“Great Second Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #13 of 147 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Second Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was my second stay at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown and it was another great one! The Sheraton staff is always friendly, and again greeted me when I went in and out of the hotel (if they weren't busy). They were VERY busy on the weekend I stayed with an event in the ballrooms but they had adequate staff on hand and checkin was very quick and friendly.

The walls are a bit thin; I couldn't hear anything from next door but I could hear the room doors when they were opening and closing. It did not affect my sleep though. I was given a 2 Queen room and it was clean and in great conditionThe beds are the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and I slept as well as I have in a while. I did notice some black marks on the bed skirt; I don't expect that to be changed after EVERY guest, but it was visible and should have been changed. The bathroom was in good condition and the Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea is a great touch. The refrigerator wasn't too cold so I adjusted the dial and a high pitched whine came out while it was running. If this happens in a room, just adjust the dial until it stops. The fridge eventually got cold enough for what I had inside.

The outside of the hotel wasn't in as good condition as the last time I visited and it could use a new touch of paint, looked faded. Ample parking even with a large event going on! The area has great restaurants and shopping in the mall across the street. There are plenty of hotels around the Uptown area of Albuquerque but the Sheraton is the best! Just a few extra touches to keep it up to date and it would be a 5 star rating. Thanks Sheraton and I hope to see you again in August!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel at the last minute as I was driving around town. Parking was free but my room was a little outdated, specifically there were a few minor items that needed to be replaced in the bathroom. It is ok if you are looking for a quick place to stay otherwise I would recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The front desk staff was extremely friendly, helpful and polite.
This hotel appears to be a little older but they have done some nice updating. I especially loved the toiletries they put out in the bathroom, it even included a shower puff!
The only reason we did not give this hotel a perfect 5 stars, was because of the bed. We stayed on the 7th floor and our room had a king sized bed, the bed was very uncomfortable. Even a decent mattress pad would have helped. We stay in hotels fairly often, so know what a comfortable bed feels like. I really hate to complain about anything here, because it is otherwise a great place and for all we know, they regularly change out mattresses and this one may just be at the end of it's useful life.
We would definitely stay here again but would ask about the beds. Great place otherwise!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved this hotel!! Our room was not ready by 3 p.m. [the check-in time] and we had been waiting for about an hour so the desk clerk upgraded us to the Club Level. We were able to use the club lounge to print our airline boarding passes. We had reserved under a special rate that included wifi, a bottle of wine with cheese, crackers & strawberries and also breakfast in our room the next morning. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The food we had at the hotel was also quite good and they make a good latte at the lobby coffee bar. The location is close to restaurants and shopping. When we return to Albuquerque we will be staying here!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear bczican,

Thank you very much for the wonderful 5 *Star guest review. To read your comments "Wonderful Hotel Visit" and "We loved this hotel!" are the type of guest observations that every hotel manager looks forward to receiving.

I am very glad that you and yours were able to fully enjoy our Club Level and all its amenities.

It is equally great to know that our food and beverage was to your liking. Lastly, we are very proud to be a part of the ABQ Uptown area. It is truly perfect for shopping food & beverage and entertainment.

Fife, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I don't usually write reviews but we are on a road trip across America and staying in lovely hand-picked hotels. We thought the Sheraton would not disappoint. However, on arrival we were allocated our room - which was ok - the receptionist pre-occupied. We got to our room and no guest information re: hotel facilities etc. We asked for a copy only to be told there were none as they were being reprinted! Again no other information provided. We are having to ask someone every time we have a question. Not good. Expected a higher standard from the Sheraton.

Room Tip: There is a charge for room wifi but free wifi in lobby for 24 hrs
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Irene B,

Please do allow me to apologize as it is very clear that we did not meet your expectations in a very important area which is guest information.

In fact, as you noted our hotel compendium books are being revised and we believe that the new guest room piece will be very beneficial. None the less it is very important that we are always prepared to share any and all guest service information immediately upon request.

Irene, I have made it priority to review your noteworthy guest observation with our guest services associates to immediately improve in this area that was a shortcoming during your visit.

I would like to thank you for the additional guest comment of "Nice hotel"! It hoped that you and yours will have the opportunity to return as our guest very soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed one night here and it was my second stay at this hotel. It's easy to find and pretty well located for uptown. Downtown is a short drive away.

Check in was a breeze and I was upgraded to 7th floor (reserved for SPG members which I am not) . The hotel had at least one conference on making it quite busy but not overly so. There is a nice coffee bar serving Starbucks and the bar area was relatively quiet.

Some of the common areas could do with being spruced up a bit but my main issue with the hotel is either they have thin walls or I was very unlucky with noisy neighbours. Apart from toilet flushing (which I also saw mentioned in another review of this hotel) I could hear neighbours walking about. Not so good. I mentioned on departure but there's not a lot could be done I guess.

Would I stay here again - maybe if the price was ok.

Room Tip: As usual higher views are better. Get s mountain view if possible as its stunning.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear BigMerk,

It is great to know that your recent travels from the United Kingdom allowed you to be 'Our Guest' once again. Thank you very much for taking the valuable time to share the type of guest observations that truly makes us better every day.

Please do allow me to share that I have made it priority to revisit your letter with our maintenance department in order to be very proactive with respective preventative maintenance of all guest room areas moving forward.

It is our utmost goal to always make the situation better and exceed your expectations.

Culver City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall very happy with my stay at this property. I did use points so not very sure what the rates look like. I was passing thru from Texas to California. I decided I needed to rest so I took out my SPG app and booked the room. Got to the hotel and noticed that a few functions were going on (very busy Lobby). Front Desk checked me in and got a great room. (thanks again for the Upgrade!) I do recommend going for the Club. Free Breakfast and fantastic coffee Machine. I love living the SPG life #SPGLIFE

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Skylarlk,

Please do allow me to say thank you for the wonderful 5 *Star guest review. To receive your comment that you were "very happy with your stay" is much appreciated.

I certainly understand that finding just the right place to call home away from home is key to rest rejuvenation during such long journeys. We are very glad that our Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown with all it entails was the right choice for you and yours.

Please do return as 'Our Guest' very soon and often!

Damen Kompanowski

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!