“Sixt overnight stay (Driving Route 66 from Chicago to LA)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #44 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Bergen, Norway
“Sixt overnight stay (Driving Route 66 from Chicago to LA)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Quality of room as expected ,and all required additional Equipment in the room working fine. Comfortable beds. Train running nearby, and blowing their whistle all night can be annoying, but not really a consern. All in all, a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future. Shelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Went to shower in the morning and found my clothes and shoes wet. They have a water leak from the ceiling and they denied it. I went back to speak with management but she was currently on an hour conference call. Wow! They don't care about their guests.
Horrible experience.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
I do care very much about our guests. If I had known you were coming back to the hotel at the time you did, I would have done everything I could to have changed my conference call. I do apologize for this. I also did not get the message to call you until I arrived at work this morning. It had been placed in my box downstairs and never physically given to me. We have done some investigating into this and have found that no there was not a leak from anywhere above. Ceilings were completely dry, and plumbing completely intact. I am aware that the carpet was wet and have found there is a good possibility that the water actually came from the level you were on. I have given you a refund for one nights stay. I realize that this is after the fact and it should have been taken care of immediately but I did not get the message to return your call. If you would still like to speak with me, please give me a call. Shelli
Durango, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The room was very comfortable, and had a nice large bathroom. The staff and service was very good. Breakfast was unusually good for a small motel, and Adela at breakfast was a sweetheart and very helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for your comments and I am glad we were able to provide you with a good stay. I will pass on your comments to Adela as she will appreciate hearing them. Shelli
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were pleased to find a reasonably priced room. Didn't expect to find the following: broken bathroom door that would not shut, cracked and pealing ceiling in bathroom, and terrible intermittent noise from air conditioner. Also, sofa was stained. Called maintenance, friendly, but told couldn't fix. Called front desk and was told they would try and get us another room. Had to leave for concert, upon return, entered front door and could not find anyone at front desk ( it was about 11 pm). Gave up and went back to room, made some adjustments and got reasonable night of sleep. Comfort Inn management should be appalled by their lack of upkeep of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for the items you mentioned in your comments. I will look into all of your accusations right away and follow through with any items needing attention. I do appreciate your letting us know of your findings so we are able to get on top of this right away. Shelli
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here on business. It is a good Comfort Inn, although at the time of our stay the staff left a little to be desired. Not your typical Choice Hotel friendliness. The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable and the bed didn't kill me which is rare. The only bummer about the room was no fridge. We just adapted and used a cooler in one room that we bought ice for. Wasn't a big deal and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We appreciate all responses so we know what areas we need to focus on. I appreciate your mentioning about the staff so I am able to get them turned around and get them back to where they need to be. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Shelli
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

On our recent journey back from a Michigan NASCAR race, coupled with visits with relatives and a stint along the Lake Michigan shoreline, our RV suffered a catastrophic axle failure as we descended into Albuquerque after a long climb out of the Texas panhandle. After sitting at the I-40 W, San Mateo exit (162 mile marker) for a day and then some waiting for the proper tow equipment to move the RV, we first stayed at a motel near a truck stop along I-25 that left practically everything to be desired, unfulfilled.
As the 4th of July holiday approached, we were informed that an axle would have to be built and shipped from CO., and would not arrive for 3 1/2 to 4 days. Thoroughly unsatisfied with our first lodgings, we rented a car and moved our essentials to the Comfort Inn and Suites on Signal Ave., just off of I-25 at Alameda.
Upon our arrival, we were greeted by very professional staff who checked us in in very short order. The accommodations were well appointed, clean, and adequately stocked. Upon venturing down to the breakfast area my first morning, I was greeted by a hive of activity, and the General Manager who politely informed me that bare feet do not comport with state laws regarding food service areas. Upon my return, now shod in combat boots, I took immediate note of the clean environment provided, ample fresh scrambled eggs, sausage links, a nice variety of breadstuffs, donuts and pastries, juices, whole and low fat milk ( I am a skim milk sort of fella actually), fresh coffee, yoghurt, cold and hot cereals, all attended to by a very cheerful (and busy) breakfast hostess (Adela), who was assisted by the G.M., ensuring client satisfaction.
As our stay extended to two weeks due to repair 'issues' with the RV, we were able to observe staff in action beyond the average stay. I must say that I found all to be helpful, from the top, front desk, down through the housekeepers, to the maintenance person (Brian).
As with any non stop operation like this, there were, from time to time, issues that arose requiring attention by staff, and they met those issues head on, attending to each in short order. Having some personal experience with front and back of house ops (hotel/culinary arts background) I was able to observe and critique from a slightly unique position, and overall, I'd have to say that I would have to grade Signal Ave. Comfort Inn and Suites high on any scale.
If you do happen to stay there, note that there are several dining establishments nearby including, B.K., Chic Fil A, Cracker Barrel, Denny's, Boston Market, Outback Steakhouse, and Texas Roadhouse just to name a few.
I'd strongly recommend this hotel to any and all, and give staff an "A". Your experience may differ, but I doubt it. Try 'em, you'll like 'em.

Room Tip: The third floor northerly rooms (west of the entrance) have nice views looking out over NW Albuquerq...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We really enjoyed having you stay with us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to get to know you. I am still jealous you went to the NASCAR race. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future and I will pass on your comments to Adela. Shelli
Irving
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling alone with my four children. My husband had booked this hotel for us. It is very hard to find a reasonable room to fit five, but this Comfort Inn provided a rollaway. When I asked the concierge, Diedre, if we could use one, she wasn't sure if they had one available, so she personally hunted one down for us and brought it to the room while we were out to dinner. When we asked for an additional bath towel, another employee brought us 3 more. All the staff we met were kind and courteous and eagerly willing to help us.

We took advantage of the indoor swimming pool, which was clean and well maintained, with up-to-date safety equipment readily available in case of need. They even had a lift installed to assist persons with disabilities to enter the pool!

The room and bath were clean and nicely appointed.

We found the included breakfast adequate with hard or scrambled eggs, sausage, make-your-own Belgian waffles, oatmeal, dry cereals, muffins, yogurt, fruit, milk and juices, coffee, hot tea, etc.

Overall a very satisfying experience. If we ever go to the Albuquerque area again, we will definitely stay there.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that Deidre was able to help you out with everything you needed. I will definitely pass your comments on to her. We would love for you to come and stay with us again. Shelli

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!