“Just like every other Hyatt Place - afforadable and dependable” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #64 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
American in Bogota
“Just like every other Hyatt Place - afforadable and dependable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

All Hyatt Place hotels are exactly the same (some layout, same furnishings, same breakfast, same everything.) This is the third one I've stayed in and I got exactly what I expected at the exact price I would expect to pay. We were satisfied with our experience and had no hiccups. It is located across the street from a nice mall with lovely shopping and it was convenient to all the sights in Albuquerque (5-10 minute drive to old town.) If you are a couple with two small children, I actually prefer the king layout to the double bed layout - you have a bit more room to maneuver and the pullout couch is more than sufficient for small children.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Uptown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
So sorry about the late response but I personally wanted to say Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you agin in the future.

Take care

Shehnaz mehta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Edwardsville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Each year my husband and I spend several nights here, and we've never been disappointed. It is beginning to look like it is going to need some attention with updating, but the large rooms, comfortable beds and clever arrangement of the floor plan keeps us coming back. The staff is always very courteous, the breakfast is good, and we especially like the uptown location. Within walking distance is wonderful outdoor shopping and many quality restaurants. Altogether, a great experience.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Uptown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thahnk you for your kind coments. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Having stayed at Several Hyatt Places, this one is acceptable...needs to be spruced up a bit, and they should probably replace the windows.

Its a nice all suite hotel chain, some locations better than others. This one is in a nice part of town, right across from great food and a Trader Joes. Fairly cheap price...not much else to say.

Nice staff, Clean-ish room (carpet was a little dirty)...I slept well and then left ;-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your candid commenst. We will ensure that a little attention to detail is implemented when checking rooms for dust etc.

Tahnk you

El Paso, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed here two nights and were very happy with the hotel. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing we did not like about the room was the bathroom, it was small and dark, but it was clean.

The breakfast at the hotel is also very good. It is much better than most hotel breakfasts. You could tell they really used good quality ingredients and not the usual store brand frozen foods and juices most hotels in this price-point use. They had Tazo teas and Starbucks coffee too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Two couples on a road trip needed a base for two nites in ABQ. Spouse and I live in NM and come to ABQ every 2-3 months and have stayed in properties all over the city, largely chosen because of their proximity to errands/appointments we have. This time, however, we were bringing relatives from out of state with us and the location was great. Got a good rate and that was nice. This used to be an AmeriSuites and has been converted. We had a huge room on the 4th floor, facing north. The living area was fine except for the couch which is well past its use by date - hump sprung. Also, every (and I mean every) horizontal surface in the room needs to be dusted and polished. We were two rooms away from elevator but heard it clearly. You could even hear it near the front door of the lobby! Breakfast was a bit chaotic which is not how I like to start my days. The overall experience was good due to helpful staff, size of room, rate and location. A few tweaks by management and I will up my ranking! Just wish they allowed dogs.

Room Tip: Ask to be far from elevator so you don't hear it whirring all night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lees Summit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I found the Hyatt Place Uptown to be average in the places it counts, the rooms but it earns an extra point for the breakfast and common areas.

This was my first visit to ABQ and was put up at the Hyatt (on business). The lobby and desk staff are great. The lobby is modern and comfortable. The staff gave me a quick tour upon my arrival and were very helpful. The included breakfast is above average especially the hot options (waffles or french toast, breakfast sandwiches).

However, the room, while spacious, left some things to be desired. I had some trouble connecting to the wifi (in the middle of the third floor), the hall noise was distracting, and the shower left much to be desired. The faucet of the shower did not work well and took some time to warm up. When turning it off it made a loud thunk (as did the neighbors, I heard it every morning).

I did like (although I did not use) the AV panel allowing connection of personal devices to the large TV. I also found the sitting area usual in getting some business work done in the room without feeling cramped.

Overall, the property is nice and I likely simply got a bad room assignment but I would explore other options next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room away from the elevator (they are noisy and slow), south facing rooms have a be...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012 and found all aspects of this hotel to my liking. My enjoyment of the well-organised and clean facilities was further enhanced by the excellent customer service I received at all times from the staff on duty. I particularly enjoyed the range and quality of the foods offered free at breakfast daily.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor adjacent to a service door and also a public exit. This resulted in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your response. Please come back and visit us again the next time you are in Albuquerque.

Shehnaz Mehta
Area Manager

Been to Hyatt Place Uptown? Share your experiences!