offer assistance to the good number of us who needed a place to stay. They even moved our bags from their place to the Hyatt while we were doing our conference activities. Yep, Doubletree took care of some folks even when they didn't have to....or maybe I shoud I say...they showed us what being hospitable truly is.

BTW, if you're comparing the Hyatt and Doubletree in Alburquerque, I would recommend the Doubletree for their rooms and parking and the Hyatt for conference space.

Room Tip: The higher the better, but the hotel is centrally located in such a way that any of the sides are go...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
48912glb,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your compliments about our staff's extra efforts in helping your conference group. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our hotel as well, and I appreciate your recommendation for future travelers. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us as we look forward to providing another exceptional visit.
Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!