“Quick cross-country” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Tyringham, Massachusetts
“Quick cross-country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a typical Hampton Inn.....convenient for a traveler, clean and near local attractions and the Interstate Highway. We thought it was closer to the University and Old Albuquerque than it was, but the drive into the city center was not onerous. Wish Hampton Inns would serve real eggs in the morning like some of the competition, but otherwise predictable fare.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you ADKiceman for Kent CT.
Your review hit the mark, regarding the eggs, Hampton is looking to upgrade this item from our breakfast menu.Our waffles are great, and fresh as the guest makes them with fresh batter that we make fresh every morning.
Town of Kent, Connecticut, has a long history, Appalachian Trail, is one many interesting sites, and we must say thank you came a long way, and as you say a "Quick Cross Country Trip" and thank you for you nice review and come back.

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bloomington, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here en route to our home after a two week vacation. I used points to reserve a room for two adults and one child. The room type was a king bed, but since it let me reserve the room for three people, I mistakenly assumed that there would be a sofabed or rollaway available. Wrong.

The young man on duty that evening did his best, but was obviously overwhelmed by the guests. The place was sold out, and there were no rollaways. The security guy finally took charge of the situation, and our daughter ended up sleeping on a chair with two footstools lined up. Kind of like a narrow cot that threatened to separate into three pieces if you moved too much. She did fine, and obviously this is a first world problem. Just kind of frustrated that the hotel website allows you to book a room for three, when there is only bedding for two.

The young man on duty told me they would refund my points, although nothing has happened yet. I was not angry as I have found this doesn't usually improve the experience. Just disappointed in how the website and hotel handled everything.

The hotel is conveniently located right off of I-40 and the breakfast was standard Hampton Inn. I would stay here again if traveling through, just make sure I knew what I was reserving before I showed up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wow, I can see by your information llliniwek66 Bloomington, IL that you have reviewed 79 hotels, you are an experienced traveler and you did make some valid points regarding the web-site. I do sympathize with your daughter sleeping on a chair we are sure she did not sleep well at all. Please call me or Tim our AGM to make sure that your points are refunded back to you. We fell short of the mark. We shared this review with all our desk agents and it was Embarrassing for them, but we all fell short of what you would expect from us. Please give us another chance to prove our desire to meet all your expectations.

Hotel Phone: 505-837-9300
Van Buren, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Easy access from I-40. Good, clean and quiet hotel. Nice room. Comfortable beds. Breakfast was ok. Loved the wheat bread though! Good location. Just an overnight stay - we didn't even turn on the TV. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you so much, TKrockson, from Van Buren, Arkansas, you have such a Historic city, with the beautiful King Opera House and the Arkansas - Missouri Excursion Train. And such beautiful State Parks, such as Devils Den State Park, and Lake Fort Smith State Park, Nestled in a scenic valley of the Boston Mountain Range of the Ozark Mountains. In New Mexico The Land of Enchantment, we have lots to see also, here in Albuquerque, we have a great train, the Rail Runner, that leaves Albuquerque and goes to Santa Fe, our state capital. Thank you again for such a nice review, our staff is happy you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back, it seems we are getting more folks from Arkansas, the more the better. Thank you if you come back give me a call at the hotel, 505-837-9300, I will be happy to tell you more of our great state.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent one night, taking off from I-40, and everything worked just like it's supposed to. It was easy access from the expressway, there was a good restaurant (Rudy's) across the street, the requested top-floor/ quiet room was delivered, the breakfast was very good, the internet worked, check-in and check-out was quick--all the essentials for an overnight stay. Very simply, we were happy with our stop!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Good Day, 22 explorer 22, from Fayetteville, Arkansas, home of University of Arkansas Razorbacks, the University of Arkansas is one of the top 10 sports towns in the US.
We want to thank you for the great review of our hotel, we as a Hilton Brand want to be sure all of our guests are happy with all we offer, and we have to agree with you Rudy's BBQ, is a good place to eat. Please if you find you will be back please give me a call at the hotel 505-837-9300, as with all reviews we will post this for our employee's.
Your Host:
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days, and are sorry to leave it, we enjoyed the stay, the evening staff was nice, Tim the assistant manager was the best, he knows how to take care of guests from the start, he checked us in and was there a few days later to check us out and as always asked if he could do more for us. The breakfast was what you expect from a well run hotel, and Tim knows how to run the hotel. We will be back because of Tim, Sorry to Leave Tim.

Room Tip: we stayed on the third floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
You sure made our day Sam H, from Farmington, and yes Tim, does one heck of a great job for the hotel he is respected and liked by all the staff, Tim has a bright future ahead of him. Farmington New Mexico is one of our main source of business for our hotel, the hotel is also a very pround member of the Chamber of Commerce. I have sent your review to the executives of our company. Please when you are ready to return please call me at the hotel at 505-837-9300 ask for me, will be happy to have a cup of coffee with you. And again thank you for your kind comments about Tim.

Chester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived very late and were given a warm welcome and several bottles of water which we greatly appreciated because of the low humidity and very dry air. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was great. We were so glad to have a nice place to stay after such a long day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much Marthamoldova, all the way from Chester Virgina, Chester Station was a very famous scene during the American Civil War. Lots of History there, thank you for you kind words, and yes it has bee a very hot dry summer for us in New Mexico, and we do our best to our best and we are happy you enjoyed the water. We hope you return again soon, our fall is the best time to come to Albuquerque. Thank you again.

Wynnewood, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

First let me say this is the first time I have ever written a review on a hotel, my job requires that I travel frequently. When in Albuquerque, I usually stay at another hotel, but ended up at the Hampton. I am extremely grateful because otherwise I never would have met the wonderful staff at the Hampton.Inn. Upon arrival we were greeted by Alex and Ramona who were both smiling and cheerful as they checked us in. They instantly made us feel at home and provided fantastic customer service during our stay.The hotel was very clean, breakfast was awesome and all the staff I encountered including housekeeping were so helpful. From now on when in Albuquerque the Hampton Inn University Midtown will be my home away from home. I wish we could clone Alex from the front desk, I need an assistant like him! Kudos to the staff and management.

Room Tip: The rooms are very quite, despite out side noise. We were on the first floor and never once heard an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Good day, Pamela A, from Wynnewood Oklahoma, in Garvin County, thank you for the kind comments on Alex and Ramona, and we are at work trying to clone Alex. And thank you for booking your next stay, just in case you are not a Hilton Honors member please let us help you become one. And good luck to your Wynnewood Football Team, when I think of Oklahoma, I think of all the great players that come from Oklahoma, when you return please let me know will be happy to talks with you and thank you for the kind review. You sure made our day.
You can call the hotel at 505-837-9300, ask for Joe.
Director of Sales

Been to Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque? Share your experiences!