“I Loved staying there...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10% with AAA
Ranked #8 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
USA
“I Loved staying there...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

it was late at night, I was tired - and I was looking for a clean affordable place to sleep. I am very picky with everything and I would have gone to another place if I thought this was dirty, unsafe, over-priced and the like... I checked out the room before I went in and I was very pleased, slept well - and it was clean.

The drain in the shower did not work all perfectly but overall I enjoyed staying there for a reasonable price.

Breakfast was humble but they had plenty of coffee - and the continental breakfast items.

I will come back given of course the opportunity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bayfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Decided to stay at Hampton Inn, since the other hotel chain we frequented has not been very clean lately. When I opened the door to the room, my reaction was WOW! The room had exceptionally well-appointed furnishings, bright lighting, a built-in desk, a ceiling night-light feature above the desk/armoir piece, quiet heating/AC unit, and even a lap desk to use in bed. The thing that impressed me the most was the fact that the duvet cover was changed after each guest. (The first thing we normally do is take off the bedspread, but that was not necessary here.) The crisp, ironed bed linens and immaculate bathroom added to our very comfortable, pleasant stay. Will be staying at Hampton Inns from now on and at this Hampton Inn whenever we're in Albuquerque again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Coggeshall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We arrived here late one evening on a Road Trip across the USA. There were only a few rooms left but we managed to get a top floor room but facing the road. The manager was very friendly and advised us on a local BBQ joint across the road.

When we went to our room we were both very impressed with the size and cleanliness. It was a very hot day and our rooms air con unit didn't work which did mean opening the windows. The road noise was noticable but didn't really bother us as we had just driving from Las Vegas that day and would have probably slept through an earthquake!

In the morning we went downstairs to the breakfast room and enjoyed what was on offer. not bad considering it was included in the price.

The location is ideal if travelling through Albequerque but I'm not sure how good it would be if you wanted to be more central.

Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the main road as road noise may be an issue with some people.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stopped here during our cross-country trip to move our daughter. After many many hours of driving, it was wonderful to lay on the comfortable beds and get a good night's sleep. We chose this hotel because of the reviews on Tripadvisor.com and are very pleased that we found this Hampton Inn to be true to the reviews. The room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Roswell, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton in July 2012 with our 2 grandchildren. This place is first class - the room was very large, the furniture was beautiful, the bed and bedding was so comfortable, very clean, great amenities. The staff at the check in, Ramona and Jennifer went above and beyond in making sure we were taken care of. We had a problem with our TV and the manager came up and spent about 15 minutes working on it and got it going. Then he sent another staff member with some popped popcorn for our grandkids. I recently recommended it to 2 elderly sisters and they said they felt like they were at the Taj Mahal! Awesome full breakfast! I don't know why anyone would write anything negative - it was the best hotel experience we've ever had!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We drive from Oklahoma to Las Vegas and always stay the night halfway in Albuquerque. I booked this through Hotels.com and had a good experience using them. I really like how you can view the map for locations, prices, photos and even the trip advisor ratings…which I always depend on. This hotel is small, but has the necessary things you need. The room is a little small, but nicely equipped. It’s easy to get to, but getting out is a little confusing due to the one way entrance; then you have to go all the way around a neighborhood to get out and back to the Interstate. I was on the 1st floor and was uncomfortable with the sliding huge glass window that had a small and slightly unsecure latch. I felt it should have had a bar in the glide track for security; these windows are like sliding glass patio doors. It was a little uncomfortable for 2 females staying alone in the room. Staff was nice and the breakfast was OK. They scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage and place it on day old bagels and served them that way with the cheese melted on top. It would have been better off if they would just have served it separately and let you make your own…I wasn’t a fan of that.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the second floor for a more secure room due to the large windows locking issues.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque? Share your experiences!