“Decent Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Overland Park, Kansas
“Decent Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here on business. It is a good Comfort Inn, although at the time of our stay the staff left a little to be desired. Not your typical Choice Hotel friendliness. The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable and the bed didn't kill me which is rare. The only bummer about the room was no fridge. We just adapted and used a cooler in one room that we bought ice for. Wasn't a big deal and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We appreciate all responses so we know what areas we need to focus on. I appreciate your mentioning about the staff so I am able to get them turned around and get them back to where they need to be. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Shelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

On our recent journey back from a Michigan NASCAR race, coupled with visits with relatives and a stint along the Lake Michigan shoreline, our RV suffered a catastrophic axle failure as we descended into Albuquerque after a long climb out of the Texas panhandle. After sitting at the I-40 W, San Mateo exit (162 mile marker) for a day and then some waiting for the proper tow equipment to move the RV, we first stayed at a motel near a truck stop along I-25 that left practically everything to be desired, unfulfilled.
As the 4th of July holiday approached, we were informed that an axle would have to be built and shipped from CO., and would not arrive for 3 1/2 to 4 days. Thoroughly unsatisfied with our first lodgings, we rented a car and moved our essentials to the Comfort Inn and Suites on Signal Ave., just off of I-25 at Alameda.
Upon our arrival, we were greeted by very professional staff who checked us in in very short order. The accommodations were well appointed, clean, and adequately stocked. Upon venturing down to the breakfast area my first morning, I was greeted by a hive of activity, and the General Manager who politely informed me that bare feet do not comport with state laws regarding food service areas. Upon my return, now shod in combat boots, I took immediate note of the clean environment provided, ample fresh scrambled eggs, sausage links, a nice variety of breadstuffs, donuts and pastries, juices, whole and low fat milk ( I am a skim milk sort of fella actually), fresh coffee, yoghurt, cold and hot cereals, all attended to by a very cheerful (and busy) breakfast hostess (Adela), who was assisted by the G.M., ensuring client satisfaction.
As our stay extended to two weeks due to repair 'issues' with the RV, we were able to observe staff in action beyond the average stay. I must say that I found all to be helpful, from the top, front desk, down through the housekeepers, to the maintenance person (Brian).
As with any non stop operation like this, there were, from time to time, issues that arose requiring attention by staff, and they met those issues head on, attending to each in short order. Having some personal experience with front and back of house ops (hotel/culinary arts background) I was able to observe and critique from a slightly unique position, and overall, I'd have to say that I would have to grade Signal Ave. Comfort Inn and Suites high on any scale.
If you do happen to stay there, note that there are several dining establishments nearby including, B.K., Chic Fil A, Cracker Barrel, Denny's, Boston Market, Outback Steakhouse, and Texas Roadhouse just to name a few.
I'd strongly recommend this hotel to any and all, and give staff an "A". Your experience may differ, but I doubt it. Try 'em, you'll like 'em.

Room Tip: The third floor northerly rooms (west of the entrance) have nice views looking out over NW Albuquerq...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We really enjoyed having you stay with us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to get to know you. I am still jealous you went to the NASCAR race. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future and I will pass on your comments to Adela. Shelli
Irving
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I was traveling alone with my four children. My husband had booked this hotel for us. It is very hard to find a reasonable room to fit five, but this Comfort Inn provided a rollaway. When I asked the concierge, Diedre, if we could use one, she wasn't sure if they had one available, so she personally hunted one down for us and brought it to the room while we were out to dinner. When we asked for an additional bath towel, another employee brought us 3 more. All the staff we met were kind and courteous and eagerly willing to help us.

We took advantage of the indoor swimming pool, which was clean and well maintained, with up-to-date safety equipment readily available in case of need. They even had a lift installed to assist persons with disabilities to enter the pool!

The room and bath were clean and nicely appointed.

We found the included breakfast adequate with hard or scrambled eggs, sausage, make-your-own Belgian waffles, oatmeal, dry cereals, muffins, yogurt, fruit, milk and juices, coffee, hot tea, etc.

Overall a very satisfying experience. If we ever go to the Albuquerque area again, we will definitely stay there.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad that Deidre was able to help you out with everything you needed. I will definitely pass your comments on to her. We would love for you to come and stay with us again. Shelli
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Check in was a challenge at first but desk clerk and GM immediately corrected the problem. Very friendly and helpful young lady at front desk. Gave 4 stars only because the bed was horrible! So soft and spongy you could easily roll off bed if to close to edge. Needless to say my wife and I didn't get much sleep after driving for 12 hours.

Room was spotless, kudosos to housekeeping.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your response and we are appreciate your noticing how clean your room was. We are currently getting new mattresses and box springs for our rooms, unfortunately it is only a few rooms at a time. I do hope you stay with us again so we are able to put you in a room with new mattresses. Shelli
Eagle Nest, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I enjoyed my stay. It was my first time to stay at this choice hotel. I have stayed in other choice hotels in Albuquerque, This was among the best. The young lady at the front desk is a very good asset for the hotel. Breakfast was in line with other hotels. The room was very,very nice

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate knowing that the efforts of my team are recognized. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your comments to Lynette at the front desk. We hope to see you in the future at our hotel. Shelli
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The visit got off to a great start thanks to a warm welcome from Tessie on the front desk. I had requested a ground floor room but as she only had rooms on upper floors she apologised and promptly upgraded me to a ground floor suite. Very spacious room and well appointed to justify the "comfort" part of the hotel chain" name. Easily accessible from the interstate highways. A really good deal via from Trivago made this choice excellent value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I will let Tessie know of your comments. She will be thrilled that someone noticed her efforts. We are glad you enjoyed the upgrade and were able to stay on your requested floor. We hope to have you stay with us again. Shelli
Borger, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

During our travels from Borger Texas To Rathdrum, Idaho. I was surprised the hotels we stayed at were even associated with Choice Hotels.

OUR STAYS:

QUALITY INN 6/1/2014
Belgrade Montana

The room smelled like it had been smoked in and to make things worse the air conditioner didn't work. thank goodness it was cool outside and were able to open the window and cool the room down. None of the vending machines on our floor worked. Will not stay there again.

CLARION INN 6/9/2014
1399 Bench Road
Pocatello, Idaho 83201

Clean and comfortable. Great food at the Brass Rail restaurant inside the hotel. The employees were great. Would stay again.

RODEWAY INN-- 6/10/2014
2124 S. Main St.
Delta, Colorado 81416

Right on the main highway lots of road noise, loud rattling air conditioner and had to turn the TV up louder to hear it over the air conditioner. The nob to the shower was broken so it couldn't be changed from shower head to faucet in order to take a bath & there was no drain plug. Vending machine wasn't working properly. Won't stay again.

Comfort Inn & Suites North 6/10/14
5811 Signal Ave.
Albuquerque NM. 87113

Our room wasn't ready yet so they upgraded us to a suite and No road noise!! shower/bath works and smelled clean. Tessie is the best. Awesome hotel. Will stay here again!! :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and we are glad you were finally able to find "comfort" in our Comfort Inn and Suites. We hope the rest of your trip is enjoyable and you stay in some more comfortable Choice Hotels. Shelli

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites North? Share your experiences!