“Another Perfect Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #18 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Denver, Colorado
“Another Perfect Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I came back to spend another weekend with friends in ABQ and as promised in a prior review, I returned to the Sheraton Uptown. This time I brought my wife. We made the most of the weekend and booked the Jacuzzi suite. Room was incredible – very spacious. Views of Sandia were awesome. Room was peaceful and quiet. My eyes are drawn to the pictures they have throughout the hotel.

On the way to the fitness center, I walked by the conference room/banquet area – I peeked my head in and saw that they were setting up for a wedding – looked like a big one. Quite impressive. Room was stunning. Looked like a great place to have a wedding reception.

It’s the little things sometimes. My wife liked the Starbucks in the room. Both my wife and I just love flavored waters. They had fruit flavored water dispensers in the lobby. Very classy touch.

Lobby bar was a comfortable place to wait for the wife as she got ready… Barkeep was friendly – name slips my mind.

Front desk staff helped us out with some recommendations for places to grab a drink. I feel like I have a knack on reading people – every staff member we encountered was great. It didn’t appear to be so much as “a job” as it was something they enjoyed doing and they seemed happy to be there. Perhaps a reflection of the management.

This NM trip appears to be becoming an annual tradition. If it does, plan on seeing me again. Thank you again for making my weekend in the "Land of Enchantment" enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello Sheila W-

Thank you for your review. Yes we are pet friendly I am so happy your and your puppy enjoyed your visit to ABQ Uptown... We have a great hotel and Located so perfectly in the city. It sounds like you have found you home in ABQ and welcome you and your puppy back at anytime...

Thanks again,

713 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown is conveniently located near Highways 40 and 25 and a bevy of boutique shopping and restaurants are close by (complimentary shuttle is available).

The property is situated on a nicely landscaped expanse set back from the main street—no worries about traffic noise here. A pet waste station and hand sanitizers are prominently positioned near the entrance and pets are warmly welcomed.

The Sheraton Albuquerque is one of the few hotels to forgo a pet fee (guests are requested to sign a dog waiver to cover possible damages).

Pet friendly rooms are not specifically designated, which means accommodations are most likely available and rules are flexible, as are pet restrictions (well mannered pups of any size are welcomed— not weighed).

Complimentary food and water bowels and bed are provided for furry guests (be sure and request, as sometimes newer staff members are not aware of amenities).

Our room had nice upscale touches: attractive, stylish and contemporary furnishings, rich woods, textured wall coverings, a modern boudoir chaise lounge (nice touch) and upgraded bathroom with granite counters, ceramic tiling and designer decor.

The Sheraton's signature Sweet Sleeper pillow top bed guarantees a good night's sleep with the added luxury feel of both duvet and comforter linens and upholstered headboard.

There is an ample functional desk area with a padded ergonomic chair, a 37” flat screen TV, mini fridge and in room coffee maker (complimentary Starbucks coffee).

The staff is efficient and hospitable. Our room service was great for both breakfast (light, fluffy omelet) and dinner (Fish Tacos) tasty, well presented and freshly prepared food.

Parking is free and a lively lobby scene for you and your pet to enjoy.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room on 4th floor with mountain view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Sheila W-

Thank you for your detailed review, I am so happy you and you pooch enjoyed your stay with us here in the Heart of Uptown. We hope your travels bring you to ABQ soon...

Ormond Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lower your expectations if you think the "club level" at the this sub par business hotel is going to be nice, exclusive, special or anything other than run of the mill for Sheraton. What a treat; doggy friendly, barking most of the night, domestic disputes, near zero water pressure and bad plumbing fixtures in an other wish nice bathroom. Air conditioning unit with bad bearing directly in line with the bed a real mechanical lullaby, Groups of people smoking cigarettes at the entrance add to the special feel you get from this place.Its near the best ALB has to offer Sorry.

Room Tip: Lower noise on the even numbered rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Bristolroad-

Thank you for your review, I sorry to hear your stay was not a great experience. I would agree just too many problems that did not result in a pleasant experience. I can assure you this is not a typical stay for our guest and would love to welcome you back personally. Please next time you are visiting ABQ contact me directly I will ensure a perfect stay.

Your in Hospitality,
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The lobby and bar staff were nice. We liked the atmosphere in the bar. Friendly crowd. The rooms were clean with comfy beds! The bathroom set up was nice with a separate make up counter. Could never figure the air out, so we were hot all night. But we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Vegas Me-

Thanks for your review, We Liked it is a great title... I hope your travels bring you back to Albuquerque sooner than later...

General Manger
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We could NOT get into our booked room due to a key failure repeatedly. The maintenance man was called and tried 5 different sets of keys to open our room. None worked. No apologies were given and we were made to feel our problem with the keys was our fault instead of the hotel's maintenance problem! The stay was extremely loud and noisy due to slamming doors of kids there for a soccer tournament. I would NOT recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Hello Dfpiatt-

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for the key issue. That weekend we did have a problem with one of our key making machines and it has now been corrected. I know how inconvenient it is to get to your room and not be able to open the door.. Again please accept my apology. I see your comment that you would not stay here again, if you would I would love the opportunity to make your next stay right. I am attaching my contact information and would like you to contact me personally. I know our stay will be much better and we can turn this bad situation into a much better one.

damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com
kukubla
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower head needs to be replaced or cleaned... the water would get anywhere but on you. At the check in we were not told a word about any of the property amenities. We were not sure about the pool or the restaurant. Some rooms had Internet and breakfast included and some not and we didn't know which one we had.(we could've probably read it on our confirmation from Expedia but did have it handy). And we were not offered any options to change or upgrade. At the check out we asked for a printed receipt but were told that we booked through Expedia and should have it emailed to us by them...why not to print it for us if we asked?
Overall it is a decent hotel for business trips. But not much for travel and pleasure.

• Stayed May 2013
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello Kukubla-

Thank you for your review, we are a great hotel for both Business and Pleasure I am sorry we did not live up to that expectation. You are absolutely correct your check-in process should have explained all our amenities. I would love for you to give us another chance. Next time please reach out to me directly I will ensure your stay is perfect.

damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great customer service and rooms were very clean and comfortable. Had minor problems but were attended very quickly. Couldnt ask for a better location. We appreciated everything they did for us on such a late notice for a group of blocked rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Christine-

Thank you for your five star review I am so happy you and your group enjoyed their stay at our hotel. We hope to see you for your next tournament in ABQ.

Damen Kompanowski

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!