“Stayed at nicer Hilton chains” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #38 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Denver, Colorado
“Stayed at nicer Hilton chains”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Extremely nice gym! Room service food was excellent for a hotel! BUT.....Bartender was not very good. She left the bar for 5 min unattended, so took a while to get a drink. No cookies were offered (Double tree is known for that). Both nights had brown and sandy water coming out of shower and sink. Towels were no longer white, appeared discolored and ready to be thrown out. Overall seemed old and not well managed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear kelly m,

Thank you for candid review; please accept my deepest apologies for each of the negatives your experienced. I’ve recently assumed the role of general manager here at the hotel and can assure you that I’m taking your review to heart and each issue is being addressed. I hope this isolated experience doesn’t prevent you from choosing Doubletree in the future, your business is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Gus Luna, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed here back in Dec and enjoyed it. The hotel itself was very nice and met all of my needs. There are some decent places to eat very close by. If I ever come back to NM I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thanks very much for your review OnTheRoad4040! It’s always great to hear from our guests and I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Gus Luna, General Manager
Kennett, Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We chose this hotel because it offered shuttle service to areas near the hotel -- Old Town, rail station, movie theater, restaurants, etc. We were exceedingly pleased with our choice. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant had excellent food and service.
Rooms were spacious. The Sweet Dreams beds offered a great night's sleep. Towels were large and fluffy!
Shuttle drivers were quick to respond and were most helpful. We would definitely choose the Doubletree for our next stay in Albuquerque. Ask for a mountain view when booking your room.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer better views. The mountain view was wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thanks so much Lynton49 for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are glad to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for all of your feedback and we look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Somerville, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I originally was going to review them positively, then I looked at my AMEX and saw a double charge. Not cool. They called me back and said they would refund my Visa. Then said they would refund my Mastercard. Since I put it on my AMEX, I am not confident I will ever see my refund.

Here is my original review. The $10 for parking was ridiculous in a city with street parking everywhere that full on advertises itself on it's website as having something like a 1/100th the people of Boston - so, plenty of parking space to go around. The gate was open when we left too, so, I don't know why I was honest and even paid it. Anyway, adding $10 for parking onto my $51 priceline bid only made the room $61, which is a totally reasonable price for this room, so, at $61 it's a 4 star stay. Why not perfect? Our first room, on a non-smoking floor, reeked of cigarette smoke. I couldn't bear to be in it for more than 5 seconds. The desk was incredibly nice about it and apologized, stating "we can't control other's bad behavior" and immediately changed our room - however - that is a testament to the kind of people who stay here and probably cause the problems others mention - people who smoke in a non-smoking room. Yuk. It was the second floor. You can't go down one floor on the elevator to inhale your cancer? Really? Also, why didn't the housekeeping staff mention to the desk staff not to put anyone in that room until it had a chance to air out?

Other drawbacks: the wallpaper is falling off the walls, there is no breakfast like other Doubletrees, and the wifi is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. We gave up on checking our email on our laptops and instead just did it on our phones.

Pluses: It's super clean, check out is noon, we were in walking distance of a bunch of stuff, and there is a free shuttle. The shuttle drive also gave us a card that got us free dessert at the restaurant he took us too. HOWEVER, I was not told about the shuttle. I only knew about the shuttle because I overheard another couple discussing going to Seasons (where we were also going to dinner) and that the front desk had offered to shuttle them there. So, we called and asked about the service.

Would we stay here again for $60? Yes. For much more than that? Probably not. Would I stay again now that they double charged me. NO.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Trip83,
Thank you for your candid review of your stay. If you experience any issues regarding your refund, please contact us immediately as we have already issued the proper adjustments. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Doubletree. Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with Doubletree in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My sister and I went on vacation in New Mexico in June of 2011 and we stayed at the Doubletree in Albuquerque. What a great staff and wonderful hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. The convenience of the hotel location to Old Town as well as the free shuttle rides could not be beat. We would highly recommend it and we would stay there again without question.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thanks Neilap for your wonderful review and recommendation. We are happy that you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was convenient to Old Town. I will pass along your comments to the staff and thanks again for your review!

Truly yours,
new mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This hotel is obviously intended for business travelers, not someone who likes to have their own snacks or drinks without having to go down to the bar. We received a discount rate (through Priceline bidding) for the room which was well-furnished including an abundance of towels. The room was quite small, the television old and available channels quite limited. On the plus side, the views from the upper floors are stunning. For this to be a 5-star review (especially at a full price rate) the room should be bigger and include an up to date tv and at least a small refrigerator. The staff are attentive and very helpful. Oh, and parking is $10 a day.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room with a view to the north.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Stanford, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I received a discount rate on this hotel via Priceline's Name Your Own Price bidding. This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Albuquerque, within easy walking distance of restaurants, nightlife, and attractions. Hotel staff are very helpful, and the rooms themselves are pretty clean and are well-appointed. There are excellent views from many of the upper-floor rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque? Share your experiences!