“Never a bad visit, always nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Broken Arrow, OK
“Never a bad visit, always nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

2nd visit to this hotel. The standards I expect from the Sheraton name are fully realized here. Comfort, cleanliness, style, and luxury for a reasonable rate. Always happy here and will continue to stay here on my eastbound trips.

• Stayed June 2013
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello Tetranomo-

We love to be your eastbound hotel. Thank you for your 5 star review on our hotel. It is so nice to find a home when on the road and we thank you for choosing our hotel as you home when in ABQ.

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Pros: The staff was friendly and helpful, the price was good, the beds were comfortable, had hot running water, and the hotel was located close to the airport.

Cons: The rooms smelled bad, like wet animals. We requested a room change because the first room smelled so bad. The second room still smelled, but it wasn't as bad as the first. We had a view of the parking lot. The hall carpet was starting to run and it was easy to trip. The room was dark and dreary and had inadequate lighting. There was an indoor pool, but it was only heated to 80 so it was too cold to enjoy. The key cards only worked after 3-5 attempts at swiping them. Semi noisy rooms, but we were so exhausted from long day of outside activities that we settled in at 10 and went to sleep right through it. The Lobby and bar area was quite loud, but if you are in to that scene, it was a happening place.

Room Tip: Good if on a tight budget and need to be close to airport.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Clopaboba-

Thanks for your review, I am sorry your stay was less than perfect and we had to move you from your first assigned room. Thank you for your positive comments on our team we do have a wonderful staff. Please feel free to contact me next time you are coming to ABQ. I would like to do something special for you.

General Manger
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed 5 nights , had 2 rooms in mid may/13. We must have occupied approx. 35 rooms. were in town for a wedding which was in the hotel, supposedly we were getting a great rate. but not much different than reg. rate. the hotel overall was ok, nothing to flip over. The staff was not that friendly. Our key card did not work, had to go down stairs 5 times in a for to get it re-keyed, then they called the maintaince guy to come and see what the problem was. he opened it after the 8th time, gave us a mumbo jumbo about having to bend the card down 35 degrees then pull it out to open the door.
Like we were stupid. I travel a lot in my work and stay at 14 different hotels a years. I know how to use a card key.
the food at the restaurant was good, is conveniently located near Highways 40 and 25 and a lot of boutique shopping and restaurants are close by

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello tazz-man007-

Thanks for your review, I am so sorry to hear your keys were not working correctly, We have recently upgraded our system and we did have some initial problems. We have since corrected this issue. I hope you had a great time celebrating the wedding and that your travels will bring you back to ABQ. If so please contact me to make your next reservation.

damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I came back to spend another weekend with friends in ABQ and as promised in a prior review, I returned to the Sheraton Uptown. This time I brought my wife. We made the most of the weekend and booked the Jacuzzi suite. Room was incredible – very spacious. Views of Sandia were awesome. Room was peaceful and quiet. My eyes are drawn to the pictures they have throughout the hotel.

On the way to the fitness center, I walked by the conference room/banquet area – I peeked my head in and saw that they were setting up for a wedding – looked like a big one. Quite impressive. Room was stunning. Looked like a great place to have a wedding reception.

It’s the little things sometimes. My wife liked the Starbucks in the room. Both my wife and I just love flavored waters. They had fruit flavored water dispensers in the lobby. Very classy touch.

Lobby bar was a comfortable place to wait for the wife as she got ready… Barkeep was friendly – name slips my mind.

Front desk staff helped us out with some recommendations for places to grab a drink. I feel like I have a knack on reading people – every staff member we encountered was great. It didn’t appear to be so much as “a job” as it was something they enjoyed doing and they seemed happy to be there. Perhaps a reflection of the management.

This NM trip appears to be becoming an annual tradition. If it does, plan on seeing me again. Thank you again for making my weekend in the "Land of Enchantment" enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sheila W-

Thank you for your review. Yes we are pet friendly I am so happy your and your puppy enjoyed your visit to ABQ Uptown... We have a great hotel and Located so perfectly in the city. It sounds like you have found you home in ABQ and welcome you and your puppy back at anytime...

Thanks again,
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown is conveniently located near Highways 40 and 25 and a bevy of boutique shopping and restaurants are close by (complimentary shuttle is available).

The property is situated on a nicely landscaped expanse set back from the main street—no worries about traffic noise here. A pet waste station and hand sanitizers are prominently positioned near the entrance and pets are warmly welcomed.

The Sheraton Albuquerque is one of the few hotels to forgo a pet fee (guests are requested to sign a dog waiver to cover possible damages).

Pet friendly rooms are not specifically designated, which means accommodations are most likely available and rules are flexible, as are pet restrictions (well mannered pups of any size are welcomed— not weighed).

Complimentary food and water bowels and bed are provided for furry guests (be sure and request, as sometimes newer staff members are not aware of amenities).

Our room had nice upscale touches: attractive, stylish and contemporary furnishings, rich woods, textured wall coverings, a modern boudoir chaise lounge (nice touch) and upgraded bathroom with granite counters, ceramic tiling and designer decor.

The Sheraton's signature Sweet Sleeper pillow top bed guarantees a good night's sleep with the added luxury feel of both duvet and comforter linens and upholstered headboard.

There is an ample functional desk area with a padded ergonomic chair, a 37” flat screen TV, mini fridge and in room coffee maker (complimentary Starbucks coffee).

The staff is efficient and hospitable. Our room service was great for both breakfast (light, fluffy omelet) and dinner (Fish Tacos) tasty, well presented and freshly prepared food.

Parking is free and a lively lobby scene for you and your pet to enjoy.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room on 4th floor with mountain view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hello Sheila W-

Thank you for your detailed review, I am so happy you and you pooch enjoyed your stay with us here in the Heart of Uptown. We hope your travels bring you to ABQ soon...

Ormond Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lower your expectations if you think the "club level" at the this sub par business hotel is going to be nice, exclusive, special or anything other than run of the mill for Sheraton. What a treat; doggy friendly, barking most of the night, domestic disputes, near zero water pressure and bad plumbing fixtures in an other wish nice bathroom. Air conditioning unit with bad bearing directly in line with the bed a real mechanical lullaby, Groups of people smoking cigarettes at the entrance add to the special feel you get from this place.Its near the best ALB has to offer Sorry.

Room Tip: Lower noise on the even numbered rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Bristolroad-

Thank you for your review, I sorry to hear your stay was not a great experience. I would agree just too many problems that did not result in a pleasant experience. I can assure you this is not a typical stay for our guest and would love to welcome you back personally. Please next time you are visiting ABQ contact me directly I will ensure a perfect stay.

Your in Hospitality,
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The lobby and bar staff were nice. We liked the atmosphere in the bar. Friendly crowd. The rooms were clean with comfy beds! The bathroom set up was nice with a separate make up counter. Could never figure the air out, so we were hot all night. But we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Vegas Me-

Thanks for your review, We Liked it is a great title... I hope your travels bring you back to Albuquerque sooner than later...

General Manger

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!