“2.5 star at best” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Denver
“2.5 star at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

First, I guess my standards are a bit higher since I live in Denver if this hotel is in the top five in Albuquerque. When you walk in, the lobby looks nice and the internet lobby is nice as well. That is where the remodel stops I think.
1) Rooms--The first night, I had no soap, shampoo, or conditioner. I came down to the front desk and they were very nice about it and gave me some. The maid then cleaned my room and took all the soap away. So on the second day, I had to return to the front desk and ask for more soap. On the third day, the maid took away all my towels and didn't leave any. So another trip to the front desk.
2) Pool--the pool area is generally clean, however, a family of guests brought their dog in the pool which the staff thought was cute. Right. Also, hotel advertised as an indoor heated pool, but the pool was not heated and was quite chilly.
3) Hot tub--luke warm with only two jets. The rest of the people just sat in a lukewarm tub. The rest of the jets were in the hot tub, but were cemented shut.
4) Walls--You can hear the other guest flush the toilet through the wall. The toilet has hurricane strength suction. So if your neighboring guests get up at 5am, expect that you will too.
5) Room service--the room service tray in the hall that was outside my neighboring guest room 7 hours ago is still there.
6) Elevators--two of the elevators were not working. When they were finally fixed, the repair crew did not deem it necessary to clean the trash on the floor of the elevator.
7) check in--I asked the check in clerk to add my Starwood preferred guest number to my account. She advised that my account was "expired". I called Starwood and they resolved it for me by adding my number to my account.
8) Laundry--the hotel advertises guest laundry in both their book and on the website. When I go to find the laundry, the front desk advises me that they have no laundry, but they will gladly dry clean for 10 times the price.
9) View-There is only an anti-view here. Either a parking lot, or rooftop.
10) Location- seemed fine in an Albuquerque sort of way. Front desk advised me they lock all the side doors at night and you can't even enter with a key. When I asked if it was a bad neighborhood, they said no, but that they weren't responsible if my car was broken into.
11) Trash cans--there is an apparant shortage of trash cans for Sheraton. There are none to be found anywhere in the lobby or meeting rooms.
12) Pepsi products only. Enough said.
13) TV--The flat screen was nice, but it would be nicer if half the channels claimed to be provided by the hotel actually worked.
Bonus: The lobby regularly smells like a backed up sewer line.
My visit only.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
las vegas, new mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Stayed july 24, for only one night but it was a great stay staff was very freindly and helpful especially the front desk staff. Jason and crew go above and beyond in making a person feel welcome will stay there again. Great place to stay clean and comfy rooms. Again great job and keep it up.

Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Makes traveling on business a little easier when the hotel does a good job. This one did.

Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

The beds and the room had so much comfort, we didn't want to leave the room. Checking out of the hotel was hard to do. Great place to stay with a great location!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Taos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I love the Sheraton Uptown. It has been renovated in the last few years and the improvements are wonderful. This is my hotel of choice when it comes to Albuquerque. Close to just about everything and some of the best customer service ever!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

We were very pleased with this Sheraton which accommodated our request to bring our dogs. The room was spacious, clean and well decorated. In addition, they provided a grassy area out front complete with waste disposal bags! We will definitely stay here again. Our pug dogs, Ranger and Keifer, totally agree!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

We frequently travel with our mid-sized dog and he is always warmly welcomed by the staff when we stay here. The hotel employees are always courteous, friendly, and willing to go the extra mile to accommodate our needs. Recently renovated, the lobby, lounge, and rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable with nicer amenities (Bliss products- yay!). And the beds are super comfortable! I always look forward to staying here when I visit Albuquerque.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!