“Great hotel, comfortable stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #38 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Colorado
“Great hotel, comfortable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn on Friday, October 19th. We were on a road trip and had our dog with us. This hotel is one of the few that take pets. The hotel was great, recently renovated, rooms are comfortable and modern. The lobby was also nice, although breakfast on Saturday was very crowded. Alot of people trying to eat at the same time. The ran out of food several times. The cook was very nice and thanked everyone for staying with them and being understanding while he fixed more. The good news is that it is all fresh made. The bad news is that they run out quickly.

The night we arrived there were several cops in the parking lot - soon realized they were staying there. Although late that night there were a few in the parking lot just hanging around. Made us a bit nervous to leave our car unattended or to take our dog out late night. Just seemed "off".

Staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean. We will stay again. I rated location down because of the police activity.

Room Tip: Away from highway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here two nights for a business trip. The location was very convenient and the staff was excellent. While my room had plenty of space, it was clean, and had all the amenities, it is clearly ready for a modern renovation. This is particularly the case for the bathroom, where a heat lamp operated by a timer dial is still in use. Also, the pillows were not the best. The morning breakfast was good, though. Another very good note was the wireless internet connection, which I used each day--much better connection than many other places I've stayed. Overall, my stay was very good, especially considering the very reasonable price that was under $100 per night. I recommend this Residence Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AvidTraveler57
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Based ourselves here for 11 nights to explore Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and attend the balloon festival. The balloon festival starts very early in the morning and this Residence Inn for the time period of the festival started at 4:30 in the morning for the breakfast buffet. This was sincerely appreciated as we could have breakfast before we hit the road to the festival and take a cofffee with us in the car. Also appreciated was when we returned from the balloon festival around 10:30 in the morning, our room was already made up. I think this Residence Inn knows how to handle the festival week.

Residence Inn close to a Super Walmart where we stopped to pick up 12 pack of Diet Pepsi for the week. Went one night to the Manager's Reception and they had hot dogs and hamburgers--nice!

Everyone very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
STUART
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stay in a lot of Residence Inn properties when we travel on business. On this trip we opted to stay at this property. There was a large contingent of visiting military on this visit so we were upgraded to a penthouse suite. The room was fantastic with a fireplace and loft bedroom, which we did not really need.

The entire staff at this property were all very friendly and engaging. We particularly enjoyed the manager's receptions. We did not need to bother going out to dinner after these well stocked and delicious events. This particular property did not have a liquor license, so no beer or wine was offered. They did have a nice selection of other beverages. We enjoyed the events outside in the nicely landscaped pool and patio area.

The complimentary high speed Internet was easy to connect and offered very good bandwidth. Enough to stream movies if you wished. There are a number of restaurants within easy walking distance from the hotel as well as a Super Walmart just a quarter mile away.

Being adjacent to Interstate 40, we thought that it might be noisy in our room, but this was not the case at all. The room was very quiet and we slept quite well. It was a plus to have easy access to the highway, as the conference we were attending was downtown in the convention center and it took less than 10 minutes to get there, even during rush hour.

We have stayed in a number of properties in the Albuquerque area over the years, and this one will be a definite stay for future trips.

Room Tip: Great place to see the balloons lift off during the fiesta.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed at several Residence Inn properties over the years and as my group consisted of two family couples plus a single, the suite configuration with the upstairs loft bedroom and pull-out sofa was an outstanding "fit" for our extended traveling family. We were most pleased with our stay as "home base" for Balloon Fiesta 2012.

Without delay, I must point out that the staff of this particular property was among the best and most responsive of any hotel I've stayed at. I received emails prior to my check-in with tips and advice for balloon fiesta. Marissa was very pleasant and helpful as we checked in after a long drive from several days in Durango CO. The following morning, Dean managed the breakfast buffet and was a wealth of information on the area and managing the Balloon fiesta experience. When weather (unacceptable wind speed) cancelled the first morning event, he stuck around to chat with EACH guest helping them make alternative sightseeing plans for the day. A tip of the hat as he quickly determined whether museums, shopping or outdoor adventure was appropriate for each guest and he had ideas/ suggestions for everyone. Thanks Dean!

I'm told that a staffmember named Randy is a Native American. He certainly was knowledgeable concerning Old Town and the area historic sites. As mentioned earlier, I was MOST impressed with the talent and responsiveness of this Residence Inn staff.

While afternoons relaxing by the pool were nice, I thought that the maintenance people could have kept the pool spotless. There was a deposit of dirt on the deep end (NOT filthy but noticeable) and I thought the hunter green cushions on the lounge chairs needed a good cleaning. Given the rooms, breakfast, lobby area, etc., this is my only negative comment and was not a grievous problem.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for any stay in Albuquerque; whether business or pleasure!

Room Tip: Our suite was building #7 which I think is a great choice. Adjacent to the pool and a short walk to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here when we attented the state fair. It's very clean and most important the sheets were clean. I liked that I could cook a meal to save some money after the high prices at the fair. My kids swam in the pool while I cooked dinner. We will be coming here again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am a light sleeper and have requests on my Marriott rewards to improve sleep- however they were booked. I was expecting the worse being next to a highway, I was surprised at the noise level, I slept great. (great insulation). The room is very spacious (more than the usual RI) and some rooms have lofts. The best feature of this property is the staff from the manager to the property staff. They all greet you plus they ask if they can be of assistance. This feature makes this a great place- you feel welcomed. I met people that reported the same. I enjoyed the breakfast it had eggs, sausage, roasted potatoes (the real deal- not frozen) waffles and a Sunday paper. The room seemed newly remodeled, clean and had all the usual RI amenities. I will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Albuquerque? Share your experiences!