“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Cliff's Amusement Package
Ranked #46 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I went to Albuquerque for a doctors appt. I liked everything about the hotel. My mom did notice a stain on a pillowcase which I will post. Other than that, the place seemed very clean. Service was great and after asking very nicely the even have us extra cookies! Those cookies are delicious! You do have to pay an extra $10 for parking. So keep that in mind. Good location. The beds were so comfortable!!!! I will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Srwarner117,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that you and your mom had a nice, comfortable visit with us. I'm glad you liked our hotel and especially the delicious cookies. Please come and visit us again soon. We look forward to your next visit.

577 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here during the balloon festival in October. There were many tours booked here in addition to the one I was on. During the entire stay the food service was pitiful. For every meal they ran out of something - spoons, butter, cream for the coffee etc. On the morning buffet the croissants were put out frozen and we were told to slice them and toast them. Very disorganized. The tour manager said they would never book here again. Perhaps they were over their head with the amount of persons to be accommodated but they must have known in advance the # of persons staying and the services expected to be provided. On the plus side the rooms were very clean and more then adequate and the persons in the lobby at the desk were very helpful answering questions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Ashley851,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Doubletree Hotel while attending the balloon festival. I apologize for any disorganization you may have encountered with our food service during that time. Your satisfaction is important to us. I appreciate your feedback and will take your comments seriously with the intent to use it for improvements. We certainly hope to have you and your tour stay with us again for next year's balloon festival. Our service will be excellent in all areas, and we'll try to provide a more positive experience for you and your group. Thank you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I wanted to try a new hotel downtown and this seemed perfect. I was expecting a great experience based on the brand but was disappointed.
Upon check in I discovered there is a $10/day parking fee. The "Free Internet" is splashed all over the headline when booking but the parking charge is buried in the fine print. It took me reading it three times to find it when I got to my room. This always annoys me, be up front about charges or include them in the cost of the room. When I questioned the front desk I was told "Its downtown ABQ" as if ABQ is a teeming metropolis of activity on par with SF or NYC. Strike one.
The lobby is awesome from a distance, cafe, bar and a piano player were a nice touch.
The room was fairly small, on par with 3 star rooms in Europe. The bed was awful, I migrated around during the night waking up laterally across the bed wondering what the heck happened.
There was a nice flat panel TV but channels were limited. The carpet had some very obvious stains (see pic) and there was a chair and ottoman that looked as if it were purchased at a yard sale in Ciudad Juarez, tacky upholstery and stained (see pic). I couldn't bring myself to actually use it.
The windows were only single pane so the road noise was bad all night when trucks drove by. Also they dont insulate well so the wall unit heater was going on and off all night making it hard to sleep or hear the TV without blasting it.
The bathroom was nice but again the lack of attention to detail was obvious, there were holes in the wall and rather than fix the wall paper they just caulked them leaving obvious holes.
There is no bottled water in the rooms and the coffee maker is sub par with sub par coffee.
The cafe in the lobby is limited, it has starbucks plastered all over but is actually just a sub-contractor of the hotel that serves starbucks coffee, and not very good coffee at that.
My criticisms about ignoring the details were confirmed when I checked out the next day and was waiting for my peer in the lobby. I noticed the tree they put up haphazardly. It was hysterical. It took all my will power to not let my OCD take over and fix it (see pic).
All in all this is a decent hotel, under a lesser brand name (and cost) I probably wouldnt be so critical but I have come to expect more from Hilton. Even the Garden Suites brand is typically nicer than this property.
I don't think I will stay here again or recommend it to friends based on this experience. There has to be better properties in ABQ for the price.
Everything looks good from the surface but the details are seriously lacking.
I travel often and have stayed in some serious dumps in Europe but I always know what I am getting myself into. I don't like surprises when it comes to expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear PHXTrainer :
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements.

