“Exactly what we needed” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6101 Iliff Rd Northwest, Albuquerque, NM 87121   |
Ranked #42 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
“Exactly what we needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Easy check in at 12am; we had been driving all day and we were able to get to our beds quickly and the comfortable beds were easy to sleep in. The only issue was a few dogs in rooms around us that weren't able to stay quite upon their late check in and early check out. Breakfast was perfectly edible and met our needs.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a returning customer and info on file, they know what I require, so I was upgraded to the only suite available. The price was very fair, the location was outstanding as was the room in relation to the parking space.The first time I ever received a suite, I was very surprised by the available space and amenities in the room, the separation of the sleeping area from the rest of the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on the way through town, and there were some pleasant surprises for this class of hotel: mattresses and pillows were great, and the lot is well lit. Rooms look recently renovated, and the layout is also big. The one gripe I had with the room is that is that the door to the bathroom is in two vertical doors that use a ball latch on top instead of a traditional doorknob (think what you would see a lot with a closet). I had to get up in the middle of the night, and the thing is so awkward to shut quietly, I almost woke up my traveling companion. Shower head is decent, and was placed well for me (I'm 6'6"). Breakfast was also a little disappointing compared to comparable hotels in this class; the only hot food option were waffles, and the yogurt cup I got was lumpy (unusual for Yoplait, which I eat regularly). Basically, I feel like this is average to slightly below average as a whole.

• Stayed August 2014
Battle Mountain, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

They did not clean our room daily in five day stay two days the room was not cleaned. not even clean towels we had to move to another floor to receive better maid service. it was reported to management and nothing was done to compensate our inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel needs to be renovated or sold. So many things were below the chain's usual standard: the side entrance I was told to use went by smelly trash, the key cards were reluctant to work until they were tried 4 or 5 times, the pool area was unattractive, outdoor furniture was old and inadequate, slow wifi etc. These were minor compared to the old, badly stained carpet in my room. I couldn't bear to put my bare feet down on the floor space between the two beds and had to place a bath towel there to walk on. The bathroom sink backed up sometime during the night. But, the breakfast was OK and the employees were helpful. The place needs a good fixing up, though--I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for an even-numbered room unless you want the roar of trucks on I-40 all night
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had to switch rooms twice due to the smell of smoke in non-smoking rooms. The wifi did not work, and when we called the front desk we were told the manager knew it wasn't working but refused to get it fixed. When we complained about the wifi upon checking out the front desk person told us we should have called tech support. When traveling on vacation the last thing I want to do is sit on the phone with tech support.

Even though in the ads it says newly renovated, it actually just means new furniture. The rooms were dirty, the water had a brown color, the staff was rude. Basically don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a typical La Quinta. Love that you get a free roll away bed there. Room was a decent size and pool/hot tub were good. Breakfast was fine. I am very pleased with our stay there and would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West? Share your experiences!