“One of the best!!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6101 Iliff Rd Northwest, Albuquerque, NM 87121   |
Ranked #47 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“One of the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Easy access from interstate. Being completely renevated. We had a very nice room. Clean, comfortable, a great bargain for weary travelers. Once again it is the SERVICE that sells! anyone can give you a room to rent. Luis who checked us in not only was as friendly as he was professional, but enthusiastically gave us fantastic service, in spite of the fact they were rather busy. I will only give a 5 star rating if the service is well above expectations, as it was here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Olivehurst, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here because of family but won't stay here again. I realize that this is a pet hotel too and that is fine with me since I have dogs, but mine weren't with me and I didn't appreciate waking up to them running up and down the halls and barking at 6:00 a.m. Either you need more soundproofing or you need to put people with animals on a separate floor. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the rooms.The coffee pot only made one cup at a time and there were only a few packages of coffee. I went downstairs to get a cup of coffee and they didn't have any. They only had ice machines/vending machines on two floors; and one sign said it was on the fourth floor and the other said it was on the first and third floor. I would certainly put one on each floor for people to use. When we went down to breakfast ALL the tables were dirty and there are quite a few of them. No one on staff seemed to be concerned about this at all. We actually wiped a table off to sit down. There was no coffee and it took a while for then to bring another pot. The elevator is extremely slow. And after staying at five different hotels on this trip, this hotel cost more than any of them and was the worst one we stayed at. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. They were also in the stages of renovation but the problems there had nothing to do with the renovation.

Zimmerman, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is nice, and is under construction which must make it a little harder for the staff, but they don't seem to notice, and take every effort to make you feel welcome.
We were traveling with 2 dogs and were excepted without extra charges. We were given a room on fifth floor which was well on it's way to be fully renovated. Fresh paint, nice carpet and clean hall ways went to the room. It smelled faintly of fresh paint even! The elevator had not been renovated yet, and showed bumps and bruises of the old time use, but worked well and was clean within. There was a nice exercise area for pets surrounding the hotel, and it was pretty clean (no dog messes) considering they are dog friendly.
Once inside the room, we did notice that the drapery / blinds were very worn (sun rot) and obviously not replaced yet. the pedestal bed was still "wrapped" in plastic wrap (I think). The amenities were all new with plenty of outlets for the use of computers, and anything else needing charging. Very nice desk in the room as well. Big spacious room with two double beds. Nice prints hanging on the walls, very comfortable. There is a area near the bathroom that has a coffee pot and coffee to brew your own cup(s).
the bathroom was also nice sized. Much more like an apartment then a hotel room. Other then the curtains the only other thing I noticed other then the curtains/ blinds - was that neither the bathroom doors (french door like) nor the actual hotel room door fit correctly. Not even close. BIG Gaps in both of them. In the bathroom there was about an 1" gap between the two doors, so that you could peer out of the bathroom door through the "crack". The outside hallway lighting shone brightly through the gap in the main door. I *did* mention to this to the gal at check out and she said she'd let maintenance know about the doors. I would imagine during renovation that the doors were *all removed* and re-painted (not noting which room(s) they may have come from) an that they were all re-hung, not noticing that the doors didn't fit perfectly. The gal at the desk said that they were having someone come in to the hotel in the near future to fit the hotel with new drapery / window covering.
There was a nice breakfast area with lots to choose from for breakfast. This hotel will be AWESOME when fully renovated. Very nice people working for them too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bedford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We liked the look of the newly renovated room. Unfortunately, the thermostat didn't work so we spent the night in a roasting hot room. They sent someone up to fix it and all they said is that it is indeed broken and they would have to get someone in tomorrow to fix it. They said that there were no other rooms to move us to and she left. We would have opened a window but the hotel Backs up to I-40 which is an extremely noisy highway and there are no screens on the windows which could let bugs in so that wasnt an option. The next morning, after not having slept all night because of the heat, we went down to breakfast where I got to enjoy rotted fruit. We were given a $20 discount for our troubles which I found insulting! I will NEVER stay at a LaQuinta again after this experience. I would be more comfortable in my car.

• Stayed March 2013
AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We appreciate the pet-friendly aspect for sure...but we wont be staying here again. I asked for a suite away from the I-40 side, and while we technically got one, we were on the very west end of the hotel, and the noise at the bedroom window was bad. I had to run the air all nite for noise. I tried the cheap AM/FM radio, but reception was terrible and I could not find a channel to play quietly to mask the traffic noise. The couch was not comfortable to sit at ( we had a separate bedroom ) and there is no other seating. There is no comfortable place to eat a meal really, the tiny "coffee" table was inadequate. Disappointed with the breakfast, no meat option whatsoever. Waffles/yogurt, a nice fruit bowl tho, breads/bagels/juice/coffee. The suite had just been "renovated" but the bathroom is still as it was before the remodel. Just an un-inspiring stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

just outside the town, quiet and security guards on location comfy beds, friendly service very clean going thru remodel
but still quiet,swiming pool and close to restaurants right by I-40 very convienent liked it....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West? Share your experiences!