Thank you again.
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We recently spent a night at this very convenient hotel. Location is great for any events in downtown Albuquerque. Our first floor room was very nicely appointed - excellent mattress & pillows, comfy duvet, lots of thick oversize towels, great black-out curtains, and accurate climate control system. The tub shower drained rather slowly but the shower had a good, adjustable, hard-to-gentle spray. The only recommendation I have is to get a room higher than the first floor. The first floor has the exercise room and pool and in our experience, had lots noisy foot traffic. Piping childrens' voices in the hallway before 7 am don't make for the best way to wake up. I'd definitely stay here again - but will request a room on floors 2-15.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors - it's much quieter. There is a parking lot on-site that char...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
waf50,
Thank you for your review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us at Doubletree. We're glad you chose to stay with us, and we appreciate having you as our guests. I'm glad you liked your room and found our hotel convenient for many downtown events. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Albuquerque, and I hope you'll come and visit us again.
Abilene, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Doubletree Hilton sadly COULD be a nice hotel. However, I don't think they really live up to the standard that Hilton usually sets. The building is nice, and the lobby and rooms are clean and sharp. However, there is no continental breakfast option. Over the phone during booking I was offered a buffet for $15 extra. Now personally I hate paying for breakfast at a hotel, I think it should be complimentary at all times....but fine. The buffet was a joke and left me feeling ripped off (see pictures). Also, not mentioned is the fact that parking is ten dollars a day. But at the same time, the parking lot has signs everywhere stating that I park at my own risk. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth to check into a hotel and be immediately charged to park, be charged for breakfast, be charged $13 in taxes, and have a basically acceptable room and below average breakfast. I don't think Hilton has a reputation of nickel-and-diming their customers, so I can't say this hotel lived up to expectations. I won't be returning to this hotel. (Pictures of the room and buffet are below)

• Stayed December 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
skypyro82,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Doubletree Hotel, and we're pleased you liked our clean, comfortable rooms. I apologize for your discontent with our breakfast buffet. All feedback from our valued guests is important to us, so I'm glad to hear from you. We will take your comments under review. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we hope to have you return for a more positive experience. Thanks again.
Linden, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm not going lie everyone was welcoming room was beautiful. However I encountered a very horrible situation. The morning that i checked out I came across a housekeeper who was in the hallway. Whatever I'm waiting by the elevator and outta nowhere this man ( another employee from maintenance) began to speak to the woman. What he told her was that apparently she was not allowed to speak any Spanish through their walkie-talkies and that she was in America and had to learn English. I was in shock by what i just had heard. I could NOT believe my ears. He was attacking her for origin. Later when I came back to my room, and I saw her cart I approached the room and I asked her for the mans name to report him. She said he was a manager for the maintenance and his name was Garret or something like that. I tried to convince her to go report this and she refused. She was afraid to lose her job. And for her I was not going to make a big deal out of this. But this is just something I cannot let it slide. For him being a manager and attacking an employee like that is unacceptable. What kind of management allows this?? Front desk, Room Service, Housekeeping were all wonderful willing to take that extra step to better my stay. This situation did make everything go sour. I hope you will take this seriously and hopefully when i return i will not encounter this again...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
loveydovey12,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback, and we're glad you liked our hotel. Please understand that we take diversity very seriously at our hotel as there are eight different nationalities represented and we speak four different languages. I apologize greatly for the incident that you encountered and please know that we are taking steps to research all the details. I hope this will not mar your experience in any way and we hope you will have another opportunity to visit us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you feel necessary.

All the best,
Midwest City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hello Mr. Luna,

As you know, I recently stayed at your hotel. It was a 10-night gov't training session. When I first made my reservation I was told I couldn't be guaranteed a "smoking" room. I get that often. When I was finally on my way I called the desk, and they had a room for me when I arrived. Magic ! I loved it. I then went downstairs to the restaurant and was informed of the breakfast buffet. I ended up ordering off the menu only once, just out of curiosity...The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Every day the chef would offer to cook an omlet, or anything...and every day I would have the scrambled eggs. Magnificent ! The breads, bacon, juice, milk, everything was just great. I was very comfortable staying at the hotel. All the staff were very friendly, and very professional. What a nice place ! The room I had was excellent. The service was excellent. The facility where we had training was excellent. It was a very rewarding experience...Thank you so much ! I hope I have an opportunity to stay there again.

Paul Bolain

BLM

Room Tip: I had a 12th floor smoking room with a view of the extinct volcanos NW of town. It was clean and fre...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Paul B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a special review about your stay with us at Doubletree Hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and wonderful compliments about our hotel and staff. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us. Don't be a stranger to Albuquerque! We hope to see you soon.
Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!