“We liked it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“We liked it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The lobby and bar staff were nice. We liked the atmosphere in the bar. Friendly crowd. The rooms were clean with comfy beds! The bathroom set up was nice with a separate make up counter. Could never figure the air out, so we were hot all night. But we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello Vegas Me-

Thanks for your review, We Liked it is a great title... I hope your travels bring you back to Albuquerque sooner than later...

General Manger

714 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We could NOT get into our booked room due to a key failure repeatedly. The maintenance man was called and tried 5 different sets of keys to open our room. None worked. No apologies were given and we were made to feel our problem with the keys was our fault instead of the hotel's maintenance problem! The stay was extremely loud and noisy due to slamming doors of kids there for a soccer tournament. I would NOT recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Hello Dfpiatt-

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apology for the key issue. That weekend we did have a problem with one of our key making machines and it has now been corrected. I know how inconvenient it is to get to your room and not be able to open the door.. Again please accept my apology. I see your comment that you would not stay here again, if you would I would love the opportunity to make your next stay right. I am attaching my contact information and would like you to contact me personally. I know our stay will be much better and we can turn this bad situation into a much better one.

kukubla
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The shower head needs to be replaced or cleaned... the water would get anywhere but on you. At the check in we were not told a word about any of the property amenities. We were not sure about the pool or the restaurant. Some rooms had Internet and breakfast included and some not and we didn't know which one we had.(we could've probably read it on our confirmation from Expedia but did have it handy). And we were not offered any options to change or upgrade. At the check out we asked for a printed receipt but were told that we booked through Expedia and should have it emailed to us by them...why not to print it for us if we asked?
Overall it is a decent hotel for business trips. But not much for travel and pleasure.

• Stayed May 2013
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello Kukubla-

Thank you for your review, we are a great hotel for both Business and Pleasure I am sorry we did not live up to that expectation. You are absolutely correct your check-in process should have explained all our amenities. I would love for you to give us another chance. Next time please reach out to me directly I will ensure your stay is perfect.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great customer service and rooms were very clean and comfortable. Had minor problems but were attended very quickly. Couldnt ask for a better location. We appreciated everything they did for us on such a late notice for a group of blocked rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Christine-

Thank you for your five star review I am so happy you and your group enjoyed their stay at our hotel. We hope to see you for your next tournament in ABQ.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent three nights over Memorial weekend. Room was booked in advance but we had to change our arrival/departure dates. Reservations quoted an increased rate but online I booked the romance package at 109.00/night that included daily breakfast, a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates. Arriving at the Sheraton after a stressful travel day it was nice to see ice water infused with orange slice. Very refreshing and much appreciated, as was the efficient check in. The 7th floor king bed room was clean, spacious and quiet. The bathroom was also clean. Sheraton Uptown provided the usual amenities, including shaving cream, emery boards and bath poufs. In hindsight we should have had maintenance check our a/c. We mentioned to the front desk that the fan was running but that it seemed the room never got chilly. I am sure if we had followed up they would have taken care of us. Breakfast at the ABQ Grill was surprisingly good and the daily vouchers allowed us to choose from the menu. During our stay we tried the egg white frittata, cream cheesed stuffed French toast and a creme brulee oatmeal. Coffee and fresh squeezed o.j. are included. We gave the sparking wine to our family but kept the yummy chocolate dipped cheese cake{?} on a stick. We would recommend the Sheraton Uptown.

Room Tip: Any room away from elevators or ice machines.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello Trvl1961

Thanks you for your nice review on our property, I love the Creme Brulee Oatmeal also.. It sound like you have a very nice relaxing & enjoyable weekend. Our romance package is a great deal thank you for letting other reviewer know about this. I hope your travels bring you back to ABQ soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

On check in staff did not seem to understand platinum status. Club room was lacking all around. No free alcoholic drinks and the wine for purchase was not impressive. The server in the club lounge was very nice but also overbearing and too loud and had a tip jar front and center (never seen a tip jar at a Sheraton club lounge before). We are used to the lounges being places to relax, did not feel this way here. Room was on second floor and the music from down stairs was far too loud. On check out we were told that we should have said something and they would have turned it down for us. Air conditioner was not cool enough. On check out we were charged $40-. I have no idea what for as we used Starwood points for our stay. I pointed this out and the charge was taken off, still not sure why we were charged (?). At check out the staff asked about our stay. He asked detailed questions and I answered honestly, we were disappointed. The staff asked if he could get a manager and the manager took our feedback seriously and took care of us as well. I was told that if they do not get honest feedback then they can not make improvements. Very professional.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Pat B-

Thank you for your review, all feedback is great, first please accept my apology. I read your review and your stay as you explained it was not typical and I am sure what you expected. I would love the opportunity to make this right. I hope your travels will bring you back to ABQ soon and I promise you next stay will be a WOW experience.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed one night and couldn't ask for a better location. Started a little rough though. Lock on door was broke and door wouldn't close and lock. Informed front desk and within 5 minutes John from maintenance was at our door to fix. He tried everything he could to fix but did not want to keep us from going to dinner. So he personally got us another room very quickly. Now that was excellent and very friendly service I was very impressed. The club rooms were very comfortable, clean, and roomy. When I visit the Albuquerque area again I will most surely stay here again as well as recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Ezduzit3-

Thank you for your five star review... Thank you for talking about John he is wonderful associate and I know he will be happy to hear he made an impression on you during you visit to ABQ. I also love to hear my favorite word... WE WILL BE BACK...

Damen Kompanowski

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!