“Amazing staff-especially the courtesy shuttle driver!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #42 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Billings, Montana
“Amazing staff-especially the courtesy shuttle driver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My sister and I stayed here at the end of January and were shocked by how amazing the staff was! We had a great experience at the front desk, in the restaurant, and especially the shuttle driver. I would highly recommend staying there while in Albuquerque. The staff that we dealt with we're Carlee, Tasha, Trevor, and Adrian. I hope that there managers reward them for outstanding customer service and attention to detail.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Jamee W,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your experience with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. We're delighted to have had you stay with us as our guests. I'm glad to know that you had a great time at our hotel and especially appreciated our wonderful staff. I'll make sure to give Carlee, Tasha, Trevor, and Adrian a special commendation for their outstanding work. I appreciate you highlighting their special efforts. Please plan to visit us again as we look forward to your return.
Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'll keep this short and sweet. The service at this hotel is fantastic. I have stayed here multiple times and have always been treated like a family member. It's clear that management trains the staff to be hospitable. I'll say that again, this hotel treats you with hospitality, not just customer service. I guarantee that if you experience any issues with this hotel, the team will do the best of their ability to rectify the problem to exceed your expectations...that is of course as long as you bring it to their attention. Keep it up Doubletree Albuquerque! You have earned my loyalty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dan G,
We greatly appreciate your short and sweet review. You are a valued guest of ours, Dan, and we're pleased to know that you feel so welcomed here at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. Hospitality, Latin hospitalitem, means "friendliness to guests". We're delighted to provide this service to you along with comfort and care. Please continue to make Doubletree Hotel your choice hotel when traveling to the Albuquerque area. We look forward to your next visit.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't have had a better stay. The staff was amazing and never had I had a more effortless check in. If I'm ever in Albuquerque again I will be staying here. The check in, concierge, and bar treated me like I was there only client.

• Stayed January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
XQQU,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad to have had you stay with us at Doubletree Hotel, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. It's great to hear that you felt welcomed and well taken care of by our wonderful staff. I'm glad you chose Doubletree Hotel while visiting Albuquergue, and I hope you'll visit us again.

Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently had a conference in Albuquerque and stayed at the Double Tree. From the moment I checked in the service and professionalism of the staff was excellent. The rooms were very clean, and the maid service was quick and very efficient. Since the hotel is downtown not much shopping but the staff was more than eager to help with any suggestions for dinner and/or entertainment. I had an issue that was quickly resolved and the General manager was extremely professional and could not have been more helpful. I am a Diamond member of Hilton and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Tim B,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. We're glad you chose to stay with us while attending a nearby conference. I'm pleased to know that you found our staff friendly and professional as well as helpful with local information. We appreciate your high recommendation and hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us. Safe travels.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed here for a five-day business trip in 2012. Let me preface this by saying that I stayed here by accident...You see, I stayed at the same hotel during a trip in August 2010. The hotel was OK--nothing fantastically wonderful but nothing horribly bad either. Just kind of so-so. I again had a business opportunity to return in 2012. I booked rooms at both this property and at the Hyatt across the plaza. Both properties participate in my employer's negotiated rate plan, so there was no cost difference. It's not unusual for me to double book a room months in advance and then maybe a week or so before travel decide which to keep and which to cancel. I had decided to stay at the Hyatt only because I had already stayed here and wanted to see if the proverbial grass was greener on the other side of the fence. Well, a coworker was assigned to travel with me at the last moment, at which point all hotels were sold-out. Luckily I had an extra reservation which I gladly ceded to him--a quick call to the front desk allowed us to make the switch. Unfortunately, i confused the Hilton with the Hyatt and inadvertently ceded the "wrong" hotel. Both hotels charge for parking; this is usually a deal-breaker for me but considering the location in the heart of downtown I guess the hotels have no choice (or they'd be overrun by commuters looking to illegally park for free). This property is showing its age. I'm guessing it was built in the late 1970s or early 1980s. Nothing structurally wrong with it but the decor has a retro disco vibe. Free computer access in lobby off of front door; tiny front desk and elevator lobby steps away. Nothing grand about the lobby. There's a coffee counter (I believe it's a Starbucks) wedged in between the rear elevators and the back (street) entrance and a bar. Most of the lobby is open to the restaurant in the basement (served by separate escalators). I guess the architect was going for the drama of a vast, open atrium but it doesn't really work; it comes across as a giant enclosed space being wasted (and essential functions like the front desk, elevators and 'business center' are squished to the sides of the lobby). If memory serves from my first stay here in 2010, this property connects via underground passageways with the convention center on the next block. I believe there was free wi-fi (the lack of which is usually a deal-breaker for me). Unfortunately, there was no fridge in the room which again is usually a deal-breaker for me. And the above-mentioned paid parking was also an annoyance; if it weren't for the proximity to the event we attended I would have stayed elsewhere). Room was a decent size and clean; TV was fine, in room coffee maker was OK. Bathroom was a good size; placement was unusual along an outside wall. Location was not a problem, just unusual to find a hotel room where the bathroom isn't located right off the room entry. The layout of the hotel has all rooms on the exterior and the central core of the building houses two back-to-back elevator banks (two elevators each, for a total of four), staircases, vending machines, ice, housekeeping closet, etc. So each floor has a rectangular shaped hallway; one can walk all the way around in a complete circle. This would bother me in other cities where personal security is a worry; as I feel this layout would be ideal for a mugger to make a quick escape. As I recall, the elevators are not controlled by room keys so I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that under the right circumstances someone could enter the hotel off the street, proceed directly to an elevator and rob/mug a guest on an upper floor. Didn't eat in the restaurant or Starbucks coffee bar this stay (there's a Subway sandwich shop and a middle-eastern restaurant a block and a half away on the other side of the convention center. Also a post office). Also walking distance from busy street jam-packed with restaurants, bars, etc. so there is always an abundance of dining options. During this stay there was a major leak in the lobby that closed down the Starbucks. I believe the hotel pool is on the second floor and it (or perhaps a locker room?) sprung a leak. There were buckets all over one corner of the lobby and an emergency crew came in on a pneumatic scaffold to replaster the ceiling. Because of the 'squished' layout of the lobby, the damage zone/their work zone was uncomfortably close to the rear elevator bank and, despite their best efforts, there was a growing puddle of water. I don't want to sound nit-pickey but when I stay in a hotel (especially a respectable property in the Hilton family), I don't expect to step out of an elevator into a puddle in the lobby. Unsafe footing and wet shoes/socks is not a desirable hotel amenity in my book. One would think that all was well the following day after they removed their scaffold but no, the ceiling sprung a new leak. So once again, the orange cones went up and the pneumatic scaffold moved back into the squished lobby. I realize that maintenance crises pop up--even in the best of hotels--but the water-damage drama (and it's encore performance the next day) inconvenienced guests, looked horrible and served no other purpose than to highlight the aged, outdated structure (and need for major renovation/remodeling). BTW, I travel up to one week/month on business and as often as I can get away on personal travel and am a proud member of the Hilton Rewards program. Given a choice I will seek a Hilton property. This one, unfortunately, isn't quite up to the Hilton standards I'm accustomed to. I think Hilton either needs to sell this property or else invest in a major overhaul unless they want to keep a thorn in their side that will continuously lower their quality standards.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Terry S,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your candid feedback. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations as our team strives to always find a way to connect with our guests and to make their stay more than “OK”. I hope you understand that, like in any building, leaks will happen once in a while and, unfortunately, we had one of those episodes here during your stay. We tried to contain the water the best we could and get a crew with a lift as soon as possible in order to minimize property damage and guest inconvenience. We are hoping to be renovated in the near future and hope you can visit us again then.

Thank you for staying with us.
Gus Luna, General Manager
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently traveled to Albuquerque on business and needed a place to stay for just one night. A companion suggested the Doubletree and being a loyal Tripadvisor supporter I checked the Hotel out. The reviews were very helpful and I decided to book the Hotel. When I arrived check in was very efficient and I was in my room with chocolate cookie in hand in no time at all. The person who checked me in was very pleasant and helpful with regard to restaurant suggestions. I found the room to be clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. The bathroom was on the smaller side but more than adequate. The gym had a decent assortment of cardio machines and weights both machines and free weights. Check out was just as quick as checking in and the property manager was present to make sure my stay was a pleasant one. I highly recommend this hotel.

RIguy_7,
Thank you for your review. We're very glad to hear that you stayed with us while visiting Albuquerque. I'm glad your overall experience with us was pleasant from check in to check out. It was a pleasure meeting with you, and I hope you'll make plans to visit us again.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Ignored reservation and profile by putting us in SMOKING room on SMOKING floor - not clearly marked - and lied about it when asked. The didthis on two trips and had no concern when told that a 70-yr-old was allergic and wa having trouble breathing as a result. Worst Hilton hotel stayed in since 12 yrs old!! Never again.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel - e.g., Embassy Suites