“FANTASTIC place to hold a conference!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Green Forest, Arkansas
“FANTASTIC place to hold a conference!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've done hundreds of conferences over the last 15 years and this is the best hotel for their service to our needs as conference planners. the sales and catering team are sincere and go out of their way to meet our many needs and anticipate our needs. the GM is a very kind "hands-on" manager that makes this hotel tick. the rooms are lovely. shopping is nearby. food is great. service is the best! we will be coming back to hold future conferences because of the people here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
HI Deanne B-

Thank you for the 5 Star review, I am so happy your conference was a success. We do have a wonderful staff, and that is what makes the difference in any business. Having the right people. Thanks again very much and we hope to host another conference soon.

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The lobby is nice, a bit loud.
The pool area seemed dated.
Friendly staff.
The carpet in our room seemed paper thin, as did the walls and windows. I heard conversations clearly, and cars driving on Louisiana avenue. I heard other toilets flushing.
The club lounge food was tasty, pretty views and nice layout.
Strange bathroom door in the room, had a smoked window in the door, so when the light was on it lit up the room, not great when staying with others in the same room.
Overall what you expect from Sheraton.
I'd stay here again if the remember to dust everywhere (perhaps behind the tv/desk - a kid toy dropped behind and I nearly hurled when I saw the amount of dirt back there - the rest of the room was clean tho)

Room Tip: Away from the elevators!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello JulietteND-

Thanks for your review, I am glad you enjoyed our club lounge and it is always great to hear if back in town you would stay here again. I will definitely follow up on the few concerns and share you comments with my staff.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on June 29th, for a night.
I just want to say that the front desk agent, Kevin (sorry I didn't get the last name).
He was prompt, friendly, and with a very nice attitude. Very impressive.
I would definitely stay with them again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello Jefferson L-

Thank you for your review. Kevin has been a great addition to our team, I will pass your nice comments.. We are so happy you found your home in ABQ...

Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here Memorial Day weekend for soccer tournament. They were the host hotel and the staff is well trained in dealing with large groups. Room was very nice and clean. They closed the breakfast at 8 am, before many teams had a chance to eat, but to their credit, kept bringing food and reopened the doors when people complained. Not convenient to fields, but good for shopping and restaurants. Pool was very small.

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Kate F-

Thank you for your review. I am please to hear my staff accommodated you your family & team members with breakfast. I hope your team comes and plays again next year and you make our hotel you home while in ABQ.

Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our room and they accepted our dog, so that was a really big plus.
We accessed the Club Level for Happy Hour and for Breakfast. They had a great selection of pastries, cereal, eggs, etc. The only bad things that happened were the computer went blue screen on us and 2 hours later, my two month old cell phone went crazy and went into a continual reboot mode. Really can't blame cell phone on the hotel, but the computer, well, just maybe. We stayed the next night at the Sheraton Denver Downtown and the computer booted right up withour a problem. You can draw your own conclusions!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello Joelhdennis-

Thank you for your 4 Star review, and thank your for being a loyal Starwood Member. We have a great club lounge and our ladies that work up in the room are very sweet and professional. I hope your travels bring you back to ABQ soon. I bet your devices will also work better I hope that was just a glitch.

Leuven, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Even though the reviews of this hotels are generally quite good, our stay was extremely disappointing due to the very bad condition our room was in. Allow me to re-iterate/rephrase what I wrote to the manager:

Now, first of all, I have to “admit” I got this room at a fairly cheap rate through a bidding via Priceline. It has been rumored since a very long time, that hotels give away their worst rooms via this system, which is in itself understandable. But even if that’s true, I would say once you’re a guest you can expect the same level of quality and hospitality as anyone else.

This however, was not at all the case during our stay. I have no complaints with regards to the staff and your nice reception, the room itself though was dirty and looked as it hasn’t been thoroughly cleaned in a long, long time. A quick summary, check also attached photo's:

- Hairs and spots in the bedsheets (see photo)
- Brownish spots on the linen covering the bedframe itself (see photo)
- Hairs, dark spots in all towels
- The toilet had a clear “brownish stain” (see photo) (we noticed this of course BEFORE we used it)
- The large closet in the bathroom looked like someone sprayed something all over it (see photo)
- Spots on the wallpaper (see photo)
- White spots on the leather furniture (see photo)
- Spots on the blue chair

And to top it off, we were awakened abruptly by an alarm clock set at 6:00 (not sure about the hour) that was probably set by the previous guest and not reset.

Oh yes, and finally I noticed while leaving the room that the room safe (although we didn’t use it) couldn’t be used as it was locked (with unknown code), probably by one of the earlier guests and never reset.

Now, I’m sure the hotel would have let us change rooms if we would have complained at the reception, but we chose not to. Why not? Well.. partly because it’s not the most pleasant thing to do (rather stressful really), and because when you arrive exhausted from being on the road all day long, you just want to unpack asap, go to the bathroom and maybe have a shower without having to deal with any extra problems.. in a way we chose to ignored/suppress this in other words. But also partly because it’s almost “cheating” on your part to solve this issue by “just” putting us in another room. I believe it’s the responsibility of the hotel to make sure all rooms are cleaned perfectly, for every guest, and not only for those who complain.

All in all.. very, very disappointed in Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Frank-

Thank you for your review, I am so sorry as your room was not up to our standard. I did receive and email from you this morning and reached out to your via email and telephone please contact me at your earliest convenience I will make this situation right.

Again please accept my apology.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Although the hotel was very busy the staff made our experience great. Kevin at the front desk was very helpful. The hotel is tad dated for a sheraton but the staff make up for the experience. The door to the pool was faulty, but it worked eventually never the less. If you are exploring New Mexico for the first time, great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello AJGrizzly-

Thank you for your 5 star review, and thank you for recommending our hotel to future guest. I am so happy you experienced great service and thank you for mentioning Kevin we recently added him to out team of associates.

Damen Kompanowski

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!