“Great hotel in a convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Erie, Pennsylvania, USA
“Great hotel in a convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here overnight last week, and I highly recommend it. Great rooms, attentive and helpful staff, decent gym, good restaurant. Try the huevos rancheros - authentic, according to my Mexican travleing companion!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear ilovetravel60,

Thank you so much for the kind review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you'll get the chance to visit us again in the future, at which point you can give our Banana Cream Brûlée Oatmeal a try ;-)

Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The cleanliness of the hotel was suspect - shredded carpet edges, dingy sheets, dirt in the hallway (asked three times for them to vacuum) and dirty (looked like mold) caulk in the bathtub. Television did not work properly and internet was unstable and slow. And, this was on the Club Level.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel/.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello Benjy-

Thank you for your review. I have addressed the issues you brought to my attention. I had my engineering team walk ever hall and correct any frayed carpet edges. I am also checking with our internet provider as we have 50meg coming into our hotel, speed has not been an issues. I have also shared your room comments with both my director of housekeeping and engineering.

I am sorry your stay did not meet either of our standards, I would love the opportunity to host you again please feel free to contact me directly . I will insure a flawless stay.

Yours in Hospitality,
Damen Kompanowski
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stay in hundreds of hotels as flight crew and this is a top notch, well run hotel. Richard and his staff went out of their way to welcome us and upgrade us when possible. The food is excellent and service is great. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed. We are glad to have added this hotel to our overnight list! Lots to do in the area and the van driver was very informative too.

Room Tip: Worth it to upgrade to the Suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear TravelDivas2,

Thank you so much for the review!! It's especially rare, and special to receive one from flight crew.

We understand that you fly in only to turn around and leave a few hours later, but it's always a pleasure to have you stay with us. Your kind words mean the world, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for your next stay.

Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Traveled to Albuquerque for the Junior Olympic Archery Indoor Nationals tournament. As an SPG member, I stay at a lot of Sheraton hotels and this stay was even paid for with my SPG reward points. We knew in advance that we would be up early in the mornings, so I called ahead and asked about the club level lounge. I was told they had limited food several times a day, including a limited continental breakfast in the morning. I was specifically told that they served during limited hours, but there was "always something in there for snacks and drinks including coffee." So we decided to pay the upgrade out of pocket for the club level room. Upon arrival, I again asked the clerk about the club lounge and food. Again I was told there was a continental breakfast. I told him we would be leaving around 6:00 a.m. and he told me specifically "they will not be open that early, but you can always go in and get coffee and drinks and some kind of snacks." Good to know and good enough for us.

So that evening we checked out the club lounge after dinner. They had some nice snacks and soft drinks for free. Alcohol was not complimentary, so I opted to pay for a bottle of beer and a glass of well scotch. Charge was $17. Ouch! Wow, that it expensive. But the lounge staff was very pleasant. Once again, I asked the lounge manager on duty that night about breakfast the next morning. She told me again "somebody will be here in the morning and they will gladly make sure you get something to eat." That sounded great. And at least I would be able to get some real coffee too!

Next morning we arrived at the doors to the club lounge about 15 minutes before they opened anxious to get even something light for breakfast as well as a cup of coffee to go before the tournament. We knocked as hard as we could for 5 minutes and nobody noticed. We called the front desk and were told there was absolutely no service in the club lounge that early. They would not even call up to see if anyone was on staff yet.

So we packed up, checked out early and left. I have never gone out of my way so far to make sure a service as simple as coffee and breakfast would be available to be so completely misguided by so many different people. Really destroyed my desire to remain a loyal SPG customer.

I hope the Sheraton doesn't mind losing business because this one stay already cost them a full week booking in Orlando for my next trip less than a month after this stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello 2011FLHX-

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I would like to start with an apology, as you did seem to do everything right in planning for your mornings and getting breakfast. I believe each associate was giving you the correct information. " Yes we will be able to get you breakfast" and then when the time came we did not deliver. I am truly sorry. I am not sure if you travel to ABQ for other tournaments but I would love the opportunity to make this right.

Please feel free to contact me personally and I will ensure a pleasant stay.

Yours in Hospitality,
Damen Kompanowski
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had the wonderful experience of staying there last night! I arrived late in the evening, lots of luggage and 2 little ones in the car. The staff immediately offered to help with unloading my car and taking everything up to my room while I parked and carried my daughter in. Before we even got in there was an issue with my room key not working but it was all taken care of and resolved by the time we got to the door. This was my second time staying here and it was well worth it! Both trips the staff has been extremely friendly at the front desk and have gone above and beyond to assist their guests.
The only unpleasant experience I had was the first time I stayed last month and went to the bar for a drink. The 2 female bartenders were very rude and as I was sitting there I could clearly overhear them complaining about a rather large drink order a table had placed. Other than that, I would gladly stay there any time I come through Albuquerque.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Delaina M,

Please allow me to start off with an apology for your experience at our lobby bar. Regardless of when it happened, it's completely unacceptable and I'm terribly sorry that you had to overhear such a discussion.

I'm overjoyed though to hear that our staff was there to help you and your little girl upon your arrival. I fully understand the weariness experienced from traveling all day with a little one, and the relief that a pair of helping hands can bring. This is what we're here for, and what we love doing.

We hope that you will visit us again in the future. We'll be here to help :-)

Farnham Common, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Very helpful staff.
Clean and well presented.
Wifi not free until I pointed out how ir was free in so many other places. Then I got it free.
Our room was very noisy from an air vent a short distance away.
Food was good. Service good.
Location is in uptown. I really wanted to stay downtown. Not their fault.

Room Tip: Check for noise from the air vents located at the SE corner of he building.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear akldb,

Please accept my apology for the issues that you experienced while with us. We take a lot of pride in our service and establishment, and guests experiencing anything less is unacceptable. While we understand the inconvenience of paying for WiFi in the rooms, please know for the future that we do have free WiFi in the lobby. We also offer upgrades which include WiFi in the room and access to our Club Lounge - a truly great deal! Also, I can assure you that loud AC units are not a common occurrence for us and that we do our best to rectify all room issues immediately.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps towards are betterment, and hope that you will visit us again shall you need accommodations in Uptown.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for the evening, room was clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff at check in and we were given an upgrade at check in. Big plus is that it's one of the few nice hotels that didn't have a big extra charge for pets. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Dogcruces,

It's terrific to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family, to include the furry member. Our staff is always ready to help in any way that they can, and we hope that you will return in the future.Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Warmest Regards,

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!