“Nice running” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Hydro, OK
“Nice running”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was a great hotel. Location is easy to find close to Interstate but not noisy at all. Being a runner I love to find hotels with easy access running trails. This Hampton sits along a drainage canal that has a paved bicycle and running trail for a great run. It was very clean although it was difficult to get seating at breakfast in the morning. However the staff did an excellent job of cleaning tables and stocking food during the rush hour. Pool was on west side of hotel so out of sun in the afternoon. Somebody wasn't thinking about afternoon sun bathers!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Julia M, General Manager at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn University/Midtown in Albuquerque during your travels. As the General Manager of the hotel, I try to get out and meet our guests. Unfortunately I am not able to meet everyone. I do appreciate you choosing our hotel and I wanted to send you a note and thank you for your loyalty to Hilton.

The entire staff strives to give you the most comfortable, productive and problem free stay as we can. In fact, we want your stay to be perfect! If we could have done anything better, I want to know. Please do not hesitate to call me or email me. If your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, I truly hope that you choose to stay with us again!

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Southern US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Good: Excellent Breakfast, Very Good Employees, Nicely decorated, fairly new
The Bad: Difficult Access from roads, THIN WALLS

This is a nice place with very engaged staff. It's a typical newer hampton in terms of look and decor. The breakfast bar was very, very good for a free add on. There was a great selection at breakfast with lots of fresh fruit and friendly staff. The gym was very good with excellent equipment. The hotel is fairly well located for the area.

The access to the hotel is very difficult with a badly marked, very small, one way road. Leaving the hotel you are forced out the back way through an odd collection of neighborhood roads.

The walls of the rooms are seriously thin and under insulated. I could hear televisions and regular conversations from the rooms on both sides of mine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Julia M, General Manager at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Greetings,

I understand you had some issues during your stay! I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and appreciate that you brought this to my attention. This is no way we represent the product and value your feedback. I would also like to extend to you that if your travels bring you back to Albuquerque please call me personally or email me and I will make sure you have a problem free stay!

El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Extraordinarily clean rooms, bathrooms, lobby, breakfast area, workout room and pool area. Stayed two nights with three kids. Kids loved the well maintained pool. It was a nice outdoor family environment without a lot of extra unnecessary frills. The beds were very comfortable, and the room decor is new, updated and cozy. Great new flat screen tv! The wifi was a bit slow, but it didn't stop us from using it extensively. We had room service which was reasonably priced and had an extensive selection. Lots of good places to eat near by which were not just the usual fast food. We actually had Vietnamese food at a little place that's less than a mile away. We had the complimentary breakfast at the hotel, though. The selection was very good with fresh cut fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereals, waffles (the kind you make in the waffle iron yourself). They also have four types of coffee, juice, hot water for tea, you get the picture...you won't go hungry.
The staff was friendly, polite, and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed one night passing through and I thought this hotel was very nice. We were on the 3rd floor and the view of the mountains was very pretty. Very clean, bed very comfy. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
Julia M, General Manager at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 18, 2012

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

This Hampton Inn is in line with others of the same brand, which I normally highly recommend. However, in this case I suggest you look elsewhere. The property is on a one-way drive immediately off the freeway. To get back onto the main road, or the freeway, you've got to drive around bit. It's a real hassle because you simply cannot quickly get where you need to go.

Second, and way more important, there is absolutely no sound insulation in the rooms. Stayed two nights and didn't sleep a wink due to the freeway that is right outside the window. Worse yet, I could hear every excruciating detail of my neighbor's morning ritual...if you know what I mean...and I do mean EVERY detail.

Staff was friendly, breakfast was adequate. Breakfast nook was a bit tight. Coffee bar is situated immediately across the walkway from the front desk, so it gets congested in the morning. Fitness center had a stationary bike, an elliptical machine, and a treadmill, all of which looked rather new. My king sized bed wasn't particularly comfortable.

All in all, recommend you pass this one up.

Stayed July 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We love Hampton Inns and this one was great. Nice room, great staff and a very good value. We would stay here again. Nicely appointed rooms and a good location if you are traveling on I-40.

Room Tip: When exiting I-40 it is tricky to turn in and we missed the turn. Watch for a small Hampton sign an...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Belen, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton, as our house was being painted. I waited in the lobby for my husband to come pick me up in the lobby as I have a hard time walking. I was getting coffee for my husband, when I heard the front desk person, here name was Ramona, she was on the phone with a smug look on her face and was loud enough for all to hear, that she is training yet one more manager. She said they should pay her extra as she ends up doing all the work anyway. I told my husband about it and he said I would not like to work there with that person. The hotel is clean and the rest of the staff was nice. It was just her.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque? Share your experiences!