“Cozy and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“Cozy and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

When we walked in we checked in and got prompt service, wasn't as attentive as we would have liked it, though. When we got to our rooms we were pleased with the cleanliness and comfort. It was a nice value. This was a adequate place for kids activities. It only had a pool that wasn't deep at all and hot tub, which I enjoyed. This hotel enjoys free high speed internet and has connecting rooms. The room service obviously did a good job with our room. It was quite a nice place to sleep. However, if you are looking for better kids activities, this place is not for you. Try the Radisson, which has a waterpark and a 9 feet deep pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Not a friendly staff. I asked a woman at the front desk how much money do I need to do laundry, she answered I do not do laundry here..... The machines at the laundry room ask less money that she asked, she said: the machines at the laundry room are old .......
I also smelled chocolate either chocolate brownies or cookies, when I asked the same woman: Is somebody baking cookies, she responded we do not bake on week-ends. It was very obvious that somebody was baking. What a terrible attitude!
By the way when we arrived no one told us about the 100% Hampton Guarantee.
We cancelled the second night!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stopped here late while traveling across NM. Comfy beds, clean and great breakfast for $85. We were very pleased!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here one night because I could not get my first night at my conference hotel. It is easy to drive into the hotel property but very confusing when you want to leave. My reservation was for a nonsmoking room and was made through Hampton Inn. When I checked in the desk clerk just gave me my room key without telling me that it was a smoking room. Before I even got to the smoking rooms I could smell the smoking stench. Thinking that the stench was just in the hallway I continued on to my room. My room was equally bad. I went to the desk to complain about the stench and the desk clerk's comment was "Well it's a smoking room" as though that was what I had requested. I told her that I had reserved a nonsmoking room she replied "We don't have any other rooms with two beds" as though there were nonsmoking rooms with one bed. I replied that I did not care if there were two beds, I cared if it was nonsmoking. She then told me that there no rooms available. I asked if there was something she could do since I know some hotels have machines that they can put in the room. She said yes and went to the back. The other desk clerk came up and asked her what she was looking for; she said Febreze. The other desk clerk said they were out. When I asked if there was anything they could do she said I could open the window and turn on the air conditioning. It was cold enough that there was frost on my windshield the next morning so this was not a great suggestion. If I was sure that I could have gotten a room at another hotel I would have checked out and gone elsewhere. When I checked out the next morning the desk clerk asked how my stay was; I told her other than the smoking stench it was great and that the desk clerks the previous evening had not been very helpful. The manager came out about that time and profusely apologized. He stated that he knew the seven smoking rooms were problematic and has tried to convince the owner to make the entire hotel smokefree. He comped my room and so turned a very negative experience into a positive one.

Room Tip: Nonsmoking as far away from smoking as possible
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Far West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Have stayed in Hampton Inns many times before and am never disappointed. This one is no exception with clean rooms, wonderful beds and bedding, apples and tea/coffee and cookies available all day long, free business center which includes printer, paper, pencils, paper clips, computer -- you name it. This one, too, had a better breakfast than most. Absolutely no problems here!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
MCPHERSON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We found the Hampton Inn in Albuquerque to be pleasant and comfortable. Front desk staff was unfailingly courteous and friendly. The breakfast area was pleasant and the food was generous and tasty.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

The hotel was very comfortable and clean. The beds are comfortable and the breakfast was good. Difficult to get to at first but close to everything.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque? Share your experiences!