“Not the hotel you're looking for” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA/CAA Family Fun
Ranked #34 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Abilene, Texas
“Not the hotel you're looking for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The Doubletree Hilton sadly COULD be a nice hotel. However, I don't think they really live up to the standard that Hilton usually sets. The building is nice, and the lobby and rooms are clean and sharp. However, there is no continental breakfast option. Over the phone during booking I was offered a buffet for $15 extra. Now personally I hate paying for breakfast at a hotel, I think it should be complimentary at all times....but fine. The buffet was a joke and left me feeling ripped off (see pictures). Also, not mentioned is the fact that parking is ten dollars a day. But at the same time, the parking lot has signs everywhere stating that I park at my own risk. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth to check into a hotel and be immediately charged to park, be charged for breakfast, be charged $13 in taxes, and have a basically acceptable room and below average breakfast. I don't think Hilton has a reputation of nickel-and-diming their customers, so I can't say this hotel lived up to expectations. I won't be returning to this hotel. (Pictures of the room and buffet are below)

• Stayed December 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
skypyro82,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Doubletree Hotel, and we're pleased you liked our clean, comfortable rooms. I apologize for your discontent with our breakfast buffet. All feedback from our valued guests is important to us, so I'm glad to hear from you. We will take your comments under review. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we hope to have you return for a more positive experience. Thanks again.
Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Linden, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm not going lie everyone was welcoming room was beautiful. However I encountered a very horrible situation. The morning that i checked out I came across a housekeeper who was in the hallway. Whatever I'm waiting by the elevator and outta nowhere this man ( another employee from maintenance) began to speak to the woman. What he told her was that apparently she was not allowed to speak any Spanish through their walkie-talkies and that she was in America and had to learn English. I was in shock by what i just had heard. I could NOT believe my ears. He was attacking her for origin. Later when I came back to my room, and I saw her cart I approached the room and I asked her for the mans name to report him. She said he was a manager for the maintenance and his name was Garret or something like that. I tried to convince her to go report this and she refused. She was afraid to lose her job. And for her I was not going to make a big deal out of this. But this is just something I cannot let it slide. For him being a manager and attacking an employee like that is unacceptable. What kind of management allows this?? Front desk, Room Service, Housekeeping were all wonderful willing to take that extra step to better my stay. This situation did make everything go sour. I hope you will take this seriously and hopefully when i return i will not encounter this again...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
loveydovey12,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback, and we're glad you liked our hotel. Please understand that we take diversity very seriously at our hotel as there are eight different nationalities represented and we speak four different languages. I apologize greatly for the incident that you encountered and please know that we are taking steps to research all the details. I hope this will not mar your experience in any way and we hope you will have another opportunity to visit us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you feel necessary.

All the best,
Midwest City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hello Mr. Luna,

As you know, I recently stayed at your hotel. It was a 10-night gov't training session. When I first made my reservation I was told I couldn't be guaranteed a "smoking" room. I get that often. When I was finally on my way I called the desk, and they had a room for me when I arrived. Magic ! I loved it. I then went downstairs to the restaurant and was informed of the breakfast buffet. I ended up ordering off the menu only once, just out of curiosity...The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Every day the chef would offer to cook an omlet, or anything...and every day I would have the scrambled eggs. Magnificent ! The breads, bacon, juice, milk, everything was just great. I was very comfortable staying at the hotel. All the staff were very friendly, and very professional. What a nice place ! The room I had was excellent. The service was excellent. The facility where we had training was excellent. It was a very rewarding experience...Thank you so much ! I hope I have an opportunity to stay there again.

Paul Bolain

BLM

Room Tip: I had a 12th floor smoking room with a view of the extinct volcanos NW of town. It was clean and fre...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Paul B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a special review about your stay with us at Doubletree Hotel. We greatly appreciate your business and wonderful compliments about our hotel and staff. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you'll have another opportunity to stay with us. Don't be a stranger to Albuquerque! We hope to see you soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Went to Albuquerque for a friend's wedding. Great spot- the shuttle service gave me a ride to save me cab fare. I just tipped the driver a little extra. Definitely didn't need a rental car for this trip. Nice little store downstairs. The girls who work at the front desk are great. Stacey and Angel were pleasant and friendly. Good room service. Scott was very nice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Matthew A,
Thank you for writing a review and letting us know of your pleasant stay with us. We're glad you chose to stay at Doubletree Hotel for your friend's wedding. I'm glad to hear that you liked our shuttle service and found our staff friendly and helpful. I'll make sure to give Stacey, Angel, and Scott a special commendation for their outstanding service. Please come and visit us again soon.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

What can I say the room was clean, a friendly house keeping staff...but it really wasn't worth the price. The elevators had this gross, dingy smell and looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in weeks...The Lobby looks like it had recently been remodeled, which was nice. It just in general was not up to the Doubletree's I've stayed at. It is okay, but not worth the price. Rooms need updating. Next time I will walk down the street to the Hyatt...or even better one of the places with a local flare Andaluz or Parq Central!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ByWayofTaos,
Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Doubletree Hotel. I'm glad you found our rooms clean, staff friendly, and lobby nice and modern. Your satisfaction is important to us. We hope you'll come and visit us again as we expect to provide a more positive experience.
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

For our 2 nights of alone-time celebrating our Anniversary, we chose the Doubletree from Priceline. The staff was really kind and helpful. The room was clean, quiet and comfy. The bed was very comfortable; the parking lot was easy to access and felt safe. When we called down for more coffee cups, they were delivered within minutes. We enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4FantasticGolfers,
Thank you for your review. Congratulations on your Anniversary. We're pleased to have provided a nice, comfortable place for your celebration, and we hope you'll make plans to visit us again soon.
Grants, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I regularly stay at this hotel when I'm in town, and I live here in NM. Staff is always friendly, and go out of their way to take care of me, make me feel welcome. Convenient location downtown with views that are hard to beat. The rooms are quiet, very nice and the beds are most comfortable (and I travel full-time). Breakfast is great, and their new dinner menu is as good as it gets, including some local flavors of New Mexico. Thanks to Sara for great service, both at dinner, and to our country! And thanks to everyone else that makes me feel like family here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north or east provide views on Sandias (local mountains), views facing west or south pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dale

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled you choose to stay with us at Doubletree Hotel when visiting Albuquerque and that you have made us your home away from home. We're glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms as well as our exceptional staff. I'll make sure to let Sara know of your kind words about her service and provide for her a special commendation for her outstanding work. We hope to see you soon.