“Best Stay In ABQ!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Grants, New Mexico
“Best Stay In ABQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I regularly stay at this hotel when I'm in town, and I live here in NM. Staff is always friendly, and go out of their way to take care of me, make me feel welcome. Convenient location downtown with views that are hard to beat. The rooms are quiet, very nice and the beds are most comfortable (and I travel full-time). Breakfast is great, and their new dinner menu is as good as it gets, including some local flavors of New Mexico. Thanks to Sara for great service, both at dinner, and to our country! And thanks to everyone else that makes me feel like family here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north or east provide views on Sandias (local mountains), views facing west or south pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dale

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled you choose to stay with us at Doubletree Hotel when visiting Albuquerque and that you have made us your home away from home. We're glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms as well as our exceptional staff. I'll make sure to let Sara know of your kind words about her service and provide for her a special commendation for her outstanding work. We hope to see you soon.

Gustavo Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Doubletree in Albuquerque was a nice surprise. I stayed here on a business trip. The room was "Large" ....plenty of space for a 6' 6" person like myself. I hung out at the bar area and it was a nice atmosphere (they could add a fer more seats). The hotel is within walking distance of the movie theater and various restaurants. My only drawback was the wifi connection was spotty and they charge for parking (it is a small lot so I guess they have to charge).

Room Tip: I choose rooms near the elevator because usually the ice machine is close by. :-)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
BigTJ,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. I am pleased we were a surprise for you during your business trip, and I am delighted to know that our spacious rooms suited you well. We have already added more seating in the lounge this week, however I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We hope you will continue to be our guest and visit us again soon.

Safe travels,
Gus Luna
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The staff was wonderful. The drivers Adrian and Trevor were professional and extremely helpful when navigating around the city. The staff was great about sharing the famous double tree chocolate chip cookies. I had a wonderful view of the mountians. The room was spacious and always clean. I give this hotel a thumbs up for guest service, cleanliness, friendlines and an overall welcoming environment from the front staff to the maintenance staff.

Room Tip: The drivers for the hotel were excellent. Adrian and Trevor were extremely helpful in navigating us...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear tricia p,

Thank you for the thumbs up review! We are delighted to hear from you and learn about your great visit with us. I am glad you liked our friendly staff, and that they were eager to share our famous Doubletree cookies! It is always nice to hear that our guests are received in a welcoming, friendly manner by our staff. We strive to provide the best service possible so I'm glad you felt at home. Please plan to come and visit us again soon.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Had a wonderful visit at the Doubletree. I stay there often when I am there on business. Comfortable and clean rooms. Welcome service at the front desk. Tasha was especially helpful with getting my taxi arrangements all set for early in the morning. Thank you so much and will return again on my next visit! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Ntzsche76,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased that you had a wonderful visit with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque. I am glad Tasha was able to help you and I'll make sure she receives a special commendation for her outstanding work. We look forward to your next visit!
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I were in town for the Duke City Marathon and stayed here. What a great hotel! We received a fabulous group rate and got a lot for the $$. The hotel has a free shuttle to/from the airport and they will always take you around locally. I loved the Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room and the dimming lights by the bed. You can also walk all over the city and enjoy great food and fun. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pamela B,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our special guest for the Duke City Marathon. We're glad you liked our hotel and enjoyed our surrounding community. It's good to know you liked the dimming lights and specialized coffee as well. Please join us again for another exceptional visit.
Las Vegas, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Staff at check in were awsome at the Double Tree hotel. Ahhh and how about those fresh baked cookies. Things that a traveler has come to know and love about the Double Tree brand. This Double Tree is older, lost a little of it's luster, but over all was a good value. Rooms are spacious, fairly clean- once again a little worn. Room was supplied with enough towels for entire family. Shower was always hot. Pool was empty/closed. Hotel is in a good location off of the interstate and in walking distance of downtown and lots to do. The over flow parking lot stinks, since it is parking for anyone- not just hotel guests. Would stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
CabanaMomma1027,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Doubletree Hotel. We're delighted you enjoyed your visit and found our rooms spacious and clean. I'm glad you liked the cookies too! Please plan to stay with us again soon.
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

~~~
The DoubleTree was very covenient for us this weekend, sure it's a downtown hotel, but for our needs it was a perfect location.

Our room #1105 was fine, it even had a good shower and the management helped us out on check out time too!

Our only issue was parking, at $10 extra bucks you kinda expect it to be there when you need it. As we came back to the hotel from dinner at restaurant St. Clair in Old Town we could not find a parking space for our car. While we could have parked it at Wells Fargo across the street we didn't want to risk our rented car. The good news is a super ambassador of the hotel named Kacey in the parking lot let us park on the end-cap! I gave him my business card and he called me 10 or 15 minutes later as a space became available, that solved the problem of an OVER-SOLD parking lot. The hotel should consider renting an exact space number, this stand-by stuff needs to be confined to the airlines, it doesn't work at hotels.

We liked our stay at the DoubleTree and we promise to come back next year for the 30th running of the Duke City Marathon.

Room Tip: Don't expect a continental breakfest! This isn't a bargain hotel. They're happy to sell...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MarathonManiac1,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us while attending the Duke City Marathon, and if you ran in it, we hope you did well. I apologize for the parking situation and can assure you that during the times it does get crowded our staff tries to help out as much as possible. I'm glad to hear that Casey was able to accommodate you and appreciate you highlighting his outstanding service. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!