“Funky front desk, ok service, sketchy parking lot.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Funky front desk, ok service, sketchy parking lot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

So upon pulling up to the hotel I was asked for money by someone on the street circling the lot. Ended up with a view of the parking lot... and had to keep checking that my xar was still there. No bell assistance offered no bellman in sight. Front desk was cool and funky decoration made it unique. Room was ok. Standard. Decided to go to the bar and order food. It was good and the bartender was nice and gave us our discount for food because we were starwood employees back in nashville but were moving cross country staying at sheratons all along the way. This was our last stop. Nothing spectacular, mediocre service. But overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear ashley2189,

Please accept my apology for the mediocre stay that you experienced. We take a lot of pride in our service, and it's unacceptable that this was not demonstrated to you. We understand that being solicited in the parking lot is quite an uncomfortable experience for our guests & can typically remedy the situation very quickly. We do wish that we could just put an end to it, though.

I understand any hesitations you may have in returning, but please feel free to contact me in the future if you ever consider it. My number is 505-881-0000.

Have a gorgeous weekend.

Carrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Seeing 400+ Kansas State Marching Band members come flooding into any hotel can be quite daunting. Yet this Sheraton did a wonderful job of handling the sudden influx of people. The staff was very friendly and nice. I spoke to Veronica Corona and Richard Manis. Even with the phone calls pouring in, they took the time to help me with my strange request for thank you cards and wouldn't take any money for them. I would recommend this hotel for any group, whether it's a family of 4 or 400.

• Stayed December 2013
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Quiet, good location near shopping mall and various suburban outlets. Room is nice, they upgraded me to a mini-suite. Pet friendly. Good staff. Other travellers here seem to be a cosmopolitan bled of midwest and desert.

Room Tip: Get platinum in SPG for great victory in upgrades.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Oak Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

NO PET FEE, huge plus.

The service was quite friendly and welcoming.

The Room: Not up to par. Disappointing. Frankly, not ok for the price. The floor was dusty and had sunflower seed shells (say that three three times) all over it. The bed closest to the window had shells in the comforter. The television had a bad snowy picture. When we were trying to watch for weather updates and road conditions this was a nuisance. Great redeeming quality was that the beds were extremely comfortable and we slept well (or perhaps after being in the car for 16 hours we were exhausted and didn't care.)

Won't rebook on the return trip next week.

Stayed December 2013
Collinsville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights during Thanksgiving. The rooms are very large and the bed was very comfortable. We will definitely stay there again, well worth the money. We also enjoyed the hot tub and heated pool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Barbara B,

Thank you very much for choosing to say with us, and for the kind review! I'm glad that you enjoyed it, and I hope to meet you when you visit us again. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We got two rooms for a one-night stay during our visit to NM, and the hotel served that purpose well. We were upgraded to a hospitality suite and a "mini-suite" and both were quite large. The former had a separate living area, a dining space with a six-person dining table, a huge bed room, and two entrances. The mini-suite also had a separate dining area, and we appreciated the extra space. The club lounge is nice as well, particularly the coffee machine. I also liked the lobby.

However, there were just too many small issues that made our stay less than perfect. First of all, even though SPG Platinum members are eligible for upgrades to suites, I wasn't offered that when I checked in. I had to tell the front desk agent that I had checked online and that they had suites available for him to provide the upgrade. One of the suites had two TVs, but neither were working when we checked in, although they sent someone up soon to fix them. The heating vents in the rooms are very loud and don't actually provide warm air (I didn't bother to complain about it). The closets are in the bathrooms, as are the coffee makers, which is a strange spot for them. And even though our rooms were spacious, this hotel could use some refurbishing and interior decoration help. None of these are big issues by themselves, but together, they were too many to ignore.

The hotel has a lot of potential, our overall stay was decent, and I hope management works to address some of the issues that are fixable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear porjotok_Boston,

First, allow me say thank you for your loyalty. It really does mean the world to us that you chose to visit with us. I am sincerely sorry that we did not show our appreciation for your loyalty, and I hope that you can forgive us and perhaps offer us another chance in the future.

Please contact me when/if you decide to visit again. I will personally guarantee you and your family a better stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the uptown sheraton multiple times, and am always pleased with the level of customer service from everyone the front desk people..The new manager is nice and ..everyone housekeeping and shuttle drivers were always friendly and VERY ACCOMODATING to a SPG rewards member staying at their hotel..

Clean rooms with cozy beds and my dog got to stay free

• Stayed November 2013
Dear justine c,

We think our staff is pretty terrific as well! Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for being so kind. We hope to see you again in the future.

Carrie

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!