“Hyatt Place Uptown” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Hyatt Place Uptown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This casual hotel has a good 'uptown' Albuquerque location. Services here are more limited, but there are restaurants and shopping nearby. Room had ample space and fair quality amenities. For mid-range hotel, this is the place to stay in Uptown.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Uptown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Shehnaz Mehta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We picked this place because it's within walking distance to the uptown shopping area and it's in a newer part of town
It was nice to walk across the street to restaurants and shopping and be in a newer area
We have in the past stayed at the nicest four diamond hotels in Albuquerque but the bar isn't set very high here, not to mention bad locations and had terrible experiences, so we learned our lesson and chose based on location this time
Couple things they do have a small bar, beer and wine only and you are not allowed to bring it up to your room
No room service
The air conditioner rattled all night long
We stayed on the 6th floor but the ice machine is on the 5th HELLO STAIRS!
Our room was pretty big, it had a couch, 40in flat panel tv, bar sink with fridge and several divider walls making it feel larger and more comfortable
It was clean and we'll kept except our bedding was not changed and was filthy, we got in late and discovered it the next morning GROSS!! My wife took pics it was that bad.
Small morning breakfast, but u are better off eating out
I would stay here again, just check the bedding before u sleep in it
Last of all the pricing is excellent, very affordable!

Room Tip: Just ask for the biggest room, they are affordable so go big!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry about the linen issue you experienced. Your comments will help us provide better service.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. It was easy to get to and affordable. Easy access to and from the highway. The room was spacious, clean, decent décor, free parking, free breakfast, within walking distance of shops and restaurants. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. See you again soon.

Irvine CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel just one night while driving through Albuquerque. We stayed here before and thought the hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice and accomodating. I highly recommend it. It's in a very nice area and close to the interstate.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is fine--clean, friendly staff, decent location, reasonable breakfast--would have gotten 4 circles, if I weren't disabled. But it is not really handicapped accessible if you're in a wheelchair. Luckily on this trip, I was in remission and using a rollator, but even then, it wasn't easy. We would have gone to a different hotel if I had needed my wheelchair.

The room had minimal accommodations--a peep-hole in the middle of the door, the only hanging rack in the closet at half-height (what happens when a disabled person is travelling with an able-bodied companion?) a larger door to the bathroom, a wheel-in shower instead of a tub and grab bars. Sounds good? Not so.

Bathroom:
Toilet is not ADA height, grab bars are far too high on the wall to facilitate a transfer from a wheelchair, sink is at high standing height and is toward the back of the cabinet--unusable in my rollator--I had to stand. The shower has absolutely no traction on the floor. Didn't realize that until I turned on the water and took a step. If I didn't have a lot of upper body strength to grab onto the grab bars, I would have been on the floor in less than a second--more slippery than smooth wet ice. Because the floor was angled toward the drain and the shower is large, it was difficult for me to get out of the shower to the bath mat I had placed outside the shower. The shower is a lawsuit waiting to happen. A towel on the floor of the shower allowed my husband and me to shower--as long as we stayed on the towel.

Kitchen
No accommodation, except the table and chairs were removed (and there would have been room for a wheelchair if they had left them, which would have supplied more seating). Sink, like bathroom, was high standing height and unusable from a wheelchair.

Living area
They left a huge 3' x 3' ottoman, which made it next to impossible to get to the couch (we had them remove it). The couch was too low for easy transfer from a wheelchair or easy standing for someone with any mobility problems, and the ottoman was too high to be comfortable). My 6'2" husband couldn't get up from the couch without a lot of effort and he is able-bodied. That left only the desk chair to sit in. The desk clerk wasn't responsive when my husband asked for a second chair our first night, but the manager supplied us with one when he asked again the next morning.

Again, if you're not disabled, it's a fine place to stay, easily 4 circles. If you're in a wheelchair, you need to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you're in a wheelchair, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Uptown, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your candid comments--this will assist us in providing better service to our customers. I am sorry for the inconvenience you were caused during your stay.

Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

If you are looking for a place that is handy to all things shopping and eating....stop looking and start booking. This location is literally a few steps from the UPTOWN shopping area. Resturants abound in and around the area. The hotel itself is great. Rooms are very spacious (i had a family of 5 in a room and we were quite comfortable) Breakfast area is outstanding with great hot and cold foods. It is easy on and off from I-40 and once your back on I-40 it is easy to get around to see the sites of the city.The hotel was sold out with sports team (we were with a basketbal group) and never felt overly crowded. We walked to eat and walked to shop....so easy for bigger groups or folks who dont like to drive alot when they finally reach their destination.

Room Tip: 212 was extra large, not sure why but was a good room for us
Thank you.

Rockwall, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This would have been a very good rating except for the manager.

Pros: great location, comfortable room and bed, good breakfast.
Cons: exercise facility is very limited, internet kept dropping out, crass manager.

This was a business trip that was supposed to last from Sunday to Saturday. I had a family emergency and had to leave Thursday. I informed the front desk Wednesday night, and they informed me that there is a 1-day charge for early departures. They said to call the manager in the morning to see if I could get that waived, they seemed sympathetic. I called the manager who had no sympathy for my situation and told me that the charges would be applied.
I contacted Hyatt Place corporate who contacted the manager and they got the same answer.
I informed them that I would find other hotels to stay at in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Uptown, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you were not pleased with our cancellation and early check out policy.

Been to Hyatt Place Uptown? Share your experiences!